Boston Bruins The 4th Line Dilemma

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
so far, i'm not impressed with Heinen. j.a.g. best case.

i certainly hope Bruce keeps rotating guys in and out for the foreseeable future. if Frankie V. can ever figure out defensive positioning (more dubious by the year of course) then he should never fall completely out of the rotation.

if Bruce goes with the Claude-style 'we winned and therefore nothing can change until we lose 8 in a row' approach i'll go bald faster. i'd say gray but i'm already there.

but yeah, soft spot for Frankie.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
so far, i'm not impressed with Heinen. j.a.g. best case.

i certainly hope Bruce keeps rotating guys in and out for the foreseeable future. if Frankie V. can ever figure out defensive positioning (more dubious by the year of course) then he should never fall completely out of the rotation.

if Bruce goes with the Claude-style 'we winned and therefore nothing can change until we lose 8 in a row' approach i'll go bald faster. i'd say gray but i'm already there.

but yeah, soft spot for Frankie.

So, what about Heinen hasn’t “impressed” you, specifically?

Is it just a general feeling based on the eyeball test, or something you can actually quantify? Only two games, which is a small sample size, but for someone getting 4th line minutes and spot PP time, he appears to be doing pretty well.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So, what about Heinen hasn’t “impressed” you, specifically?

Is it just a general feeling based on the eyeball test, or something you can actually quantify? Only two games, which is a small sample size, but for someone getting 4th line minutes and spot PP time, he appears to be doing pretty well.

I've been at work the past 2 games so I've been in an out of being able to fully watch. 3 points in 2 games looks good. From when I've been able to catch him on the ice, he's looked good to me but I certainly can't give a full assessment. Curious your take on him? (Since your one of the posters here who i enjoy reading lol)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Belekey Spooner is the new 4th line.....bc a 3rd line scores some points.... How many do Spooner Beleskey Vatrano have no far?

Replace this line with Agostini JFK Cehralik

Leave the point producing Kuraly Heinen Schaller line alone (labelled as 3rd or 4th line, doesn't matter)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Fine, but let me know when those three do anything noteworthy. Kuraly I do like in the small flashes we've seen. He still needs to do more.
like what?

He is a 3rd/4th line player that is playing very well. If he can put up points, gravy

otherwise the pressure on both ends is making an impact

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Heinen has been good since he came up. I think he stays in the lineup when Bergeron and backed come back. I think he'll end up being on a line with Kuraly and Backes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
One could argue the 4th line has been the best line in recent games. Watching last night`s tilt, loved Heinen`s quietly efficient game

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
So far this year in my opinion Kuraly and Schaller have proven to be solid bottom six guys. Kuraly is often around the puck and Schaller is better at skating up the ice with the puck than I remember. Czarnik is active and engaged in the play and doesn't shy away from contact. Vatrano I just don't see room for if he isn't scoring, and so far he isn't scoring.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yeah this 4th line has a nice mix and had really impressed. I'd probably consider Spooners line the 4th at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->