Movies: The 91st Academy Awards - GDT

Which film will win Best Picture tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Didnt know this until now, that's awesome!

I don't understand the Canadian media. They milked Sandra Oh's Emmy and Golden Globe success nonstop, but this has completely flown under the radar.

That's because actors always get the most attention because people suck. I wished we lived in a world where cinematographers and the likes were the ones invited to sets and talked about in the media. They're way more important to the actual creative process than actors. Yet we get PR cliches by sitcom idiots. I hate it.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Super happy that Green Book won. That was one hell of a movie.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Didnt know this until now, that's awesome!

I don't understand the Canadian media. They milked Sandra Oh's Emmy and Golden Globe success nonstop, but this has completely flown under the radar.

My favourite thing about Bao's media coverage is how, despite that short literally dripping with Canadiana, it is continually referred to as Asian-American.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Mexican artists (Inarritu, Cuaron, del Toro) have now won best director Oscars in five of the last six years. That's pretty damn impressive.

Reactions: NyQuil

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
When Spider-verse came to theatres, I never went in part because I was pretty busy at the time, but also because it sounded likely it wasn't really appropriate for my two boys (age 4 and 5). It seems like the more complex themes may be beyond them. However, the idea of going to see an animated superhero movie while leaving two superhero obsessed kids at home seemed wrong as well, and figured I'll catch up to it eventually.

The movies has popped back into the theatre nearly me. How much of a must-watch is this for theatre experience. The feedback on it only seems to have gotten stronger and stronger as I heard people discussing awards films leading to the Oscars.

Should I see this while I have the chance? What's the appropriateness for kids?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->