The 48ers

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Compher and Jost only showed up at the very end of the nightmare season. I still think those two, plus Kerfoot, were a big part of turning the locker room culture around the next year. Young, sure, but all former captains of junior/college teams and natural character guys. Turning the leadership page over to that group was probably an underrated part of how we turned it around so quickly and didn't let the losing culture creep in.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Some recognition for the guys who endured the nightmare 48 point season of 2016-17 to make the transition to the President’s Trophy. Particularly Gabriel Landeskog who asked to stay and be part of the turnaround.

Gabriel Landeskog
Nathan MacKinnon
Mikko Rantanen
Eric Johnson
JT Compher
Tyson Jost
Carl Soderberg

What about Bednar and Sakic, they deserves recognition too

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Some recognition for the guys who endured the nightmare 48 point season of 2016-17 to make the transition to the President’s Trophy. Particularly Gabriel Landeskog who asked to stay and be part of the turnaround.

Gabriel Landeskog
Nathan MacKinnon
Mikko Rantanen
Eric Johnson
JT Compher
Tyson Jost
Carl Soderberg
Landeskog - 6'1, 215
MacKinnon - 6'0, 200
Rantanen - 6'4, 215
Johnson - 6'4, 225
Soderberg - 6'3, 210

You ****ing size queen. No wonder this team is where it is now.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Very cool thread! My finest compliments and congrats to the guys who saw it through. Very proud these guys are Avs.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Compher and Jost only showed up at the very end of the nightmare season. I still think those two, plus Kerfoot, were a big part of turning the locker room culture around the next year. Young, sure, but all former captains of junior/college teams and natural character guys. Turning the leadership page over to that group was probably an underrated part of how we turned it around so quickly and didn't let the losing culture creep in.
Jost has not had an easy four years. He’s had to work to become the cog on this team he was this season.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Did Landeskog come out after that season and say he wanted to stay?
I don't think there were actually printed quotes, that I know of, but it was rumored that after his name came up in trade talks, he went to Joe and said that he wanted to see it through and help be part of the turn around, and that's why Joe didn't trade him

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'll give it up for Matt Duchene. He built this team.
Talk about,an overnight change. I remember getting the alert on my phone that night. I remember shit like rumors for a straight up with Phaneuf and Garth Snow trying to strong arm a deal.

Battle of Midway for this team.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Talk about,an overnight change. I remember getting the alert on my phone that night. I remember shit like rumors for a straight up with Phaneuf and Garth Snow trying to strong arm a deal.

Battle of Midway for this team.

Garth Snow tryin' to strongarm Joe Sakic. Hah...I would've loved to have been in the room during those conversations.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That team looked every bit as bad as that record indicated. They went out of their way to lose games--at least that's sure how it felt. I still shudder remembering Tyson Barrie haplessly trying to move up the ice with the slow-ass forwards in front of him providing no room to maneuver whatsoever.

It seriously felt like this.
DistantImpeccableJellyfish-size_restricted.gif

I thought enduring that 11-win season by the Denver Nuggets was the nadir for my Colorado sports fandom. Nope. This was the f***ing worst. Thank the Hockey Gods it all ended with the Avs losing the lottery and getting Cale Makar.

That almost makes it all worth it. Almost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad