GDT: The 2020 NCAA Football Thread

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Michigan tried like hell to give Rutgers the victory but Rutgers showed why they are Rutgers.

That playcalling in OT1 was truly pathetic. Either go for the throat and go downfield or hand the ball up the middle 3 times and make it an easier FG, don't do whatever the hell that was. They deserved to lose after that clownshow, especially considering the great playcall to start OT2 (why not f***ing do that in OT1 and win the damn game?).

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Is this on ESPN or Spectrum? Living in the past, they are.
23D3293F-66B6-48F9-867E-B658152CD85E.jpeg

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He’s not wrong.

Clemson had a player with symptoms and let him practice. He then flew with the team and was discovered to have tested positive on landing. Clemson saw no need to be concerned with a positive player practicing all week.

FSU was right here.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think Mason mostly won with Franklin's players/recruits but the guy did take the Commodores to a couple of bowl appearances and even beat Tennessee 3 years in a row, which I think was a first for Vanderbilt.

Point is, in a 2012 type season (a win in the Music City Bowl and a win against Tennessee) would be more than satisfying for that fan base, and in any power 5 conference that is saying a lot.

Reactions: DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Tbh Vandy, Kansas, Duke, and a couple of others should be avoided by any coach who wants to be successful. Sure Spurrier and the Penn St coach may disagree but they are outliners.

The difficulty is you have two options:

Gamble on a young promising coach who either does well and jumps at a bigger job (Spurrier, Franklin) or does poorly and gets fired.

Go for a nontraditional or "gimmick" choice. This is where Wake Forest has been successful with Grobe and Clawson by using different offensive schemes to help hide the recruiting differences.

If I'm at Vandy, I'm looking at Troy Calhoun first.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Vandy should look at all 3 service academy coaches. They're the only team in the SEC I think that could make the option work for them. They're never going to recruit better than the bottom 3rd of their conference so they don't have to worry about how top recruits would perceive an option team.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
For a moment here I thought you guys were talking about Frank Beamer and I thought "Geez, how bad is this search going that a 75 year old man out of coaching for 5 years now is a candidate?".

Shane Beamer kind of strikes me as a Chad Morris type I guess. Good coordinator and recruiter but questionable as the head coach of a major program.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
For a moment here I thought you guys were talking about Frank Beamer and I thought "Geez, how bad is this search going that a 75 year old man out of coaching for 5 years now is a candidate?".

Shane Beamer kind of strikes me as a Chad Morris type I guess. Good coordinator and recruiter but questionable as the head coach of a major program.
The thing is that Shane literally has no head coaching and coordinator experience, and the South Carolina fanbase actually thinks that's a good thing because Muschamp had experience so now that's bad a thing to them unless you're Urban Meyer, and because you recruited a few good players in your limited time there and that you're a mainly position coach being named to head coach, you're automatically Dabo Swinney. Literally such a stupid fanbase, they absolutely deserve barely being .500 all-time.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

Until you said it wasn’t Frank Beamer, I assumed it was.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
BYU/Coastal Carolina game of the year.
It's actually hilarious South Carolina is going to let Chadwell escape from their own backyard to hire some nobody like Shane Beamer, who literally would be even more of a nobody without his dad. To go from hiring two HoF coaches then hiring Muschamp then a nobody like Beamer, what a fall for a clown school. They're about to get beat by 4 or 5 TDs by a 3-6 Kentucky team and are like... Shane Beamer is the answer!! LMAO. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->