The All Purpose Leighton Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think this may be the only thread on HF boards dedicated solely to the backup goalie. I love being a Flyers fan!

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Shouldn't that have been his goal the whole time he's been in the NHL? :dunno:

Yeah kind of curious that is his goal NOW ....after botching badly a once in a lifetime chance at it already. Some actually never even get a chance. Go figure...

BTW..he has been in the AHL most of the time where he belongs so I guess it makes sense that it wasn't always his goal since the primary goal was prolly to get back to the NHL like he's had to do his whole life and there is a reason for it...

Last edited:

RJ8812*

seriously? a Leighton thread?

this hack doesnt deserve his own thread

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It's all fun and games until Bryzgalov plays his first 5 goal / 24 save game, and this thread goes from laughtrack to reoccurring nightmare.

Yup...he's a backup (albeit a career AHL backup) until he becomes an NHL starter b/c of injury or some Bryz AWOL reason such as him stinking which I hope he doesn't

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
LOL, this thread is already Epic..

doesnt matter what he does/says/performs like..
its all BAD, all the time here..

Hahah..

don't really get what's so funny about having a crappy back up goaltender. sure he had a few decent games but overall he's not very good and after that horrendous goal, no one wants to see him wearing a flyers jersey. or i should say most flyers fans don't like seeing him in one. and i especially don't want to hear about how it gave him a new goal in life or how he's a better person for it. all he had to say is that he learned from his mistakes and put it behind him not any of that other bs. i mean its not a big deal but when the fans don't like you already of course they're going to nick pick at everything you say/do.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yup...he's a backup (albeit a career AHL backup) until he becomes an NHL starter b/c of injury or some Bryz AWOL reason such as him stinking which I hope he doesn't

I know people hate him around here, but if you are going to bash him at least bash him for things that are true. He is not a career AHL backup. In fact he has played very well in the AHL as a starter (2.29 GAA, .918 SV% in over 350 games, playing in less than 20 games in only two seasons in the AHL). I don't want to get back into the argument of how he has fared in the NHL, but if you are going to take a shot at him, at least make it something based on fact.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I know people hate him around here, but if you are going to bash him at least bash him for things that are true. He is not a career AHL backup. In fact he has played very well in the AHL as a starter (2.29 GAA, .918 SV% in over 350 games, playing in less than 20 games in only two seasons in the AHL). I don't want to get back into the argument of how he has fared in the NHL, but if you are going to take a shot at him, at least make it something based on fact.

I meant a career AHL player at the NHL level as backup meaning he is not NHL material even as a backup. Worded it incorrectly....so yeah my bad

flyersguy33*

AHL starter or backup. who gives a ****. fact is he still sucks and shouldn't be in the nhl.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Went to the open practice last night, from what I saw Leighton let nearly everything that came his way in. Bryz looked solid. Granted it's only practice, but it's something.

i noticed this too. and some were pretty bad too but it was only practice. i just sincerely hope we only have to watch him play a few games this year.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
got this ready:

66208128.jpg

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Honestly I wouldn't be as worried about Leighton as a backup if it wasn't for not knowing what Bryz we'll see. Hopefully, it will be a moot point.

As far as Leighton's performance in the practice...sounds like it wasn't much of a practice. More like a spectacle for the fans but not good if Leighton made a spectacle of himself. I can't judge since didn't see him....I heard they did breakaways which is def not his forte. He can be decent if he makes the first save and is under control and the D can clear it out. If he is wobbly on first save attempts like Bryz was a lot last year well yeah we'll have problems.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Honestly I wouldn't be as worried about Leighton as a backup if it wasn't for not knowing what Bryz we'll see. Hopefully, it will be a moot point.

As far as Leighton's performance in the practice...sounds like it wasn't much of a practice. More like a spectacle for the fans but not good if Leighton made a spectacle of himself. I can't judge since didn't see him....I heard they did breakaways which is def not his forte. He can be decent if he makes the first save and is under control and the D can clear it out. If he is wobbly on first save attempts like Bryz was a lot last year well yeah we'll have problems.

not on the shoot out portion of practice. i was primarily talking about the rushes. 3 on 2 or 2 on 1s. they would just take whatever shot they had on and rush and bulk of what i say were going in five-hole, under his arm, you name it. again it was practice.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
I wish we would get a veteran backup who can play. Ducks went out and got Fasth, I wish we had gone after Vehanen or similar instead of Leighton.

Victory5

Apr 12, 2011
I will never forgive him for that cup loss, until he wins us another cup.....which will never happen.

Bring back boosh :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad