Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Because 60 Minutes Just Isn't Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Basically a 2 week road trip for 4 total games. Bond away.

s369nHo.gif

credit @Ugene Malkin

Last edited:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I’m just hoping that the Leafs game was one to build off of.

The excuse last year was that they were exhausted from back to back Cup runs and then had a slew of back to backs to play. I don’t want the excuse to be this year that the games are too spaced out and that they can’t find a rhythm and keep momentum.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'm a bit concerned the opposite will be the case. Sometimes it seems like they have a strong game (like versus the Leafs) just to say, "See? We can do it if we want to", then proceed to have a stinker the next night when they feel they've already proven their point the previous game.

Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
@Fordy I know Brassard hasn’t been good this year, but our team success is more vital on Brassard being a solid bottom six center than Sprong being a goal scoring winger.

That’s why Sprong’s usage doesn’t bother me. He’s a luxury for us this year. Next year that changes as we likely lose a lot of our depth, but Brassard being a center and producing is essential to us being a contender.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They don’t need to be world beaters right now...I’m fine if they think everything’s hunky dory after the Leafs and they fall back and get beaten by bad teams like VAN...they need some struggle and challenge and something to overcome even if it’s themselves...otherwise it won’t be a Cup year...that’s how they’ve gotten their Cups...so let it be written, so let it be done!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think Jake's played particularly well this season. I know he's got 4 goals in 6 games, which on paper is very good, but he hasn't looked dangerous shift to shift like I was hoping.

I'm still waiting for Playoff Jake to show up more often in the regular season as well.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
As for whether the cool teams that stack their lines have a Cup, Cup isn’t won in the regular season so that’s irrelevant. And yea, Washington with Kuznetsov and Ovechkin together with an injured Backstrom on the second line won ;). Detroit in their prime played Datsyuk and Zetterberg together depending on the opponent too. This is all moot since it will never happen, but the team is deep enough to play the two-headed monster together and maybe get better results given that no RW on the team seems to fit with Crosby and Brassard is in limbo.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

The excuse last year was that they were exhausted from back to back Cup runs and then had a slew of back to backs to play. I don’t want the excuse to be this year that the games are too spaced out and that they can’t find a rhythm and keep momentum.
Haha I could sadly see people on this site blaming poor play based on having several days off in between games.

Hopefully the time spent at the resort in Banff will bring the team together.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't think Jake's played particularly well this season. I know he's got 4 goals in 6 games, which on paper is very good, but he hasn't looked dangerous shift to shift like I was hoping.

I'm still waiting for Playoff Jake to show up more often in the regular season as well.

IMO a lot of that is Crosby’s play. Jake has thrown a ton of passes that Crosby has fumbled. Likewise Crosby has been doing the same to Jake.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Sideline

May 23, 2004
The Penguins got a hall pass for a Friday night in Toronto and then spend a few days in Banff. I think they might start slow in Edmonton...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No no, Sullivan is using it as a teaching moment.

He's making everyone look at their reflections in the lake.

And telling them, the work they put in on the ice will reflect in the standings.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No no, Sullivan is using it as a teaching moment.

He's making everyone look at their reflections in the lake.

And telling them, the work they put in on the ice will reflect in the standings.

I heard they were gathering around a campfire, making s’mores and singing Kumbaya....

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I heard they were gathering around a campfire, making s’mores and singing Kumbaya....

That's later, but a bit different than you think. They're going to great lengths to ensure a Stanley Cup victory this year....

janske_ohne_ohne.jpg

...triangle of gold...
...puck of rubber...
...grant the speed of...
...young to these old...

...stick of carbon...
...locks of Hags...
...these pieces shall...
...combine in my cauldron...

...Bits from Tim's...
...blade of Crosby...
...and they shall be...
...the next Champions!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They don’t need to be world beaters right now...I’m fine if they think everything’s hunky dory after the Leafs and they fall back and get beaten by bad teams like VAN...they need some struggle and challenge and something to overcome even if it’s themselves...otherwise it won’t be a Cup year...that’s how they’ve gotten their Cups...so let it be written, so let it be done!

Something in the middle would be nice. I don't need a total all out scorching effort for a triumphal procession through the games that don't matter, but we need more than we've seen against Montral and Vancouver.

Also, the injury gods have your adversity covered - just you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->