The 25th Best Player In NHL History

Who's the 25th best player in NHL history?

• Total voters

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Best Players in NHL history (according to previous poll results):

1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Bobby Orr
4. Gordie Howe
5. Jaromir Jagr
6. Sidney Crosby
7. Dominik Hasek
8. Alexander Ovechkin
9. Jean Beliveau
10. Bobby Hull
11. Maurice Richard
12. Nicklas Lidstrom
13. Patrick Roy
14. Ray Bourque
15. Doug Harvey
16. Mark Messier
17. Phil Esposito
18. Guy Lafleur
19. Martin Brodeur
20. Joe Sakic
21. Steve Yzerman
22. Evgeni Malkin
23. Peter Forsberg
24. Stan Mikita​

To be added:

Bill Cook
Dickie Moore
Bill Durnan
Bernie Geoffrion

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Outside of the top 5 this is just a terrible list.
It went off the rails at #5. Jagr is not the 5th best player of all time; probably not even top 10 (I'd have Hull, Beliveau, Richard, Harvey and Crosby ahead of him, at the least). Meanwhile, Morenz and Shore aren't even on the list yet.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
It went off the rails at #5. Jagr is not the 5th best player of all time; probably not even top 10 (I'd have Hull, Beliveau, Richard, Harvey and Crosby ahead of him, at the least). Meanwhile, Morenz and Shore aren't even on the list yet.
What?! Jagr is clearly a good choice for number 5. 2nd in all time Points, 3rd in all time goals so he's got the durability and the longevity. 5 Art Ross trophies so he's got a better peak than almost anybody. Keep in mind that this was a time when the League had probably the highest top talent level ever. Lost a few Hart trophies because he wasn't likeable in his younger days according to some. Won the cup twice and went to the finals another time. 5th all time in playoff Points, the only non 80s Oiler player to score over 200 playoff Points. So he's got the playoff resume.

Never led the League in goals, but that was because he was up against several of the best goal scorers of all time like Selanne, Bure and Lemieux. Has a legendary personal Life as well by growing one of the best mullets ever, developing a gambling addiction that led him into severe Money troubles and in his later years he was still picking up hot bikini models half his age. Lets see Crosby and Company compete with that!

Reactions: psycat

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Clicked Schmidt instead of Morenz by accident. This list is pretty strange.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
What?! Jagr is clearly a good choice for number 5. 2nd in all time Points, 3rd in all time goals so he's got the durability and the longevity. 5 Art Ross trophies so he's got a better peak than almost anybody. Keep in mind that this was a time when the League had probably the highest top talent level ever. Lost a few Hart trophies because he wasn't likeable in his younger days according to some. Won the cup twice and went to the finals another time. 5th all time in playoff Points, the only non 80s Oiler player to score over 200 playoff Points. So he's got the playoff resume.

Never led the League in goals, but that was because he was up against several of the best goal scorers of all time like Selanne, Bure and Lemieux. Has a legendary personal Life as well by growing one of the best mullets ever, developing a gambling addiction that led him into severe Money troubles and in his later years he was still picking up hot bikini models half his age. Lets see Crosby and Company compete with that!
I should probably know better than to criticize Jagr in front a guy named “mulletman”.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
All good-ole-canadians!

Reactions: Dingo

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I should probably know better than to criticize Jagr in front a guy named “mulletman”.

Well I mean he is not wrong, Jagr as 5th is actually pretty reasonable, Crosby on the other hand is a glorified dime a dozen superstar with 2 Art Ross and some team success, no all-time great peak either of course. The fact that he is 6th is pretty alarming but I suppose there are even more problematic things with this list.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
To be fair, the title states "best" and not greatest, meaning votes on ability and talent rather than achievements are justified

But in that case Forsberg should be top 10 easily so people don’t seem to understand what ”best” means.

And Sakic being ahead of Forsberg is the biggest joke on the list considering the title. Here’s how the people who actually know look at it: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/forsberg-vs-sakic.2561279/#post-151370533

Yep, Forsberg in a landslide over Sakic.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad