Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Which combo is wetting your appetite the most? (4th & 25th as of 11/27)-(You only have two options)

• Total voters

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
100 consecutive pull ups is physically impossible, especially if you go all the way down.

Did you weigh 60 lbs?

I was around 165#

I was incredibly strong in the upper body and arms, and was also very wiry.

I was able to bench my body weight more times than any of the football players, too.
They hated me for it, cuz I'd make them look bad.

Heavy landscaping and hard work built my arms, chest, back, abs, etc quite strong.
Better than any gym you kids go to nowadays.

Reactions: StayPuft39

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It was all the practice you had running to and from school uphill both ways in the snow and barefoot.

I had to hike through a field for about a mile. Downhill. Then cross the creek on a log (icy in the Winter). Then up the hill for about a mile. Then along the road for another half mile or so. Then I'd catch the schoolbus.
So, yeah, I'd hike uphill in the snow both ways...

Not barefoot, though.

I wore these.
s-l300.jpg

SORRY!!!
Thought we were in the Avalounge!!!

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Benching is my weakness. I can't get to two plates a side. I have an asymmetry, my right side can handle it but not my left. My chest press is far better.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
to be honest I haven't dug deep into the top 10 but if we end up with a top 5 pick what should we expect at minimum a top 6c?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I still think Hughes will end up the better player than Kakko. But they’re both ridiculously talented players and we’d be lucky to get either one.
Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain about adding Kakko to our roster at all. I'm a huge fan of the new wave of Finns making their way in the NHL, but I think our roster could use a 2C more than a 2RW. It's why I'm kind of leaning towards guys like Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, and Zegras over the guys who are more skilled in Podkolzin and Boldy. Just my $0.02.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Are people touting him as a generational talent? Seems like you shouldn't really over-use that term seeing as how there's only supposed to be one every generation.

The only true generational talents in the NHL as far as I'm concerned are Crosby and McDavid. I think it's okay to say guys like MacKinnon are "elite" and leave it at that.

Reactions: McMetal

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain about adding Kakko to our roster at all. I'm a huge fan of the new wave of Finns making their way in the NHL, but I think our roster could use a 2C more than a 2RW. It's why I'm kind of leaning towards guys like Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, and Zegras over the guys who are more skilled in Podkolzin and Boldy. Just my $0.02.

Yeah I was just kind of adding on to what you said not criticizing it. We’re in a pretty lucky situation here that’s for sure!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Are people touting him as a generational talent? Seems like you shouldn't really over-use that term seeing as how there's only supposed to be one every generation.

The only true generational talents in the NHL as far as I'm concerned are Crosby and McDavid. I think it's okay to say guys like MacKinnon are "elite" and leave it at that.

I’d say Ovechkin is at least a generational goal scorer. Maybe not generational talent, but he’s probably the best goal scorer of all time.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’d say Ovechkin is at least a generational goal scorer. Maybe not generational talent, but he’s probably the best goal scorer of all time.

Well, now we're getting into specific positions. We could get into how Karlsson is more or less a generation talent among blueliners, and I'm not necessarily against that but I just feel like overall the term just gets waaaay overused. Hell, I think the term "elite" gets overused.

Mind you, I'm not goin' all Highlander on people here, generational talents can overlap--obviously Gretzky and Lemieux fit that bill, and so do Roy, Hasek, and Brodeur, same goes for Crosby and McDavid. I just think guys like Matthews, MacKinnon, and Eichel are a step below.

Total side note here, NHL Radio talked about the numbers Sean Monahan has put up vs. MacKinnon's...we know MacKinnon was a late bloomer in some ways but it's still astounding how close the two are, and Monahan is an elite talent in his own right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad