News Article: The 2020 Forwards.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Leafs forward stars need to shine, but balance sought by Dubas could be a benefit | Toronto Sun

Same solid core,some added grit and leadership. This forward group is full of 1 year contracts. The revolving door of cap management doesn’t seem to have downgraded our forwards. Likely a very fluid group go forward in terms of cap management. Looking at the group makes me wonder how long it will take to get the right players in the system to play a more balanced top 6 Bottom 6 style going forward.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It doesn’t look like either the Ahl or Ohl will be a go. Robertson, Sandin and Liljigren are goung to be taking a huge hit to their development if they can’t get them in games this year.
Robertson has a chance to play but I’m of the thinking he should be playing top 6 to start. Minimum third line minutes are needed for Robertson nonetheless

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It doesn’t look like either the Ahl or Ohl will be a go. Robertson, Sandin and Liljigren are goung to be taking a huge hit to their development if they can’t get them in games this year.
Robertson has a chance to play but I’m of the thinking he should be playing top 6 to start. Minimum third line minutes are needed for Robertson nonetheless

If they don't make the team, they will be shipped off to Europe hopefully.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Just as with the blueline and in net, the forward group is also deeper now. There's been a fair amount of turnover as well. Not entirely certain of the opening night lineup here either unless cap or roster constraints moves someone down or out. I suppose Mikheyev is the wild card in determining whether that top six/bottom six divide could be better established. I could understand not wanting to take away too much from Kerfoot's role though. There should be flexibility in enough places to move players higher and lower in the lineup when needed.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Not as much as CHL undrafted players will.

I wonder if the Leafs will create their own bubble and bring all their prospects into it. both junior players and minor leaguers?

Leafs will not be disadvantaged as much as some tier 2 and 3 level NHL clubs.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Not as much as CHL undrafted players will.

I wonder if the Leafs will create their own bubble and bring all their prospects into it. both junior players and minor leaguers?

Leafs will not be disadvantaged as much as some tier 2 and 3 level NHL clubs.
Great idea. Have their own prospects cup or something

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Just as with the blueline and in net, the forward group is also deeper now. There's been a fair amount of turnover as well. Not entirely certain of the opening night lineup here either unless cap or roster constraints moves someone down or out. I suppose Mikheyev is the wild card in determining whether that top six/bottom six divide could be better established. I could understand not wanting to take away too much from Kerfoot's role though. There should be flexibility in enough places to move players higher and lower in the lineup when needed.
Deeper with defensive bottom 6 players.mostly but thats what we. Need. Be nice to draft our own I’m thinking.

Reactions: Buds17

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Thornton and Simmonds could possible be used top 9 and both see there seasons improve over last season significantly. They might see powerplay time also because both can add net front presence and Thornton gives a extra face off guy. Going to be-a interest camp at forward also. Keefe could move Hyman down to a energy 3rd line if he wants to spread it out top 6 botton 6 properly

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Deeper with defensive bottom 6 players.mostly but thats what we. Need. Be nice to draft our own I’m thinking.

I hear you. I like the idea of two-way players interspersed throughout the lineup though. Easier said than done, I know.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Pretty pumped to see where the chips fall. I personally think other then the big 4, the other 2 top 6 spots should be up for grabs. Although I can’t see any of the other guys being a better fit then Hyman in the top 6, we’ll see!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Pretty pumped to see where the chips fall. I personally think other then the big 4, the other 2 top 6 spots should be up for grabs. Although I can’t see any of the other guys being a better fit then Hyman in the top 6, we’ll see!
I was wondering if Hyman moves down to the bottom 6 actually. Could he produce goals in that position. Would he be alienated by it. Is Robertson going to play so good he earns one of the two spots. Would the team be better served compete wise to have Hyman and players same style grinding down teams on the 3rd line.
The style change and the competition and whatever makes us the harder team to play should decide where Hyman plays i believe. If his production slips because moving down would he be a distraction and be mad. Lots to think about there and also that he will be a Ufa following this year. I believe he is a team player and would do what asked actually. Be interest nonetheless

Reactions: glue

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I love what Robertson potentially brings, however, I think that if he doesn't get a starting role in the top 9, then he should play overseas. There's no point in keeping him in the pressbox when he needs playing time.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Nylander
Vesey Kerfoot Simmonds
Robertson Thornton Barabanov
Spezza

Call up: Engvall

Wonder if this line could be our Goodrow Gourde Coleman line.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad