Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Jack Hughes, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Albin Grewe, C/RW [Djurgardens J20, SuperElit]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I don't even care if goes first overall just want him to be an Av.

Last Pixar movie that I've seen was the Incredibles. The first one. Scene where that one dude's cape gets sucked in to the plain's engine was ten points out of ten hilarious.
I want Kakko as an Avalanche too .

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
You have no soul

Neither do you....Pixar movies are a necessity, how do you go 14 years without watching them.
I resisted Moana for the longest but when I finally watched it, damn its charming. Coco is good
But I feel like we haven’t had a world breaking Pixar movie in a while

Btw , slightly OT ; this Kaako C debate has convinced me that a no.1 C is more valuable than a no.1 D

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I resisted Moana for the longest but when I finally watched it, damn its charming. Coco is good
But I feel like we haven’t had a world breaking Pixar movie in a while

Btw , slightly OT ; this Kaako C debate has convinced me that a no.1 C is more valuable than a no.1 D

I think a large part of that is not having a number one dman being as dominant as a number one center in terms of stats/media coverage. D’s a lot less glorious than center too. As a dman you can have a nearly flawless game, make one mistake and it’s in the back of the net. As a center you could have an awful game, but have one great shift where you win the game for your team. Ultimately if a center is good enough he gets possession for his team almost every shift with a faceoff which gives that slight extra value

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I find Disney doesn't have the same magic anymore. Maybe that's just me getting older, but nothing will top the old movies.

I think it's the animation style change to computer drawn. All the characters look like plastic dolls.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I think it's the animation style change to computer drawn. All the characters look like plastic dolls.
The classic Disney movies were best served in a VHS format. After the DVD's and Bluerays came it ruined some of those movies magic. All the characters look too sharp and too seperated from the backround.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wasn't much of a Disney fan growing up. The musical numbers just annoyed the shit outta me, and I still to this day just do not understand why people love The Little Mermaid so much. I remember working at Media Play (yes, I'm that old) and parent after parent kept asking me when it was coming out on video because Disney half-assed just threw it out into theatres because "Anastasia" had just come out and they didn't have anything to compete, so they put it out there again, and legions of dumbass parents came out in droves.

And yes, the messages in The Little Mermaid for little girls are outright horrid. Not to mention Ariel is the most useless character in film history who makes a bunch of increasingly dumb decisions that get nearly everyone else killed.

Don Bluth, who broke away from Disney in the 80s, came out with way better shit. The Secret of NIMH remains one of my very favorite animated films.

However, Frozen finally broke that mold in a lot of ways, and maybe I'm just getting old and saw how much my two nieces loved it, the songs didn't annoy me. I also love a majority of the Pixar films, my two faves being Up and Inside Out for different reasons. Their only real whiffs IMO were Brave and The Good Dinosaur (I haven't seen any of the Cars sequels).

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Start a freaking Disney thread if that's what you want to talk about or better yet go to a Disney board. Let's talk about the Avs or at least hockey in a hockey forum geez. One guy mentioned a Disney movie OK but this is getting stupid in the NHL Draft Thread

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Stephen Fry had the best line on people who constantly say they are offended by things:

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f***ing what."

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Well, you can blame The Princess and the Frog for that. They tried coming out with a traditional-type animation movie, and I never saw it but it received good reviews. No one went to go see it and Disney went full computer after that.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I accept the responsibility for derailing. I have a lack of respect for HF laws.

RigidThreadbareBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gif

But for real--even though I briefly contributed to it, it is best to move the Disney/Animation talk to the OT Thread. If I can clear some time to go in and gather all of those posts I will, but in the meantime just migrate it over there (as it's rather fun to come back in from time-to-time and read up on it).

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I can't believe I didn't realize this earlier until I was listening to Hockey Prospects Radio this weekend but Jack Hughes and a few other 2019 draft prospects will be coming to my neck of the woods in early March. I'm gonna make a point to get there. The Lincoln Stars have fallen on some hard times of late, so tickets are usually easy to get and cheap. I am worried about their long-term viability going forward though, they play in the Ice Box, which is an absolute dump on the north side of town, and the local university kinda screwed them by laying down a sheet of ice but not bothering to build it for competitive hockey.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I knew that Finns had some homer posters on the prospect board, but they have literally ruined the Jack Hughes thread and daily might I add.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

High praise for Kakko......

Kakko, who was rated fourth on our September list, is off to an impressive start with TPS of the Finnish Liiga, scoring three goals and adding seven assists in 14 games.

The 17-year-old is versatile, smart and skilled, making him the rare winger who can do it all in every facet of the game. I haven’t seen a young player look so strong from the outset of a Liiga season since Aleksander Barkov exploded on the scene with Tappara.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad