Speculation: The 2020 Draft Thread: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
What position do we target with our 1st? I would like to see a big strong power forward type winger. We are set on D, we have used 2 of the last 3 1sts on top 6 center prospects and 2 of our 3 1st round picks the last 2 drafts were on D.

With Dahlin, Johnson and Samuelsson being top 32 picks the past 2 years and using 2 top 8 picks on centers within the last 3 drafts then a goal scoring winger is our biggest need. Hopefully one with size, strength and good skating ability to play on the 2nd line with Cozens.

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart
Olofsson-Cozens-2020 1st

Looks good to me long term. It would be a nice add to get a winger with some snarl. And hopefully it turns out better then the Zack Kassian pick.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Byfield is a horse--still raw but has a ton of attributes the Sabres lack.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I think Byfield could legitimately climb up to the #1 spot over Lafreniere. Kid is an absolute beast of a scoring physical specimen. I know it's not fair to liken him to Lindros, but I can't help it. It's a scary thought...a faster, more skilled Lindros without the mean streak that kept him in the box a lot of the time. Would absolutely love to have him, but we won't be in the mix.

Reactions: Franson

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

If we miss the playoffs this year, I'd be over the flipping moon if we won a lottery pick and drafted Byfield (would likely need #2, maybe even #1 to assure we could nab him). For a guy Byfield's size to be able to skate like he does is just unfair. And then you add in the puck skill/smart. Plus, it seems like he's become more physically assertive this year. Just a dreamy package of attributes and tools for a center.

Imagine a future top 6 of:
Skinner-Eichel-Cozens
Olofsson-Byfield-Reinhart

It's like a video game line-up. Each line has a high-end playmaker, a high-end finisher, and a big, fast guy.

Reactions: Franson and Reddawg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

There hasn’t been a power center of his ilk sense Lindros. It’s too bad the team he is on isn’t so great, but he does get to show off his talent.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anton Lundell is going to be similar to Barkov: big, two way responsible center who can run the top line.

I also really like Hendrix Lapierre.

I love Lundell. That crazy defensive play where he batted he puck out of the air, turns explosively back up the ice and finished in one of the WJSS games still sticks in my mind. He’s awesome. It should be a great year to be in the top five or six packs. I really like Raymond as well , more so right now than Holtz or Gunler.

LaPierre is fun.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Stranges has taken huge strides since last year. Looks dangerous all the time, improved decision making and his shot looks way more powerful. He’s already beaten goalies clean a few times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->