The 4th line

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He is more of a two way player then Verhaeghe who is struggling to keep in the line up

I don't think he's that much better than Verheaghe in his own zone, both players definitely cheat and look to break out rather than go down deep the help out. Just because he PK's some doesn't mean he's better defensively, he just is a scoring threat on the PK as he's very good shooting on the rush. I can't see how you can say Verheaghe is struggling to keep up? I didn't see the last game but the first two he was on the ice for several of our goals. Last game he had to play with Witkowski which will never make anybody look good.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I don't think he's that much better than Verheaghe in his own zone, both players definitely cheat and look to break out rather than go down deep the help out. Just because he PK's some doesn't mean he's better defensively, he just is a scoring threat on the PK as he's very good shooting on the rush. I can't see how you can say Verheaghe is struggling to keep up? I didn't see the last game but the first two he was on the ice for several of our goals. Last game he had to play with Witkowski which will never make anybody look good.

Verhaeghe is slow and is panicking with the puck.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Slow as far as speed? He doesn’t seem to know what to do a lot

Both lmao. Slow foot speed and slow decision making.

Staff are kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. The kid isn't good enough to play but he put up tons of points in the AHL and if we waive him someone WILL claim him and after a year or two he might "find" his game.

Reactions: Zwui21

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think he's slow. Average or so. As far decision-making... He's had 5 games. No point in losing him to waivers when, if the rest of the team would get its act together, we could bring him along slowly and see what we have.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Both lmao. Slow foot speed and slow decision making.

Staff are kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. The kid isn't good enough to play but he put up tons of points in the AHL and if we waive him someone WILL claim him and after a year or two he might "find" his game.

DFC said it, but, his skating doesn’t seem slow to me. Maybe compared to our fast guys. The rest I agree with.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Lumberjacks (LBJ, but non-political) works, as suggested in the GDT. Fits the chopping thing they do.

Realistically, maybe they just had Buffalo's number and will be split up soon. But I love the enthusiasm, particularly from Gourde, who obviously wouldn't be playing on a 4th line pretty much anywhere else in the league. But he's embraced the role, and they could wind up being a huge asset.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The Lumberjacks (LBJ, but non-political) works, as suggested in the GDT. Fits the chopping thing they do.

Realistically, maybe they just had Buffalo's number and will be split up soon. But I love the enthusiasm, particularly from Gourde, who obviously wouldn't be playing on a 4th line pretty much anywhere else in the league. But he's embraced the role, and they could wind up being a huge asset.
I doubt they will be split up anytime soon. Maroon was complete garbage until this line was formed

Reactions: DFC

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I doubt they will be split up anytime soon. Maroon was complete garbage until this line was formed

It's hard to tell if he was playing injured in the meantime or if it really is his linemates helping that much. Either way, I hope Cooper doesn't split them up any time soon. They not only look like they're having the time of their lives out there but they actually chop dat wood, carry dat water, whoop dat trick and pucks in deep effectively.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't say you didn't call it

I wouldn't have guessed Gourde.

It makes sense though. The other two guys both have a little bit of offense, and plenty of grind. Gourde has moderate offense and moderate grind. Having him there brings out the best of the other two, rather than having them play a strict heavy game, with nothing else.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I wouldn't have guessed Gourde.

It makes sense though. The other two guys both have a little bit of offense, and plenty of grind. Gourde has moderate offense and moderate grind. Having him there brings out the best of the other two, rather than having them play a strict heavy game, with nothing else.

It's also tremendously beneficial that Maroon and Paquette are best suited to generating scoring chances directly in front of the net and Gourde is arguably our best finisher from in close. Guy's got 57 career goals at probably the combined distance of 145 feet with probably 20 feet coming on that one time he scored on a slapshot. I love this line and I hope Cooper just keeps rolling with it. Gourde has just enough skill to grind and just enough skill to elevate Maroon and Paquette. If it wasn't such a cheesy name the "Goldilocks line/Gourdilocks line" would actually be well likened to explain their success. And given the fact that Gourde is prone to month-long scoring slumps, I'm hoping this is a combination that can provide him the consistency we are paying him for -especially when we need dirty goals for the playoffs

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Break Face Club
Umad
Wannafightaboutit
I’m Not Touching You
Stop Hitting Yourself
Hypocrite Pest Control

just trying some more names out

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Didn’t expect much and was surprised Gourde was added to this line, but did it ever work in Sweden!! :eek:

I like Pest Control as a name for their line, except that they ARE the Pests. :laugh:

Hope they stick together for a while.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Didn’t expect much and was surprised Gourde was added to this line, but did it ever work in Sweden!! :eek:

I like Pest Control as a name for their line, except that they ARE the Pests. :laugh:

Hope they stick together for a while.
Hence, "Hypocrite"

edit: bolded
another edit: i.e. I bolded what I was responding to, and sorry if the response seems rude

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I like seeing this too, his buy-in on that 4th line has rejuvenated his own play as well.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad