Speculation: The 2020 Draft Thread: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
From a German paper:

Ottawa probably won't miss Marco," said father Michael Rossi, who believes the city's son-in-law will move from the 67s junior team to the Senators in the NHL. "Manager Pierre Dorion had an entire grandstand shut down for his scouts at Marco's games. There have been several good conversations with the club. The Senators could be an advantage because Marco is already familiar with the environment." Anaheim would also be interested, New Jersey might have turned a blind eye to a defender.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yes, it's hard to believe that Rossi will get to #8, but if one of Raymond and Lundell is there, then I'm fine with that.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Jake Bielecki

Jul 5, 2020
Crazy that Ottawa will probably end up with Rossi, especially when you consider that the Ottawa rebuild looks like it's in fast forward compared to ours. They have size and speed all over the ice. And we have, well, we have Eichel. Incredible

Reactions: brian_griffin

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Give me the guy who has the best combination of skating/scoring ability in the top 8 that is left at our pick. We have enough slow skating playmakers on this team.
There will only be one guy available in the top 8 at our pick

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Hot Take: Teams are going to pass on Alexander Holtz for perceived deficiencies and he's going to turn out to be the next Bossy. The Sabres are going to kick themselves for selecting Dylan Holloway #8 who becomes a solid 15-20 goal scorer when Holtz is picked #9 and soars to superstardom. This kid has all the tools and the motivation. All he needs is a little time to develop. It will be like taking Reinhart instead of Draisaitl.

Jake Bielecki

Jul 5, 2020
I don't understand Raymond over Holtz, but heck, get me either one I suppose. Assuming Rossi is gone.

Maybe Jarvis, we need speed, reminds me of Marner. Heck, the more I watch him, I love the guys speed. And it's speed with the puck. Elite

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He scores a lot
And that’s all, and he scores from uncomfortable positions, in NHL maybe it won’t work, and he probably does not have enough brains to score from better positions. Raymond just seems to me a more versatile and intelligent player, and Holtz seems like a wild card with his strange shot.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
And that’s all, and he scores from uncomfortable positions, in NHL maybe it won’t work, and he probably does not have enough brains to score from better positions. Raymond just seems to me a more versatile and intelligent player, and Holtz seems like a wild card with his strange shot.
Agreed, but I can see the allure of Holtz. And I cant help but think their labels are a little exaggerated. At times Raymond almost gets painted as this flawless 2-way player, and Holtz as really as unintelligent and bad defensively. Raymond could still have the edge but I dont know if its so cut and dry.

Reactions: Jake Bielecki

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Agreed, but I can see the allure of Holtz. And I cant help but think their labels are a little exaggerated. At times Raymond almost gets painted as this flawless 2-way player, and Holtz as really as unintelligent and bad defensively. Raymond could still have the edge but I dont know if its so cut and dry.
Again, they are players of different types, it’s just that Raymond has more versatility and higher IQ. Of course, Holtz's shot will surely work on PP, but in ES he can be a pretty controversial player. We also already have Olofsson for PP1 and I would like to lock him for a long time, but we don’t have a player like Raymond on the wing, and this is more of a bonus, and not the case when I do not want Holtz, because we already have there is Olofsson.

I take either of them before Lundell or Perfetti, easily.
I wouldn’t, I really like Lundell and what I read about him recently, not only does he really seem to be a safe choice, he seems to have a rather high ceiling, his IQ and two-way game are already impressive. Holtz and Perfetti are for me two question marks with their warts so far, but I will still think and study more.

Rossi, Raymond, Lundell and Jarvis so far included in my list of favorites.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think the only forward rumored around the top 10 I'd be upset with them taking would be Quinn.

Jake Bielecki

Jul 5, 2020
You could make an argument that Seth Jarvis is the most underrated kid in this draft.

Why is he not in everybody's top 10?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
You could make an argument that Seth Jarvis is the most underrated kid in this draft.

I have Jarvis in the top 10, for some it is #11, maybe some people are confused by its size and its production, which has grown too much many times.

This guy has Jarvis #11, Raymond and Lundell in the top 5, there are quite detailed reports.
2020 NHL Draft Rankings: Final Top 31

Jake Bielecki

Jul 5, 2020
I just think most of these lists after the first few are far from scientific. Honestly, I'm not even enamored with Byfield.

I'd take Jarvis for example over Raymond Holtz Lundell Quinn and wouldn't bat an eye.

From the little I've seen at least.

Efectzoer

Jun 22, 2018
Hot Take: Teams are going to pass on Alexander Holtz for perceived deficiencies and he's going to turn out to be the next Bossy. The Sabres are going to kick themselves for selecting Dylan Holloway #8 who becomes a solid 15-20 goal scorer when Holtz is picked #9 and soars to superstardom. This kid has all the tools and the motivation. All he needs is a little time to develop. It will be like taking Reinhart instead of Draisaitl.
Holloway at 8 would be a disaster.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

It was said in one mock not sure which one that if Jarvis had a first half like he did his second half he would be a top 5 pick.Very underrated player

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I just think most of these lists after the first few are far from scientific. Honestly, I'm not even enamored with Byfield.

I'd take Jarvis for example over Raymond Holtz Lundell Quinn and wouldn't bat an eye.

From the little I've seen at least.
I like Jarvis as well and would be fine if we took him. Only hesitation would be his pre-draft-year production. It wasn't bad but not as good as some of the other guys, which typically translates well. Doesnt guarantee anything but when guys have been at the top for a few years its easier to tell if they're the real deal.

I think he'll get passed on by a few teams that definitely regret it down the road

Efectzoer

Jun 22, 2018
I like Jarvis as well and would be fine if we took him. Only hesitation would be his pre-draft-year production. It wasn't bad but not as good as some of the other guys, which typically translates well. Doesnt guarantee anything but when guys have been at the top for a few years its easier to tell if they're the real deal.

I think he'll get passed on by a few teams that definitely regret it down the road
I think there will be safer options at 8 instead of Jarvis. I like Jarvis a lot but a LOT of his play seems to be off of the rush.

buffalorules

Apr 29, 2011
What do people think of drafting Ryan O’Rourke if he’s available with our second pick?? Haven’t seen his name a lot on this thread

Jake Bielecki

Jul 5, 2020
I think there will be safer options at 8 instead of Jarvis. I like Jarvis a lot but a LOT of his play seems to be off of the rush.
His speed makes him get opportunities as well as preventing opportunities with his defense.

There is no more valuable tool than speed. Combine that with smarts and you have a dangerous player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad