Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | DeSmith Re-assigned, Jarry Recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Scratching Sheary?Kuhn? Guessing it isn't Reaves given that the Flyers are next up.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
At least one of Letang or Schultz is set to return, so that's a positive. If it's Schultz.

Kuhn played >5 minutes last night, so hopefully Simon is back up to slot in for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Scratching Sheary?Kuhn? Guessing it isn't Reaves given that the Flyers are next up.

Not sure who they scratch, but with Rust out they only have three PK fwds if Kuhn sits.

They wouldn't bring Simon up to sit though I'd imagine.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If Kuhnhackl is needed for the PK and Reaves is needed for the gooning could another winger be injured?

I think a reporter made a comment about sprong getting called up after a hatty so should Simon expect one too. He jokingly said something like "yeah I'll be expecting a call".

It was a joke.

That ungrateful little bastard.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
I think a reporter made a comment about sprong getting called up after a hatty so should Simon expect one too after getting an ot winner. He jokingly said something like "yeah I'll be expecting a call".

It was a joke.
Ah. Thanks

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If Kuhnhackl is needed for the PK and Reaves is needed for the gooning could another winger be injured?

That ungrateful little bastard.

With Oleksiak in the lineup maybe they scratch Reaves? I mean the Flyers have Gudas and Simmonds but it isn't like they have Rinaldo in the lineup anymore.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It were me, i don't give a damn about the 1 PK'er(Kuhn). Send Sid out there. Horny. Geno, Simon, Reaves...whatever...

I'd try a little something different up front cuz none of what Sully's doing is working:

Hags-Sid-Sprong
Jake-G-Phil
Sheary-Sheahan-Horny
Simon-Rowney-Reaves

And any LW'er who's ready to play early out of Jake/Sheary/Simon get to play with G for the night.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
It were me, i don't give a damn about the 1 PK'er(Kuhn). Send Sid out there. Horny. Geno, Simon, Reaves...whatever...

Exactly. Heck, I could even try Sheary on PK. His speed, like Hagelin's, can be a disruptive element on PK.

Also I've long wanted Sid and Geno get more responsibility on PK - just to make the PK a scoring threat as well. They don't need to play 2+ minutes per game on PK, but half a minute to a minute should be manageable for their overall TOI. Tavares, Giroux, McDavid, Getzlaf, even Eichel plays on PK. So should Sid and Geno too. But we've seen it over and over again it won't happen unfortunately.

Reactions: vodeni

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sheary - Crosby - Hornqvist
Simon - Malkin - Sprong
Hagelin - Guentzel - Kessel
Rowney - Sheahan - Reaves

We need somebody centering the 3rd line who can generate some offense. Otherwise calling Sprong up is pointless.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
With Oleksiak in the lineup maybe they scratch Reaves? I mean the Flyers have Gudas and Simmonds but it isn't like they have Rinaldo in the lineup anymore.

Not playing him against the Flyers after they took out Murray again even if they don’t have someone like Rinaldo seems like it would be admitting defeat. I really question if we’ll see them give in with Reaves.

Kuhnhackl and Reaves were both under 5 minutes last night and I assume simon wouldn’t be called up to do nothing. Idk, maybe they’ve reached the f*** feeling safe, we need offence stage. I don’t recall a winger getting hurt last night.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

When this season comes to a close, and it favors on the side of missing the playoffs, that locker room is going to have to look at themselves and the month of December as a reason why they are golfing early.

That is a sad stat. But it doesn't win sad stat of the month! That was the 5 on 5 goal drought that went weeks.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'm really hoping that Sully saw the impact that fresh blood like Sprong and Simon had individually and is going to get them both in the lineup.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Not playing him against the Flyers after they took out Murray again even if they don’t have someone like Rinaldo seems like it would be admitting defeat. I really question if we’ll see them give in with Reaves.

Kuhnhackl and Reaves were both under 5 minutes last night and I assume simon wouldn’t be called up to do nothing. Idk, maybe they’ve reached the **** feeling safe, we need offence stage. I don’t recall a winger getting hurt last night.

Sheahan was the only one I remember getting banged up. I think he's ok though.

Simon does play some C, so that versatility is a plus.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Sheahan was the only one I remember getting banged up. I think he's ok though.

Simon does play some C, so that versatility is a plus.

Yeah, and if it were Sheahan I’d expect McKegg or maybe Blueger being called up. I think Kessel is playing banged up and there was that scare with Hornqvist. Other than that :dunno:

I hope it’s one of the more useless guys being scratched.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this BS about Kuhn being irreplacable PKer must stop. Other teams have a bunch of PKers, Simon can PK everyone with the pulse can PK, get fast guys and have them press the blue line, than you don't need human shield...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
this BS about Kuhn being irreplacable PKer must stop. Other teams have a bunch of PKers, Simon can PK everyone with the pulse can PK, get fast guys and have them press the blue line, than you don't need human shield...

That should have been adjusted 10 games or so ago, too. But oh well. Can't change the past.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
With Corrado still up, im guessing only one of Letang/Schultz will return tomorrow.

Corrado requires waivers to be sent down so they may keep him up for the duration of Ruhwedel's absence. They were carrying 8 D since the Oleksiak trade so Corrado is just the 8th D now that Ruhwedel is injured, so it shouldn't automatically mean both Letang and Schultz couldn't return tomorrow.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Corrado requires waivers to be sent down so they may keep him up for the duration of Ruhwedel's absence. They were carrying 8 D since the Oleksiak trade so Corrado is just the 8th D now that Ruhwedel is injured, so it shouldn't automatically mean both Letang and Schultz couldn't return tomorrow.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad