The Alec Martinez appreciation thread

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The 2OT SC winner in 2014 is my favorite moment in Kings history, and really, all of hockey history. I'll never forget that moment, thank you Alec.

eepi5Pg.gif

that moment does not get enough credit league wide. When the NHL and NBC did their top moments of the decade not sure how Kane's cup winner beat it.

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
that moment does not get enough credit league wide. When the NHL and NBC did their top moments of the decade not sure how Kane's cup winner beat it.

You know why...because its the Blackhawks and one of the NHL's superstar players that scored that goal. That 2010 goal was so underwhelming and anti climatic because no one knew the goal had been scored.

The 2014 Cup winning goal was truly magical. At home, double OT, a 100% clean play (no debatable penalties or offsides), and the puck was clearly in the net to everyone watching the game. Add on-top of that the celebration, long goal horn, streamers, crowd going nuts, and sad Lundqvist.... magical. The only way I could see it being better is if it happened in the 7th game instead of the 5th game.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You know why...because its the Blackhawks and one of the NHL's superstar players that scored that goal. That 2010 goal was so underwhelming and anti climatic because no one knew the goal had been scored.

The 2014 Cup winning goal was truly magical. At home, double OT, a 100% clean play (no debatable penalties or offsides), and the puck was clearly in the net to everyone watching the game. Add on-top of that the celebration, long goal horn, streamers, crowd going nuts, and sad Lundqvist.... magical. The only way I could see it being better is if it happened in the 7th game instead of the 5th game.
Agree 100%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad