• Poll closed .

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The first poll was "best" 2019 so one could argue history is less important than record, but I would still argue record tells you something (at least for managers not trending hard downward like Mourinho).

I feel a bit bad criticising someone for making polls (I appreciate the effort), but even if I expect voting to be extremely recent history biased (like it is when voting on the best head coach in the NHL) I was expecting the candidates to be better balanced.

Benitez is not a sexy name, but he clearly deserves to be on that list. The same with Allegri. There are others as well, but those are not as obvious as I appreciate none of us on here are really capable of judging all managers across all leagues (who would be?).

Not sure if it influences this round though. I love ten Hag, but can he replicate that one year? I hope so, but voting for him is basically a romantic vote at this point - hoping he really is that good. Might as well have included Potter. Conte is an annoying man (at least he was in England - he might be less annoying in Italian - apparently AVB is charming in Portuguese - he certainly isn´t when speaking English), but I don´t see how one can vote passed him. Even if Deschamps is proven as well. Pochettino and Simeone like ten Hag would have to be successful for longer or at another club to be considered just yet for me.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Klopp shouldn’t have been awarded 2nd but given the OP I see why he wanted to ensure his guy was handed the spot.

Lots of interesting options. I went with Conte because he has had success at multiple places.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Klopp shouldn’t have been awarded 2nd but given the OP I see why he wanted to ensure his guy was handed the spot.

Lots of interesting options. I went with Conte because he has had success at multiple places.

Okay Baxterman.

He was given that spot because nobody voted for anyone else in the other poll.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Okay Baxterman.

He was given that spot because nobody voted for anyone else in the other poll.

Not sure what Baxterman has to do with anything but ok.

And that was because Pep was such a clear cut choice for Number 1 that anyone with a brain voted for him while Liverpool homers voted for Klopp.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

No one else received a vote besides Pep and Klopp. This isn’t rocket science

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad