Prospect Info: The Adolescent 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I want a sniper to play in the top 6. Every damn skill guy we have is pass first, get them a shooter with a laser!

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
I want a sniper to play in the top 6. Every damn skill guy we have is pass first, get them a shooter with a laser!

If we miss playoffs, we should somehow find our way to get Lavoie. He would be great winger for Draisaitl.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Have any Oil Kings turned into stars in the last decade? I'd like to stay away from them at this point purely based on that trend given the draft picks they've turned out.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Have any Oil Kings turned into stars in the last decade? I'd like to stay away from them at this point purely based on that trend given the draft picks they've turned out.
Stars no, Pysyk has been good, Jarry looks like he's earning his spot and Brossoit has done interestingly.

That's a fair point, but I'm sure these numbers are similar for most Junior teams, but those teams have more history.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Stars no, Pysyk has been good, Jarry looks like he's earning his spot and Brossoit has done interestingly.

That's a fair point, but I'm sure these numbers are similar for most Junior teams, but those teams have more history.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm aware that I'm probably being silly. It'd be interesting to see an analysis of all the NHL production of different Jr teams, but that's obviously a ton of work.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Im planning for 2020 at this pace. Come on down Alexis Lafreniere

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Hopefully Kaapo Kakko won't fall to Oilers.
I don't wanna see McLellan doing same for Kakko what he's doing to Puljujärvi.

He's gonna be a great or even pretty magical player but yeah the right team and the coach are gonna be important to him.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So who is this Jack Hughes guy? Is he any good? Will he enjoy being an Oiler?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Nice little battle between the WHL and OHL this year.

WHL:
Kirby Dach: 13 points in 7 games
Dylan Cozens: 11 points in 5 games

OHL:
Ryan Suzuki: 12 points in 5 games
Arthur Kaliyev: 10 points in 5 games

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
With Jack Hughes starting the season with 7 points in 4 games, he's now sitting at 1st all-time for points-per-game on the U18 USNTDP team.

1. Jack Hughes - 1.875
2. Patrick Kane - 1.759
3. Auston Matthews - 1.675
4. Clayton Keller - 1.667
5. Phil Kessel - 1.493

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It's a long ways away, but of the Oilers end up with a high pick Alex Newhook is my guy. Speed, skill, smarts, hustle. The complete package.

His goal at 6:39 is a pretty good example of what he's capable of. Give him 2-3 years and he'll be an impact player in the NHL. Has elite potential written all over him.

This looks to be a pretty strong draft though, especially for forwards so he's just one of many interesting names right now. Dach, Cozens, Suzuki, Turcotte, Podkolzin, Krebs, Cajkovic have gotten some good press too. Not to mention Hughes and Kakko who seem to be the consensus top1 and top2 respectively at the moment.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I asked in the prospects boards who the best snipers/goal scorers are in the draft.

Raphael Lavoie of the Halifax Mooseheads is a name everyone suggested.

@Oilers in NS or anyone else know much about him?

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
Kakko or Cozens would look unreal with Drai.

Seen Cozens more so will pump his tires- honestly his size, speed and ability to drive to the net is pretty unreal. Looks like a faster Rick Nash to me but with better playmaking.

He’s a scoring chance machine. Wont replace that #4 guy we had but some similarities to his style of play and ability to create scoring chances (though Hall was/is the much better finisher even back to his junior days)

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
Totally forgot about Podkolzin. Only watched him at Hlinka but oh my god was he phenomenal. Datsyuk like ability with the puck and his ability to keep the puck and come away with it in a crowd was Forsberg like.

Him and Drai would also look pretty lethal (assuming his play at Hlinka is indicative of the type of player he is)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I have Kaako ahead of Hughes for #1 overall. Unreal player.

Cozens and Podkolzin should be on our radar as well, assuming we miss the playoffs again.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
If we make the playoffs and get a lower pick, Connor McMichael should be the guy we're looking at. Pure sniper, very underrated.

Oh yeah, and great name too. :sarcasm:

Reactions: rambo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad