Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Because 60 Minutes Just Isn't Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This early isn't when you want this though. January? Sure, I am 100% for these 4 day breaks, but man, we're what, 2 weeks into the season?

Perhaps, but one underrated part about all these days off is it gives the team more time to practice/get in video. We've had a ton of bad habits early, so giving Sully more time to break those isn't a bad thing.

I am very interested to see what Penguins team we see tonight. Was Toronto a one off or are we going to go on a nice run here where we actually play defense and don't mail it in effort-wise?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Perhaps, but one underrated part about all these days off is it gives the team more time to practice/get in video. We've had a ton of bad habits early, so giving Sully more time to break those isn't a bad thing.

I am very interested to see what Penguins team we see tonight. Was Toronto a one off or are we going to go on a nice run here where we actually play defense and don't mail it in effort-wise?
I can't wait to see Olli burned on every shift.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Are you trying to say you don't think it's a good idea to match Maatta up against McDavid every shift?

I almost want it to happen, just to shut people up about how good he is position-ally and it doesn't matter how fast people are if his positioning is fine.

Dude's positioning has been suspect since last season. This is going to be a gong show if Todd ever figures out how to match lines and puts McSpeed vs Maatta.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Moving my Sprong thoughts here...

Any chance he can be "injured" and go to WBS on a rehab assignment?

Can’t be injured to go down but can send players down on temporary conditioning assignments if they have been sitting a lot.

Not sure how the technicalities work though.

EDIT: Found this

“Injured players cannot be loaned to a minor league team before being cleared to play. However, because the waiver expiration rules are not suspended when a player is injured, if the player was already recalled from that team and waivers haven't expired, he can be returned to the minor league team, but he still receives his NHL salary until cleared to play.
If the player agrees, a team can send him without waivers to the AHL for a conditioning loan for up to fourteen consecutive days.
A player on long-term injured reserve can be sent, if he agrees, to the AHL on a conditioning loan for up to three games or six days, whichever is longer, to determine if he is fit to play.”

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I’m sure Sprong is only back at practice because Brass is missing...when he returns, assuming no injury, seems like Sprong will be heading to the press box...

I think if that were the case Sheahan would be centering the Simon/Hornqvist line and Grant would be practicing where Sprong is.

Grants not gonna center that line in game if Brassard is hurt so I doubt he's playing based on those line rushes.

Reactions: Andy99 and DegenX

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I’m sure Sprong is only back at practice because Brass is missing...when he returns, assuming no injury, seems like Sprong will be heading to the press box...

What are you basing this on other than your negativity?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We need an all purpose Sprong thread :laugh:

Here's the caption.

ImaginativeSecondBighornsheep-size_restricted.gif

A squirrel who's got a nut but has Sprong a water problem

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Funny stat.. Daniel Sprong has as many points as Derrick Brassard and Bryan Rust combined.. Even with his tragicomical icetime.. IMO there are much bigger problems than Sprong right now. Maatta, Johnson, Rust, Brassard have all been terrible.

Agreed.
Johnson, they simply should feed Riiko and if Rig keeps his better play up, him too, more ice time/responsibility.

Brass is still having trouble finding his spot on this club. If theres one guy that needs some stable wingers(or A stable one) for awhile, it's him. I'd start by giving him Rust or Horny and then test out the other wing. Instead they went quickly from Simon and Rust to Simon/Horny to up with Sid to Simon/Sprong+some Sid shifts. Thats not the way i'd go about things.

Rust, i simply play him on L3 or 4.
Prefer Horny with Sid if it's Rust vs Horny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad