The Advanced Stats Thread

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
i read that earlier today and i think he's just hanging out with the wrong people if they scream at him GREGORY CAMPBELL PLAYED BADLY

he misses the point so badly and its infuriating because he's a smart person. he's creating a false dichotomy of people that either like stats BUT HATE ALL HOCKEY and [everyone else]. its insane. people get into stats because they like hockey, they like watching the games and they want to understand it better. painting a massive group of people with a brush of boring stats nerds is a ****** misrepresentation

on top of all of this, he doesnt make any new points. this is the confession of a lot of fans. "i like advanced stats but i like hockey too" wow, good work guy

I don't know, advanced stats do take a bit of the romance out of it, evaluating hockey going from a romantic, if flawed, art to cold science. He's right in some ways, sometimes you need to expose false ideas, sometimes you just have to let the deluded have their delusions.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
i agree with portions of the article. i don't know if romantic is the word i'd use, i'd maybe use enjoyment instead.

each to their own tho. some people like drilling down and analyzing and some people like to watch the game and be done with it.

i've tried to like advanced stats but i find them arduous and time consuming. the only reason i'd try to learn them is so i can participate in discussions.

so ya...exiting this thread.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Does anyone know where to find stats on a team’s Corsi, HD/SCF, and shot differential when certain players are on the ice? I believe Quinn Hughes would lead the league in every single one of those categories based on my eye test.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Does anyone know where to find stats on a team’s Corsi, HD/SCF, and shot differential when certain players are on the ice? I believe Quinn Hughes would lead the league in every single one of those categories based on my eye test.

Buffalo Sabres @ Vancouver Canucks, 2019-12-07

got a Beauty for ya.

this will show you stats of when a player is on the ice against another player what is happenig with the team.

when Quinn Hughes was out there last night against the Sabres we outshot the opponent 23-5. I kid you not.

it also tells you who "he was on the ice with the most."

guess who it was

Reinhart, followed by Eichel and Skinner.

sheltered minutes my ass.

Quinn Hughes was deployed as a top pairing dman last night. first chart you will see shows dominance We literally controlled the game all the way until the final 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Does anyone know where I can find assist/shot per 60 mins stat. So the percentage of passes you make that leads directly to a shot. I cant find it on Natural stat trick. I always hear Jd Burke talking about it, he was saying Goldobin has one of the highest numbers for that stat last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad