The 2nd All Encompassing World Juniors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I was just saying it tongue in cheek. I think he's more skilled than Moreau but I do see the similarities in skating stride.

Totally get it. Moreau was a very gifted junior though. Goal scorer, points and tough. I actually see a lot of comparison with Holloway who, like Moreau, might not have the high skill finish at elite NHL level but a leadership game built on elite skating and aggression. Wish he had Messier's shot!!!!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Gotta say the refs have been super bias towards Canada all tourney.

i don’t think the refs have done the Russian’s any favours today. But their players really haven’t shown much either. Canada has smothered them. Got up early and Levi gave them no hope.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Hopefully the late game is closer. Would like to see Canada play the US, but still have to cheer for the Finns.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Totally get it. Moreau was a very gifted junior though. Goal scorer, points and tough. I actually see a lot of comparison with Holloway who, like Moreau, might not have the high skill finish at elite NHL level but a leadership game built on elite skating and aggression. Wish he had Messier's shot!!!!

Holloway has a very good shot actually. It's the puck handling that holds him back from being a high end point getter.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Holloway has a very good shot actually. It's the puck handling that holds him back from being a high end point getter.

His shot is okay. Not really accurate. Puck handling is scrambly. Gonna be a great energy player, I still think second line winger. Ethan Moreau was one of my favourite Oilers for a long time so when I comp him to Holloway it's a compliment not a knock. Holloway will be an Oiler sooner than later. We'll have to see how the finesse and finishing elements of his game grow.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
No goal but yeah Holloway did look like he was chasing it a bit.
If you watch their other PKs it appears that they have one forward that stands pretty stationary in the high slot, probably to take away the cross ice pass, and they have another that skates miles covering the outer edge and the points.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
tenor.gif

Still waiting for Canada to be tested this tournament.

Finland: W 4-1
Czech Republic: W 3-0
Russia: W 5-0

tenor.gif

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I hope the Yanks win tonight. I think they'll be much less ready to play against Canada, and I think the Canadians will be more willing to get up to play them hard.

Plus I think it'd be nice to get the schadenfreude on a few of the Finnish posters in the mains.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Really curious to see how high Beniers goes in the draft. Impossible not to love the way he plays the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->