The 24th Best Player In NHL History

Who's the 24th best player in NHL history?

• Total voters

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Bossy: 15 votes
Trottier: 0
Potvin: 2

Christ this is a cluster**** (edited to reflect current totals)
Yeah, but the "concentration-of-fire" principle might be in play here.

I've heard a rumor that shortly after this vote, The Secret Society of Sticks Fans will again convene. Entrants will be ushered in after the sounding of the Dreimalige Akkord. At that time, they will decide whether to support the next guy in line, the other guy in line, or maybe throw out a token vote to Morenz or somebody in order to throw suspicion off their trail.

Look to the skies- and watch for that puff of white smoke.:DD

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
Yeah, but the "concentration-of-fire" principle might be in play here.

I've heard a rumor that shortly after this vote, The Secret Society of Sticks Fans will again convene. Entrants will be ushered in after the sounding of the Dreimalige Akkord. At that time, they will decide whether to support the next guy in line, the other guy in line, or maybe throw out a token vote to Morenz or somebody in order to throw suspicion off their trail.

Look to the skies- and watch for that puff of white smoke.:DD
what the f***?

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Went with Mikita in absence of E. "Petey" Pettersson as a voting alternative.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Considering the last five players voted in were Forsberg, Malkin, Yzerman, Sakic and Brodeur (all current or recent players), I just want to know if voters in general don't know too much about older players that have been options or think that older players are generally inferior to more recent ones. If you think older players don't measure up, don't be shy to state that. This project is partially to compare the perception of hockey history of main board users to that of people who are really into hockey history.

The History of Hockey board is full of homers and people holding onto nostalgia until their dying breath. Apparently every forward before the 90's played 2 way hockey to the likes of Sergei Federov

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Time for the man with all the Cups!
Then a goalie that logged an insane number of shutouts.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The History of Hockey board is full of homers and people holding onto nostalgia until their dying breath. Apparently every forward before the 90's played 2 way hockey to the likes of Sergei Federov

And this board is full of Homers and people who think that every player who played after 1990 is conditioned into the perfect human and has no physiological equal in the generations of previous hockey players. Apparently someone flipped a switch and started pumping out NHL androids....

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Lol such a joke bossy and Mikita aren’t on the list it’s a good thing both of them are leading this poll.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
McDavid being in the poll makes this officially..... horrible.

Not a big deal unlesss he gets voted right now in the top 50.

He’s clearly going to be barring serious injury a top 20 player of all time. I mean that’s just the way it’s heading it seems.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Bobby Clarke has 3 Harts, 2 Cups, and a Selke (would have been at least 3 if the award existed in his prime) but somehow can't crack the top 25? He's after Forsberg, Sakic, and Yzerman? How is that even possible?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad