The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Which of these D gets the most TOI this year (total minutes played in the NHL)?

• Arber "War" Xhekaj

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jordan "Famine" Harris

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Kaiden "Conquest" Guhle

Votes: 114 90.5%
  • Justin "Death" Barron

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
As we prepare for another throwaway season, I find myself completely uninterested in winning actual hockey games, but somehow super excited to gradually see the answer to some fascinating questions revealed.

Will any of the promising prospects dethrone Connor Bedard?
Will HuGo pull out another surprise trade?
Will any of our deadwood vets play well enough to get himself traded to a contender at the deadline?
Will Kirby Dach start putting points on the board?

The most critical for the future of this franchise though:

Will our rookie defensemen cement themselves as NHL players and become part of this team's core for the next 10 years? Or will history repeat itself as they have more in common with Brook, Juulsen and Tinordi than Lapointe, Robinson and Savard?

Obvious answer is Guhle - he is solid out there and could get top 4 minutes all year and never look back.
My dark horse is Harris - such a smart player with a great attitude - I think he could improve quickly and be relied on more and more as the season progresses.
Would like to see a Xhekaj / Harris third pairing actually - complementary styles. Hopefully the Sheriff becomes a fixture on our 3rd pairing this year and even gets some PP2 time.
As for Barron, I see his upside as similar to Jeff Petry - could take a few years to improve his decision making and learn how to use his skating abilities at the NHL level. Worst case scenario he can become a kind of Kulak for us - 7th D that can skate and provide a bit of offense.

What do you think?

Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg

Reactions: Kojo and A Markov

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
3 Horsemen. Drouin fell off his horse and missed the apocalypse.
I got attacked for saying what I felt about Drouin in October-November-December of 2017 shortly after we acquired Drouin. For the people who fought me on it when I brought up the history in Tampa, I just want to say I told you so.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I voted Harris, but I think Guhle will also log a lot of minutes. Both will be learning quite a bit on the fly, and they both seem to be able to contribute and not look out of place at the NHL level.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I think Guhle will start out with the most minutes. I think Harris develops and by game 30-40 Harris will be in the lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad