Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | DeSmith Re-assigned, Jarry Recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I agree. The fourth line is bad. That's on JR. There are replacement choices in WBS. Obviously they don't think they're better. That's on Sully. (And perhaps Shero if the farm system isn't good enough). As you can see, very few trades have been made across the NHL. JR is not going to be able to trade for three new fourth line players. But who's waived, called up and who's playing out of those options ultimately rests with Sully because they're not going to be called up (or waived) if the coach isn't or is going to play them....

I’m sure he could start the process. He’s had 7 months. It’s 4th line players.

As I mentioned Sully doesn’t play Reaves or Rowney that often so it’s not like he’s pushing hard for these guys and Sprong got more minutes than Simon, Kuhnhackl, Reaves, Rowney, ZAR and Dea.

Of course JR needs to discuss things with Sully but JR runs the roster. If Sprong is in Sully will play him more than the other guys I’ve mentioned.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's already been shown that thinking that Sully will move Kuhn, Rowney or Reaves off the roster is highly delusional thinking, possible from an insane person, lol. Believing that voices are telling you to slay all blue-eyed people is actually more rational than believing Sully will move any of those three off the roster...

Its highly delusional to think that Sully would move players who he's HSed before?

One of them is a HS by now every game we have a healthy roster. Another will follow post-centre trade. If Sprong or ZAR sticks, or JR wins the Kane lottery, all three are gone.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Its highly delusional to think that Sully would move players who he's HSed before?

One of them is a HS by now every game we have a healthy roster. Another will follow post-centre trade. If Sprong or ZAR sticks, or JR wins the Kane lottery, all three are gone.

I don't remember if he scratched Rowney or Kuhn this year, Rowney was injured, but if he did, it was not very long for all three of them. The only conclusion one can draw is that he prefers all three of them over alternatives in WBS. It certainly appears that he loves Kuhn. If he preferred playing others in the WBS, at least Kuhn and Rowney would be waived. They're not going to be picked up. Reaves likely would. That he prefers to play them over WBS players again is the only conclusion one can draw, otherwise at least one or two of them would be waived already I suspect....

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Anyone surprised by Desmith getting sent down?

Really baffling to me when Jarry is clearly the better goalie..
Jarry for the most part has looked better. The question I guess is where do you put the better goalie. Do you keep the better of the two up to practice with the team but play fewer games, or send the better of the two down to get more starts?

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jarry for the most part has looked better. The question I guess is where do you put the better goalie. Do you keep the better of the two up to practice with the team but play fewer games, or send the better of the two down to get more starts?

I thought about this. I still would’ve kept Jarry up here and played him. They played Desmith. Just another weird coaching decision.

I still feel like Desmith was at fault for two of those goals last night. Especially goal two when he is letting a puck go through him ala Holtby.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
My guess is that they kept DeSmith up as he was the hotter hand but now he's losing form, they want Jarry.

I don't remember if he scratched Rowney or Kuhn this year, Rowney was injured, but if he did, it was not very long for all three of them. The only conclusion one can draw is that he prefers all three of them over alternatives in WBS. It certainly appears that he loves Kuhn. If he preferred playing others in the WBS, at least Kuhn and Rowney would be waived. They're not going to be picked up. Reaves likely would. That he prefers to play them over WBS players again is the only conclusion one can draw, otherwise at least one or two of them would be waived already I suspect....

He's scratched Kuhn this season and last. Scratched Rowney last too - he's not been fit enough or near deep enough depth to scratch this. Although he did often have less minutes than McKegg.

Preferring them over the alternatives in WBS doesn't mean he loves them. Particularly in an org that values slow maturation of prospects. It means he views them as the better option for now. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad