The 'All-Cast-Off' Team

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Inspired by Jordan Oesterle's contract extension with ARI. His 20 pts this season would be good for 2nd best dman scoring numbers, and 6th among skaters.

Taylor Hall - Jordan Eberle - David Perron
Hall went on to win a Hart, while Eberle and Perron can still put up pts,

Drake Caggiula - Tyler Pitlick - Patrick Maroon
Cagguila has been a positive addition to CHI, Pitlick is ok, while Maroon was one of the only players to figure out playing alongside McDavid.

Teemu Hartikainen - Anton Lander - Linus Omark
The All-Euro line, none of them worked out here, but all of them are having success in Europe atm.

Magnus Paajarvi- Matt Hendricks - Andrew Cogliano
These guys are still better than some of the players Oilers plugged in at forward this year.

Justin Schultz - Erik Gustafsson

Schultz became a perennial 1B dman, massive breakout year for Gustafsson

Jordan Oesterle - Jeff Petry
Oesterle has found a home, while while Petry eats minutes.

Brad Hunt - Taylor Fedun
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brandon Manning

Devan Dubnyk

Became a Vezina candidate.

Laurent Brossoit
What a good D can do for a goalie.

Anders Nilsson
Nice save% this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeGrier99

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
That would definitely be a bottom 5 team but they would probably beat us in a head to head game

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
This makes me think of all those times when women would ask me to come in for a glass of water etc. and my response was “oh I’m not thirsty but thank you!”

Now that I know better and have less handsomeness the opportunity never arises.

Thanks OP

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Gustavsson was a defender we drafted that we didn't want to sign that went to Chicago and...has 41 pts in 58 games. Oops.

You have to fire our scouts and management at that point if they couldn't recognize talent which Chicago were eagar to pick up. How are they not ashamed of themselves?
I can't believe these people still have jobs. Somebody needs to tell Katz that you can still be friends with people who don't work for you and start cleaning house!

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Eberle at center....
The skating on this team overall....
That blueline....

So we get a legit starting goalie, but everything else is bottom of the barrel. I think we'd be the worst in almost every statistic in the league.

Now if you took every player we ever traded away and didn't include the 6 best, we'd probably still have a cup winner. (Omit Hall, Gretzy, Messier, Kurri, Coffey and Fur)

Guerin-Weight-Hemsky
Anderson-Arnott-Simpson
Smyth-Horcoff-Whitney
Torres-Cogliano-Marchant

Pronger-Smith
Manson-Hamirlik
Lowe-Lubo
Marchment

Moog
Ranford

Ton of cups there.
Up front every line can skate, take the punishment and deal it out and score.
Manson, Smith, Pronger and Marchment would make us the most hated team in the league and we'd enjoy every minute of it.
Super solid goaltending. Edmonton has never been in a situation where they'd been happy to give 2 goalies each 1/2 the games for an entire season, but that would be the reality.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
You have to fire our scouts and management at that point if they couldn't recognize talent which Chicago were eagar to pick up. How are they not ashamed of themselves?
I can't believe these people still have jobs. Somebody needs to tell Katz that you can still be friends with people who don't work for you and start cleaning house!

And the kicker was they gave up on him so they had room for Keegan Lowe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad