The Air Horn Chant?

Clunker

Mar 4, 2007
:laugh:
I'm 99% certain that the people who do the most complaining about the noise level in the arena are never actually there to hear it. Most nights it's absolutely fine. Sometimes it's a little quiet. Sometimes it's quite loud. Just like I'd imagine most arenas in the league are.

Let's just go back to all student rush seats. We won't be able to ice a competitive team but it'll sure be loud. Just imagine how many people will be there to yell WOOO all game long!

Agreed. It can be relatively quiet while play is going on, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.. it just means people are watching the game. For the game against the Flyers on Sunday, the place was rocking when the Flyers took a second penalty late to put the pens on a 5-3, and was pretty much loud the rest of the game. So while the fans may need excitement to get them going, they do get loud at the right times.

As for the Air Horn, eh.. it's just another thing the Pens have adopted from other teams like announcing when the team is on the Power Play or playing those chimes every time they're on a PP. Air Horn would've bothered me a few years ago, but now.. eh.. and it's pretty cool at the arena so, no doesn't bother me.

FewLivesMatter

Fav Band:Soul Asylum
Apr 7, 2007
Westerville, OH
As long as we don't start the "Dun, Dun, Dun Dun Dun, CROSBY SUCKS" chant... I don't really care.

Actually, on second thought, that would be hilarious. Flyer fans wouldn't know what to do about that

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
They use it at the Hurricanes game, but instead it's a big bellied man who blows into a plastic horn.

Side note.. what are you guys opinions on the "wave" at a hockey game? Last Canes game I went to, section next to me and started it. I never seen it at a hockey game but after it went around PNC Arena 4x, I was impressed.

No waves at hockey games, that's for sports with large lulls of time....football and baseball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad