The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VII: An Ode to the Sanity of Silverfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yandle was also f***ing incredible this year, but he'll never get consideration because reputation.

My top 7 was Doughty, Hedman, Subban, Jones, Rielly, Miller, and Yandle, and they're pretty interchangible. Competitive year for defensemen.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I am destroying CSA on Twitter the past few days but they deserve it.

Who wants to explain to me how that equation results in a negative number?

I get that this is very much likely a typo where they mean `-` and not `/` but idgaf. Fix your shit.

WE HAVE THIS FANCY PROPRIETARY FORMULA HERE IT IS BUT WRONG.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I am destroying CSA on Twitter the past few days but they deserve it.

Who wants to explain to me how that equation results in a negative number?

Twitter intern is dumb and is misinterpreting a ratio, when they’re most likely saying that there were three fewer quality chances for than against

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Twitter intern is dumb and is misinterpreting a ratio, when they’re most likely saying that there were three fewer quality chances for than against
giphy.gif

@Machinehead .....

I saw it. I quoted it. I removed it. But just know that I know.

Reactions: PlamsUnlimited

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Can someone explain to me why exactly the top two NSH lines get absurdly low ice time?

This has been going on for like a month now and I thought they were just easing into the playoffs but they are still doing it. Arvidsson/Forsberg both have not hit 18 mins since March 27th and in the case of Forsberg he's hit 18 minutes 4 times since the start of March (two being 3/1 and 3/2).

This is odd considering in Oct/Nov Forsberg averaged like 18:15.

They are getting roughly the same TOI as Colton Sissons and Austin Watson.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Brooms out @Harbour Dog

http s://imgur.com/a/d1FElZU

Idk why imgur is killing the previews these days

Can someone explain to me why exactly the top two NSH lines get absurdly low ice time?

This has been going on for like a month now and I thought they were just easing into the playoffs but they are still doing it. Arvidsson/Forsberg both have not hit 18 mins since March 27th and in the case of Forsberg he's hit 18 minutes 4 times since the start of March (two being 3/1 and 3/2).

This is odd considering in Oct/Nov Forsberg averaged like 18:15.

They are getting roughly the same TOI as Colton Sissons and Austin Watson.

What's the % of 5v5 time? Are they taking more penalties than usual?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
They are not. They're actually taking less than they did early in the year where they took a ton (I think).

At 5v5 alone in the last 10 games of the regular season RyJo led them at 12:33 and Watson was 12th at 10:07.

In the playoffs Turris leads them at 13:37 then Fiala/Turris are around 12, Arvidsson/Smith/Watson 11.5, RyJo 11, Bonino/Sissons 10.5.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If this team was top 5 in CF% with the same roster they would be lauded for their hard work and leadership.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
They are not. They're actually taking less than they did early in the year where they took a ton (I think).

At 5v5 alone in the last 10 games of the regular season RyJo led them at 12:33 and Watson was 12th at 10:07.

In the playoffs Turris leads them at 13:37 then Fiala/Turris are around 12, Arvidsson/Smith/Watson 11.5, RyJo 11, Bonino/Sissons 10.5.
Wonder if Lavi is letting matchups get to his head too much? Wants to get Forsberg out there on good matchups and is just underplaying him because of it?

That'd be v dumb.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Wonder if Lavi is letting matchups get to his head too much? Wants to get Forsberg out there on good matchups and is just underplaying him because of it?

That'd be v dumb.

Not sure it's very weird. It pretty much corresponds exactly with Forsbergs injuty. In Oct-Dec he was around 18/min game. He didn't play at all in January. Then Feb-Apr he's been under 17 each month.

It's not that he's playing hurt or anything though because it's not just him. Arvidsson has the same trend. It doesn't correspond with them acquiring Turris or Fisher coming back either. All of a sudden they just started giving tons of ice time to their bottom lines.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Corresponded with the Rangers performance and then the announcement from management that they were going to sell?
That's when the "blow up the organization and draft 15 year olds" crew showed up.

I feel like it was around January when the leadership and culture virus started to spread.

The former is no picnic but it's definitely more readable.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
*frustrated exhale*

You're right. I wish it wasn't in my nature to have to have the last word.

Kills my mental health.

I don’t have a problem engaging people on this site with opposing ideas. But, it is not worth the time and energy to sit and argue with posters who offer very little actual content. I enjoy jousting with you because, while you’re opinionated, you offer a lot in your arguments, and it forces me to examine my own arguments.

But there are posters who just don’t warrant that kind of energy. I see them as being one-note and predictable in a negative manner.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don’t have a problem engaging people on this site with opposing ideas. But, it is not worth the time and energy to sit and argue with posters who offer very little actual content. I enjoy jousting with you because, while you’re opinionated, you offer a lot in your arguments, and it forces me to examine my own arguments.

But there are posters who just don’t warrant that kind of energy. I see them as being one-note and predictable in a negative manner.

Again, you're totally, totally right.

Letting things go is something I have to work on in general, not just on here.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

I know you are but what am I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad