WWE: The All Encompassing State of Women's Wrestling Thread

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Might be easier to discuss this in one thread instead of in multiple threads.

If we were to list the current talent under various categories, who would people see in which:

On their way out of the company due to age/creative's inability to use them:

The main stars right now/waiting to get pushed/need to be pushed:

NXT talent closest to getting called up:

The next biggest NXT talent:

Some other subjects worthy of discussion:

Who the hell is doing the booking for women on the main roster? Because it's been awful.

Is Natty being groomed for a trainer role or something since she's not much on tv and pretty much jobbing to all the new talent?

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't want to focus on overall talent, but actually the overall storylines/ring time. I watched Emma/Paige in NXT and it made me appreciate women's wrestling for the first time in probably 10+ years. They both came to Raw and everything they have done sucks. Paige hasn't done anything and looks terrible. She screams THIS IS MY HOUSE and that's all. She was so damn good in NXT.

I want to know what the difference is. I don't see one major thing. I just notice all the great wrestling in NXT is transitioned into **** when it hits Raw.

S A W F T*

I'm guessing the Bellas won't be with the company a year from now, Nikki might be injured and Brie's "clock" is ticking.

Brie has said she wants to start a family as well. DB is making enough money for the both of them. I am assuming he's still getting a salary from WWE even through injury?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
When Paige is on the top of her game, both on the mic and in the ring, she is the 2nd best diva in the company.

Sasha could be a generational diva and I'm glad that it looks like they're saving her big win for WrestleMania. I would have her lose in her hometown of Boston to build more energy towards the WM win, tbh.

Natty is absolutely being groomed for a trainer role.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Nice thread, almost started one breaking down all the women in WWE and NXT. Looking on WWE.com not counting Rosa who is pregnant, Renee, Lillian and Eden who are not going to be wrestlers I count:

Alicia Fox- Not sure how she has survived this long, but hey good for her. Not sure how much longer she can last right, but obviously she gets along with everyone if she has had her job this long.

Becky Lynch- A fast riser in NXT starting out with Bayley then turning on her and joining Sasha Banks, and finally being in a great fatal 4 way with a great title match vs Sasha Banks. Has done nothing on the main roster, hopefully she gets away from Charlotte very soon.

Brie- A staple of Total Divas, but have to imagine she wants to have kids at some point, no real future in the ring, maybe one more Mania tag match with her sister.

Charlotte-A strong worker in NXT as champ having good matches with the other Horsewomen, especially her matches with Sasha. A mess of a character on the main roster, hopefully a Flair like heel turn soon.

Lana- Got over with the crowd as a good looking strong manager. In a terrible feud before getting injured, and now seemingly annoying upper management often, training at NXT, not sure what future holds, would be fine with her as a manger for Rusev again.

Naomi/Tamina- Boring dead weight. Naomi is at least athletic, not sure what Tamina can do, terrible in the ring.

Natayla- Another staple of Total Divas, trainer seems like a good idea for her eventually, especially since she lives in Florida.

Nikki Bella- Has gotten worlds better in the ring, a mess of a character and on the microphone, injured now, will be a top diva for as long as she wants to do this.

Paige- Changed the tide in developmental that women were getting back to wrestling, much better as a heel, match enjoyment dropped when called up from NXT, but has been better of late. Again, a staple of Total Divas as well as getting in her first crappy WWE movie, think the stock is up on Paige.

Sasha- A star! Unbelievable matches in NXT, has done nothing on the main roster of real note, but never takes a pin, her time is coming, lets hope they don't screw it up.

Summer- A fine manager/valet, terrible as a Lana clone in the worst feud of the year. Much better with Tyler, good start for them.

Cameron- Back in NXT training, looked better, but it was with Asuka so wait and see.

Eva- Obviously another big part of Total Divas, Triple H clearly likes her, needs to get much better at everything, just because she learned Sliced Bread didn't make her a wrestler. Just has to try and keep working and training hard, wait and see, up to her.

Alexa Bliss- Heel Trish? Look and Mannerisms are great, gets better in the ring every match, has given a bit of life to the two goofs she manages, buying stock in her.

Asuka- Silent killer, talent in the ring is top notch, I'm enjoying the character, probably needs to learn a bit of English, rivalry with Bayley going into Mania weekend is what I'm hoping for.

Bayley- Female Cena? Has gotten worlds better in the ring since first signed, her time is coming very soon. Has a chance to be a superhero to little girl wrestling fans with many Make a Wishes in her future. Don't screw it up.

Billy Kaye/Peyton Royce- Two new Aussies on the NXT scene, but they can go in the ring, and are both beautiful. Would love to see them be bad ass chicks with Emma and run NXT as an Aussie Trio. Emma had them on her cooking show, think the 3 of them could work well together.

Carmella- Still needs work in the ring, but has gotten miles better, is her future on the main roster as a manager to Cass/Enzo or does she stay down? Guess we will find out soon enough.

Dana Brooke- The Total Diva, was very down on her when she first started, but has been pretty enjoyable here hanging with Emma. A heel that the crowd could hate on the main roster, think future is bright.

Emma- DOA gimmick on the main roster, almost lost her job for getting arrested, has really done well to go back to NXT and become Evil Emma. A really good worker, been here for quite a while, fought Paige for first NXT title.Does she just come back to the main roster with Dana? Again, would love to see her join up with the two Aussies and run NXT for a bit.

Nia Jax- Getting a big push very quick, obviously has a different look than any other Diva. Has not been great in the ring, but has really just had squash matches. See where she is in 3-6 months.

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm guessing the Bellas won't be with the company a year from now, Nikki might be injured and Brie's "clock" is ticking.
I dunno. This is another one of these internet bubble things that people don't see, the Bellas are very popular. They make the WWE money by being there, and right now there isn't anyone who can step into their shoes and fill them. They do a lot of crossover media stuff that isn't trivial to replace, especially at short notice.

They should be on their way out, but I don't know if it'll be as quick as people hope it to be.

On the plus side, there is a good crop of talent that they've just debuted. They can build a good replacement there. Paige is really really great for it. She already does a lot of media stuff and does it very well. I expect Bayley is going to be moulded for this kind of thing too.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
14085747331337.png

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
The booking hasn't done anyone any favors, with the exception of Nikki Bella to whom I will give credit because she has improved by leaps and bounds to the point where she is a decent worker who can put on a good match.

What I wonder is this: who is the agent for the women's matches you see on RAW and PPV? Part of the credit of NXT has to go to the agent for those matches....the Great and Powerful Oz....none other than Norman Smiley. Women get up to the main roster and it's a completely different deal. Not to mention you KNOW that elements of the production team <cough> Kevin Dunn <cough> won't take this seriously.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The booking hasn't done anyone any favors, with the exception of Nikki Bella to whom I will give credit because she has improved by leaps and bounds to the point where she is a decent worker who can put on a good match.

What I wonder is this: who is the agent for the women's matches you see on RAW and PPV? Part of the credit of NXT has to go to the agent for those matches....the Great and Powerful Oz....none other than Norman Smiley. Women get up to the main roster and it's a completely different deal. Not to mention you KNOW that elements of the production team <cough> Kevin Dunn <cough> won't take this seriously.

That's the biggest issue. Maybe Nattie could take that role in the future?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I dunno. This is another one of these internet bubble things that people don't see, the Bellas are very popular. They make the WWE money by being there, and right now there isn't anyone who can step into their shoes and fill them. They do a lot of crossover media stuff that isn't trivial to replace, especially at short notice.

They should be on their way out, but I don't know if it'll be as quick as people hope it to be.

On the plus side, there is a good crop of talent that they've just debuted. They can build a good replacement there. Paige is really really great for it. She already does a lot of media stuff and does it very well. I expect Bayley is going to be moulded for this kind of thing too.

You keep saying, in most of your arguments, that people live in an internet bubble and wrestler x is actually very popular. I think you are making this **** up. :laugh: It's 2015. The internet wrestling community isn't some rare group. EVERYONE is on the internet. I don't believe there is a huge difference from a regular WWE fan and the internet community anymore.

But anyway you say that the Bellas make the WWE money and are very popular. How do you not see that as part of the problem? The ratings are in the dumps. Intrigue in the wrestling world is severely lacking. Women's wrestling needed NXT to create a buzz because everyone else was just taking a break during their matches.

For the record - I don't hate the Bellas. I think they are fine. I just laugh that all of your arguments are "Internet fans don't know ****. Reigns/Bellas are making WWE HUGE money!" Yet there is a pretty big issue w/ WWE for piss poor mid 90s ratings on television, no PPV revenue, house show revenues are bad, TV shows are not selling out. So while a Roman Reigns, Total Divas, and Bellas are making money for the WWE, is it really the best options for the betterment of the overall product?

For example - WWE Network has 1 million subscribers with some of those being free monthly subscribers, right? That's 10 million for the month if we count all as paying subscribers. Wrestlemania typically does 1 million buys at about 60 bucks a pop. That's 60 million. Now a typical PPV was doing about 125k-200k in buys at $54.99 for HD. I don't know what the splits are for PPVs and what not, but I am not 100% sold that WWE is doing as well financially as they try and make it seem.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For the reading enjoyment of the thread, please do not use big spaces to show the difference in your tiers. :)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't want to focus on overall talent, but actually the overall storylines/ring time. I watched Emma/Paige in NXT and it made me appreciate women's wrestling for the first time in probably 10+ years. They both came to Raw and everything they have done sucks. Paige hasn't done anything and looks terrible. She screams THIS IS MY HOUSE and that's all. She was so damn good in NXT.

I want to know what the difference is. I don't see one major thing. I just notice all the great wrestling in NXT is transitioned into **** when it hits Raw.

Paige doesn't even have any good shirt designs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad