Prospect Info: The Adolescent 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
When Jack Hughes enters league next year he might allready be the second best skater, while Kakko is a good skater there’s still a huge gap between them in that part of there games.

Hughes would be nowhere near the 2nd best skater man. His brother Quinn Hughes in his own family blows him away there. Kakko is that mix of IQ, size, skating,tenacity almost like a finnish Tkachuck with a higher ceiling and better skater

Who knows Kakko lights a fire under PoolPartys ass too if hes still here next season.

In my opinion Kakko might be one of the best prospects to come out of Finland in a long time. His ceiling is ridiculous.

The Perfect Winger in a perfect scenario in Edmonton

Last edited:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Yeah. Those would be my two choices with Turcotte the favorite.

I personally would stay far away from Podkolzin and Cozens.

Dach seems like a pretty safe pick considering his hockey IQ. Pretty hard to bust if you have hockey IQ.

Although this team probably doesnt need playmaking centers ... as much as other types of players but you still need to pick the best player. Although a RC wouldnt be too bad.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hughes would be nowhere near the 2nd best skater man. His brother Quinn Hughes in his own family blows him away there. Kakko is that mix of IQ, size, skating,tenacity almost like a finnish Tkachuck with a higher ceiling and better skater

Who knows Kakko lights a fire under PoolPartys ass too if hes still here next season.

In my opinion Kakko might be one of the best prospects to come out of Finland in a long time. His ceiling is ridiculous.

His puck protection reminds of Draisaitl when he's really on

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Should have traded JP during his second season. He has not shown anything. Stupid Oilers.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oilers have almost always hit with Finish Prospects, right the wrong with Kakko to make up for JP
I don't even worry about that kind of thing, take the best player, sometimes the player works out, sometimes they don't. I like Kakko, I think there's a lot of player there.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Puljujarvi was said to be the perfect winger for Edmonton too.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kakko's skating doesn't look like anything special to me. I do agree that he reminds me a bit of Tkachuk though. All being close to equal I'd take one of the Western Canadian kids over European's not named Kakko. We were so sure that we were taking the most skilled guy on the board in Puljujarvi and left a lot of prime North American talent on the table and so far it has bit us in the ass.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Agreed. Seeing Paajarvi, Yakupov and Puljujarvi do less than great here while our 1st round forwards from the CHL have all done well so far in recent years minus Yamamoto. Unless the player is an Ovechkin, Malkin or Dahlin level talent color me skeptical that he'll work out here as a high pick.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I see us finishing 6th last and one team about us winning a lotto spot.
So say the season ends today or similar except Rangers drop below us and Vancouver wins the lotto for 3rd pick. Picks end up as follows

1. Colorado- Hughes
2. LA- Kakko
3. Vancouver - Turcotte
4. Detroit - Podkolzin
5. New Jersey - Byram
6. Rangers - Dach

Who do you pick at 7? And why

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So say the season ends today or similar except Rangers drop below us and Vancouver wins the lotto for 3rd pick. Picks end up as follows

1. Colorado- Hughes
2. LA- Kakko
3. Vancouver - Turcotte
4. Detroit - Podkolzin
5. New Jersey - Byram
6. Rangers - Dach

Who do you pick at 7?

Krebs.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hilarious that if we trade guys like Rieder and CHaisson, it's actually possible some AHLers we replace them with could make us win more games. Dang it! Want to win the lottery again!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

1. Colorado- Hughes
2. LA- Kakko
3. Vancouver - Turcotte
4. Detroit - Podkolzin
5. New Jersey - Byram
6. Rangers - Dach

Cozens for me. Big, right handed, shoot first type player is exactly what this team needs. I like the idea of having multiple options at center or wing.

Reactions: McDoused

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t think we should avoid Kakko because Puljujaarvi hasn’t worked out. Just because they’re both Finnish doesn’t mean anything really, Finnish hockey is great.

Maybe Pulju works out some day, but I’m pretty sure he scored a tier below guys like Barkov, Kakko and Laine.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I see us picking #7 overall being a very realistic scenario. We catch one of the teams ahead of us and another one ahead of us lucks into a lottery pick. If we wind up drafting one of Cozens, Turcotte, Krebs, or Byram I'm very happy.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I haven't watched much of him, but I think I'd be pretty tempted to look at Victor Soderstrom if we're drafting in the 6-10 range.

Looks like he has a chance to be a legit #1D.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I haven't watched much of him, but I think I'd be pretty tempted to look at Victor Soderstrom if we're drafting in the 6-10 range.

Looks like he has a chance to be a legit #1D.
I don't see him going in that range. 12-15 probably. Not that he is bad, just other guys that are higher skill that'll be better picks.

Or trade down a couple spots to get him

Last edited:

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure

1. Colorado- Hughes
2. LA- Kakko
3. Vancouver - Turcotte
4. Detroit - Podkolzin
5. New Jersey - Byram
6. Rangers - Dach

You just had to add insult to injury and have the Nucks win the lottery!? :)

I like Krebs at that spot. I like his tenacity, hockey smarts and all around game.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad