RDS: The All Encompassing Bergevin Thread: "I know where we are going"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't think JC Lajoie is as bad as you're describing him. Sure he goes over the top most of the time, and most of what he says is bullcrap but you need to understand the persona he's trying to project himself to really lay back and take whatever he says with a huge grain of salt, and then you may start to enjoy him. My biggest issue with his show are his guests. I mean ****ing Pierre Rinfret, who still considers this guy? Yvon Pednault? Terrible. Surprisingly I'm finding Mike Bossy to be bad as well, he has some weird comments sometimes that make absolutely no sense.

The morning show is indeed very good. Langevin is annoying sometimes but Ciccone is great.

I'm not going to quibble with personal taste, however, Lajoie is unconventional and not an easy listen. He lays it thick and whatever is salvageable, requires you to tune out a lot of garbage, including as you rightly mentioned, guests that are in left field or who aren't topical any longer.

I'll stand behind what I wrote. His style is over the top ornery, he likes to delve too much into insignificant details. And he's also a language and political zealot in the mold of his hero, Réjean Tremblay. Plus, he's an advocate for Therrien to return as Habs' coach. 'Nuff said. Not for me, but hey, if you like him, why not.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Quite the opposite, I reinforced the point you were making. He's a bigger failure than you portrayed, even if it was only on account of a playoff berth he got but didn't deserve.

Wasn't your point that he was SUPER CONSISTENT? It's quite obvious you were being sarcastic, as you put those words in capitals. My contribution merely completed your depiction -- he's even more super consistent than you suggested with that playoff berth that shouldn't have been.
I think we can both hope that Julien is let go and Sly comes up. Or better yet flip them. Send Julien to Laval and bring Sly to the Habs. Can't possibly be worse.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think we can both hope that Julien is let go and Sly comes up. Or better yet flip them. Send Julien to Laval and bring Sly to the Habs. Can't possibly be worse.

Oh man, I think I'd pay to watch that. Sly as the Habs head coach and that little rich fool rubber stamping the whole thing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have read that Bergies wife is Slys cousin.

If we'd dig deeper, I'm sure there's a lot more conflict of interest issues than we know. The guy has no rigor or moral compass, he's on a 6-year tour handing out other people's money to friends and family, under the pretext of running a pro management contingent.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I'd like to see Roy as VPHO just so he makes Bergevin's life miserable to the point where he resigns and foregoes the rest of his contract.

My point exactly, think about it, Bergevin is surrounded by yes people, not only would he have the winning/no bs attitude of Roy above his head but he'd have someone the media and fans will probably defend more. Just imagine Roy listening to Bergevin's pressers, I think just having a camera on him during those would be entertaining enough. I'm obviously a huge Roy fan and even I had doubts about putting him in management, but at this point since Molson is too weak to reign in his dog (since he refers to players as dogs, ill extend him the same courtesy) I'd want someone who can put him in his place if he's going to stick around.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't think JC Lajoie is as bad as you're describing him. Sure he goes over the top most of the time, and most of what he says is bullcrap but you need to understand the persona he's trying to project himself to really lay back and take whatever he says with a huge grain of salt, and then you may start to enjoy him. My biggest issue with his show are his guests. I mean ****ing Pierre Rinfret, who still considers this guy? Yvon Pednault? Terrible. Surprisingly I'm finding Mike Bossy to be bad as well, he has some weird comments sometimes that make absolutely no sense.

The morning show is indeed very good. Langevin is annoying sometimes but Ciccone is great.

JC Lajoie is the Alex Jones of French sports media.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Oh man, I think I'd pay to watch that. Sly as the Habs head coach and that little rich fool rubber stamping the whole thing.
Sly was a running joke in Hamilton. Interviews he never seemed to even understand the quiestion and just stutter out some broken cliches. During games if you watched the bench he never ever said anything to players. He just stood and watched the game. Fans were more involved than the coach. lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sly was a running joke in Hamilton. Interviews he never seemed to even understand the quiestion and just stutter out some broken cliches. During games if you watched the bench he never ever said anything to players. He just stood and watched the game. Fans were more involved than the coach. lol

His giant orb of a shaved head probably caused more excitement than whatever it is he was supposed to be doing. :sarcasm:

Reactions: McTusk

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I'm trying to figure out the best-case scenario with MB in place and no major changes to the staff or thinking...

Here would be the most realistic, best-case scenario plan that the MB/Molson team would champion:

1. Sign Tavares 7 x $10.5-15M
- backup is Stastny 3 x $5-6M
- if you miss on both don't sign anyone longer than 1 yr

2. Trade Pacioretty for 2018 1st + young roster player (either C or LD) or true-blue chip prospect

3. Draft BPA with slight bias to C and LD with 1st rounders

4. Target high ceiling prospects with bias to C & LD with 2nd rounders

5. Make room for younger players by trading 1-2 of Alzner (good luck), Benn, Schlemko, Shaw

6. Replace Lefebre with a younger coach who has a realistic chance of being an excellent HC at the NHL level

7. Add/replace player development staff

8. Unless you sign Tavares, prep coaching staff and fans for "transitional year" aiming to bottom out, develop players, and have another good draft in 2019 - citing a need to "build through the draft"

Again, this isn't exactly how I would want to do it, but this is the most realistic Bergevin version of what I'd want to see happen.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I don't think JC Lajoie is as bad as you're describing him. Sure he goes over the top most of the time, and most of what he says is bullcrap but you need to understand the persona he's trying to project himself to really lay back and take whatever he says with a huge grain of salt, and then you may start to enjoy him.

I agree with you. Having a 100% rational guy on radio would be the most boring show ever.

I don't particularly like JC Lajoie, I don't like Ron Fournier either. But I can appreciate how they built a character that will attract some attention on air. It's not easy to be entertaining when all you have is your voice and delivery.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

JC Lajoie is just terrible. He cares more about displaying his deep knowledge of the french language than discussing anything.
Honestly, I bet most of the people who listen to him understand half the words he says.
His opinions are already bad, then you had his over the top use of the french language and wasn't he caught plagiarizing too a while back? Guy is a bozo and his show was just boring. I could tolerate the other garbagemen in Villeneuve and Fournier even if I still thought they were also very bad. Simply desperate and addicted to habs talk, but I always ended up putting some music 5 minutes after JC came on.

I mean, haven't listened to him in years, so maybe he changed...but that is what I remember.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I agree with you. Having a 100% rational guy on radio would be the most boring show ever.

I don't particularly like JC Lajoie, I don't like Ron Fournier either. But I can appreciate how they built a character that will attract some attention on air. It's not easy to be entertaining when all you have is your voice and delivery.
I don't think those guys are very entertaining. There isn't any choice for radio. You want to listen to french radio after a guy. There's Dany Dube and McGuire who do their little commenting. Then you have Fournier shouting like a bozo.
Same with JC. If you want to listen to french habs talk around his time slot on the radio, that's all there is.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
JC Lajoie is just terrible. He cares more about displaying his deep knowledge of the french language than discussing anything.
Honestly, I bet most of the people who listen to him understand half the words he says.
His opinions are already bad, then you had his over the top use of the french language and wasn't he caught plagiarizing too a while back? Guy is a bozo and his show was just boring. I could tolerate the other garbagemen in Villeneuve and Fournier even if I still thought they were also very bad. Simply desperate and addicted to habs talk, but I always ended up putting some music 5 minutes after JC came on.

I mean, haven't listened to him in years, so maybe he changed...but that is what I remember.

I agree with you 100%. Lajoie has not changed and is still a one big bozo.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I would as well, not a fan of that group, Kypreos and Friedman duel it out to get the one quote that impresses Ron.
It must be funny for Ron deep down as well, if you remember it was not too long ago that they tried to attract millennial's with strombo and tried kicking Ron and Don to the curb, how did that work out for them? Ron(who I liked in his CBC days because of his exchanges with Betteman) can now do no wrong at Rogers, they all kiss up to him and Elliot is there because of Ron. TSN is miles ahead and it sucks that they are just regional.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It must be funny for Ron deep down as well, if you remember it was not too long ago that they tried to attract millennial's with strombo and tried kicking Ron and Don to the curb, how did that work out for them? Ron(who I liked in his CBC days because of his exchanges with Betteman) can now do no wrong at Rogers, they all kiss up to him and Elliot is there because of Ron. TSN is miles ahead and it sucks that they are just regional.
Damn straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->