Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part VII

Which player are you hoping drops to 16th overall?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Oh yeah my bad, I thought I saw somewhere saying Byram is RH, must have been someone else I was looking at

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
He’s a great passer and skater and put up Hughes-level productivity in USHL play. I don’t see much to be concerned about as far as him being a point producer at each successive step up.

Stylistically somebody in the prospect forum made a case that Zegras may have a touch more offensive upside at the NHL level with a very thorough breakdown of their games but even he admitted that he was trying to take the contrary position and that it’s basically a toss up (fwiw - nobody is better than Turcotte in this draft for two-way play but he echoed hench’s comments that Zegras is rounding out into a kid who won’t be far off either).
Passing and vision have been 2 of the knocks on him.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Scouting reports , haven't you read any ? They have their knocks in every player , these are the concerns for Turcotte hence he's being touted as a 2c :dunno: The problem with you is you fall in love and can't see a players faults. I'm not anti Turcotte just think there are better picks at #4

You're acting like I'm the only 1 that doesn't have Turcotte at 4

Last edited:

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Havent got much news on who the Avs are leaning towards but the free agents being thrown around are Connelly and Johansson.

Bit skeptical of Johansson myself mainly cause they didnt acquire him at the deadline but perhaps they didn't want to pay the price Boston did and will try at free agency:dunno:

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Since when? His shot isn't the most lethal of weapons and he doesn't have the supreme skill of Zegras, but Turcotte's playmaking is most certainly a strength of his.
Ok just saying his passing and vision is a questionable part if his game. Perhaps they are just lumping the passing and vision together as a single component of his game .

One th I g I've noticed with Turcotte is he slap passes everything, hits the ice 6 inches he behind the puck everytime which tells me he doesn't have great hands . It's tap tap . Ice then puck on the simplest passes , very awkawrd

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I like Pronman's stuff. It reiterates my Byram or Turcotte at #4 theory.

US coach called Turcotte "Sandpaper and Silk" and compared him to Brad Marchand...my dream come true

McKenzie usually comes out a couple days before the draft because he uses all his secret whispers to get a decent handle on the draft order.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Ok just saying his passing and vision is a questionable part if his game. Perhaps they are just lumping the passing and vision together as a single component of his game .

One th I g I've noticed with Turcotte is he slap passes everything, hits the ice 6 inches he behind the puck everytime which tells me he doesn't have great hands . It's tap tap . Ice then puck on the simplest passes , very awkawrd

Turcotte passing, skating and IQ is near Elite. Shooting might need some help. Solid defensively that plays a 200’ Game. Considered the strongest 2-way Center in the draft. Comparable to to ROR or Bergeron.

He suffered a serious Lower Body injury that erased the early part of his season to drop his rating. After he returned, numbers have been stellar. Scoring per game is among the highest in the team, but plays a defensive 2C without being blessed with Hughes Top 10 Wingers Caulfield/Boldy.

Interesting aspect is when Hughes was injured and elevated to 1C. Playing with more skilled Wingers, he elevated his game to the same absurd scoring pace as Hughes.

The knock on Turcotte is the need to improve his shot and smarten his reckless play to prevent injury. He is relentless both offensively and defensively that risks injury. Byram is still my choice and mostly due to being a DMan, but Turcotte is extremely close to BPA. If Byram is gone, Turcotte is absolutely deserving at the 4th OA selection.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Scouting reports , haven't you read any ? They have their knocks in every player , these are the concerns for Turcotte hence he's being touted as a 2c :dunno: The problem with you is you fall in love and can't see a players faults. I'm not anti Turcotte just think there are better picks at #4

You're acting like I'm the only 1 that doesn't have Turcotte at 4

It helps to watch players for yourself to form an opinion about them, rather than just parroting what some scouting report says :dunno:

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
For some reason, i just feel like dach will be the pick. I think turcotte goes to chicago, and unless they have byram rated way higher, they really wanna go center at 4

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
For some reason, i just feel like dach will be the pick. I think turcotte goes to chicago, and unless they have byram rated way higher, they really wanna go center at 4

If that happens, why not take the 2nd best Center prospect in this class and draft Zegras?

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
If that happens, why not take the 2nd best Center prospect in this class and draft Zegras?
Ahh you can probably talk me into many different options at this point, just doesnt seem like many people think zegras will go that high

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
If Turcotte goes to Chicago arguments can be made for any of Cozens, Dach, Zegras at 4 if the Avs are going Center, but they always spout BPA and maybe it is not a center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad