Prospect Info: The Adolescent 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
"if", lol.

The reality is that this team is bad, but likely not bad enough to finish last (barring injuries). We're probably looking at a 5-9 pick, or thereabouts. So unless we fluke out in the lottery, we're not getting Hughes
With the new percentages the team finishing lost also has to "fluke out" and retain the first overall pick..

There is no light in sight for Oilers though.. this is the team we will have. Even worse when Sekera returns

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
So, back to draft watching. I didn't think I'd be doing that this early, but here we are.

Really like what I've seen from Dach and Byram in limited viewings.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What's the scouting report on Connor McMichael?

Pretty awesome name btw, Kevin Quinn would have a stroke if he played for the Oilers :naughty:

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If Edmonton actually somehow lucked into Hughes, you go all in on a 3 year window with him and Bouchard on their ELCs.

Pulju, Yama, Next 3 firsts all available to gain cap space and bolster the lineup.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Edmonton actually somehow lucked into Hughes, you go all in on a 3 year window with him and Bouchard on their ELCs.

Pulju, Yama, Next 3 firsts all available to gain cap space and bolster the lineup.
Would only want Hughes on the team if he drops and we won the lotto at 2nd or 3rd.

Five 1st overalls to win a championship is pretty embarrassing. Almost feels like Kevin Durant joining Golden State

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
What's the scouting report on Connor McMichael?

Pretty awesome name btw, Kevin Quinn would have a stroke if he played for the Oilers :naughty:
Pure sniper that plays with Bouchard. Plays center, but could probably move to the wing.

Would be a good pickup at 31st :naughty:

Reactions: Zaddy

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Dach and Cozens are at the top of my wishlist.

If we dont finish bottom 10 and end up with a 10-15 pick instead then Lavoie/Krebs

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Like Barzal? I am very terrified.

Basically every worry scouts had about Barzal are showing up now that Tavares is gone. He's getting torched this year.

He's starting to look like all the other WHL forwards like RNH, Johansen, Patrick, etc. who are pretty good, but nothing special

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Dach and Cozens are at the top of my wishlist.

If we dont finish bottom 10 and end up with a 10-15 pick instead then Lavoie/Krebs
Zero chance krebs is available with a 10-15 pick.

Edit. Second thought he might be available, for some reason I got Dach and krebs backwards.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
This is definitely premature, but I would maybe keep an eye on Radek Koblizek. He plays in the FEL and while his stats don't show it at least yet he could be an interesting player by the end of the season. He's 21 and his progress has been slow at times, but he has looked promising at the end of the last season and recently. The start of this season was slow production-wise, but it looks like he's starting to get it now.

Yesterday in the decisive CHL quarter final game his FEL team (the reigning champion Kärpät) beat Zurich Lions, which is a quality team with plenty of players with NHL background, and Koblizek scored the tying goal and the winning one just a minute before the end. He brings attitude, speed and energy and if there was a draft right now I'd consider using one of the lowest picks for him just in case he keeps building from this.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This is definitely premature, but I would maybe keep an eye on Radek Koblizek. He plays in the FEL and while his stats don't show it at least yet he could be an interesting player by the end of the season. He's 21 and his progress has been slow at times, but he has looked promising at the end of the last season and recently. The start of this season was slow production-wise, but it looks like he's starting to get it now.

Yesterday in the decisive CHL quarter final game his FEL team (the reigning champion Kärpät) beat Zurich Lions, which is a quality team with plenty of players with NHL background, and Koblizek scored the tying goal and the winning one just a minute before the end. He brings attitude, speed and energy and if there was a draft right now I'd consider using one of the lowest picks for him just in case he keeps building from this.

That's the type of guy I'd be using my later picks on instead of guys like Brind'Amour and Siikanen.

Reactions: GameChanger

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
That's the type of guy I'd be using my later picks on instead of guys like Brind'Amour and Siikanen.

I forgot to mention he's a smallish guy, but from what I've seen he might be one of those cases where size doesn't matter :) It's very early, though, but I just wanted to mention the name as I believe there's much more promise in him than what the points show right now.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Raphael Lavoie would be the perfect pick for our team if we end up in the 10-15 range. 6'4 198, so he has size. Has one of, if not the best shot/goal scoring in the draft. Right handed, skates decently well, can play c or w, plays Ovi spot on pp. He would be perfect.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Raphael Lavoie would be the perfect pick for our team if we end up in the 10-15 range. 6'4 198, so he has size. Has one of, if not the best shot/goal scoring in the draft. Right handed, skates decently well, can play c or w, plays Ovi spot on pp. He would be perfect.

I like Lavoie but I'm growing on the other francophone Jakob Pellettier, he's a lot smaller but has game 15 goals in 23 gp so far and younger.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I've never watched Brett Leason play but his stats and size are impressive even for an overager. He's closer to being NHL ready. Also, a goal scorer. Definitely worth taking in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Pelletier and Leason with our first two picks, the Oilers are back in business.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I've never watched Brett Leason play but his stats and size are impressive even for an overager. He's closer to being NHL ready. Also, a goal scorer. Definitely worth taking in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Pelletier and Leason with our first two picks, the Oilers are back in business.

Yeah, Brett Leason is quite the story. It'll be interesting to see how he does at the World Junior camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad