The All Purpose "Jack Johnson Sucks" Thread

Will they need to add a sweetener to trade Johnson?

• Total voters

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The encouraging thing I've seen is that the Johnson-Schultz pair has actually looked pretty solid overall I've thought. They're getting absolutely caved in terms of possession, which makes me think it's not sustainable that they're looking good, but they're at a positive goal differential and they've passed the eye test.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

ChuckyMcLucky

Apr 15, 2019
I have been an LA Kings season ticket holder since 2009. I watched for the better part of 3 painful seasons as Jack Johnson consistently harmed his team with his low-IQ defensive inability. He is completely incapable of understanding how to play defense. Despite more than a decade in the league, he is routinely made a fool of by even the most pedestrian forwards. While I was critical of him, other Kings fans would rag on me for my entirely objective and factually correct assessment of his pitiful, pathetic, moronic play. They would defend his "potential" and "intangibles" and "physical tools", willfully ignoring the fact that even aging career minor-leaguers were better than he was. Seeing him bounce to CBJ--thank you so much Columbus for Jeff Carter and the 2 Stanley Cups he helped bring us--and then PIT, I saw other fan bases vainly hope that he would mature from his 5-year-old self into a thinking adult. That isn't possible. He is incredibly unintelligent, unable to learn how to play hockey despite being surrounded daily by the best players & coaches in the world, and completely insufferable when faced with legitimate criticism. Pittsburgh wanted Jack Johnson. Jim Rutherford wanted Jack Johnson. Sidney Crosby wanted Jack Johnson. Congratulations, you got Jack Johnson!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I have been an LA Kings season ticket holder since 2009. I watched for the better part of 3 painful seasons as Jack Johnson consistently harmed his team with his low-IQ defensive inability. He is completely incapable of understanding how to play defense. Despite more than a decade in the league, he is routinely made a fool of by even the most pedestrian forwards. While I was critical of him, other Kings fans would rag on me for my entirely objective and factually correct assessment of his pitiful, pathetic, moronic play. They would defend his "potential" and "intangibles" and "physical tools", willfully ignoring the fact that even aging career minor-leaguers were better than he was. Seeing him bounce to CBJ--thank you so much Columbus for Jeff Carter and the 2 Stanley Cups he helped bring us--and then PIT, I saw other fan bases vainly hope that he would mature from his 5-year-old self into a thinking adult. That isn't possible. He is incredibly unintelligent, unable to learn how to play hockey despite being surrounded daily by the best players & coaches in the world, and completely insufferable when faced with legitimate criticism. Pittsburgh wanted Jack Johnson. Jim Rutherford wanted Jack Johnson. Sidney Crosby wanted Jack Johnson. Congratulations, you got Jack Johnson!

It’s our coaches fault plus he was “fantastic” since December.

Light beer version of Letang according to some.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Seriously high-quality first post.

Can we un-have Jack Johnson por favor?

Reactions: ChuckyMcLucky

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

pssst. We've won 3 Cups and counting in the Crosby era. Enjoy us having the anchor that is JJ I guess but none of us cares that much and we've still got a far brighter future than the Kings.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
if 'we' have a welcoming committee and @Pancakes aint on it...thats a travesty...a correctable one...

that said, johnson hasnt been in the Pens top10 reasons why theyre sucking...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
?? Why throwing shade?

This guy is coming in here trash talking us for having JJ. He ain't gonna break up my party.

3Cb761Q.jpg

Reactions: Golden Puppers

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
This guy is coming in here trash talking us for having JJ. He ain't gonna break up my party.

3Cb761Q.jpg

I think an outside perspective on Johnson's play is valuable. Especially since our management claimed that they knew better than others what he was capable of, and now look like fools for their hubris.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I didn't see it as trash talk, but maybe that's because I knew who JJ was before we got him.

We all knew who JJ was. This guy just came in here gloating about it for whatever reason like this entire board didn't realize JJ would suck when we signed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad