Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread - It's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Replying to @Peat
Expecting- Pens to finish close to the top league wide in almost every offensive category. Win close to 60 games. Maybe 57-58 or so. Make it the cup to get a chance hoist another.

Hoping - Malkin wins the scoring title. Crosby wins league MVP. Sprong scores 20+ goals. Letang wins Norris. Minimal hopes...right? lol

Reactions: Peat

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Some things to look forward to today/tomorrow:

- Injuries (obviously) to see if Sprong/Dumo/Jarry are ok.

- 3rd jersey? Basically our entire division has released theirs. Our third should be released pretty soon.

- Lines as there is no more hiding what the lines will be. Practice should be fun the next couple days.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Replying to @Peat
Expecting- Pens to finish close to the top league wide in almost every offensive category. Win close to 60 games. Maybe 57-58 or so. Make it the cup to get a chance hoist another.

Hoping - Malkin wins the scoring title. Crosby wins league MVP. Sprong scores 20+ goals. Letang wins Norris. Minimal hopes...right? lol

Go big or go home eh :laugh:

@Warm Cookies - I'd be a lot more excited about that line if I believed Rust could stay consistent. I think it'll go really hot for a while then break up. If Rust could prove me wrong this year, it could get really explosive...

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
:yo:Finally, the real season is almost here!!!
Hope the injuries guys are back and it's nothing too serious
Client just brought me the tickets to the game in 2 weeks here!

Reactions: ColePens

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
@Warm Cookies - I'd be a lot more excited about that line if I believed Rust could stay consistent. I think it'll go really hot for a while then break up. If Rust could prove me wrong this year, it could get really explosive...

Yeah, Rust/Brass will need some more skill on their other wing to be a consistent threat IMO. But there's a lot that works there.

Reactions: BHD

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Reactions: BHD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I just hope Sprong's got enough leash with the coaches to do his thing. If he gives it his all, has the good graces of the coaching staff, is allowed to find his comfort zone and still fails, so be it--but I just want his failure, if it comes, to be because he just wasn't good enough. I don't want to be left with a situation where a guy just never really got a good enough opportunity or was never placed in a situation best suited to his success like we had with Despres.

Reactions: Victor Z and Andy99

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just hope Sprong's got enough leash with the coaches to do his thing. If he gives it his all, has the good graces of the coaching staff, is allowed to find his comfort zone and still fails, so be it--but I just want his failure, if it comes, to be because he just wasn't good enough. I don't want to be left with a situation where a guy just never really got a good enough opportunity or was never placed in a situation best suited to his success like we had with Despres.
He hasn't had it as long as we might like yet, but sprong was given a better opportunity for 8 games than most prospects ever get. Hopefully he can take another step this year.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He hasn't had it as long as we might like yet, but sprong was given a better opportunity for 8 games than most prospects ever get. Hopefully he can take another step this year.
He just needs to gain some traction by playing on a consistent basis. That 4th line will be a good spot for him to do that. Minimal pressure with decent offensive players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad