Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Which combo is wetting your appetite the most? (4th & 25th as of 11/27)-(You only have two options)

• Total voters

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It should but I guess ur not saving cause you need to buy the box . Here I have free upgrading from the place I got the box . If it runs IPTV you can watch literally anything

Ok...it seems like it probably won’t work. I’m able to watch nhl games through the amazon fire stick and a ps4.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seider is a very interesting prospect, but a pretty tough one to gauge... not much history of high end prospects in DEL, Germany is a D1A country, No NA play... you have to evaluate purely on what your eyes see and try to not let it be jaded by lower competition/DEL hockey. I personally see a very toolsy young defensemen that either has hockey IQ issues, or needs a couple good coaches to bring the mental game along. I'd also like to see him get a good skating coach, while he is a good skater... he is flawed. I think there is high end ability there if you round out his stride. Probably a 3-4 year project, but in a weaker defensemen sort of draft, he probably has the best tool set to work with. A team deep on young defense should take a chance on him past the middle part of the first. If the Avs walked away from day 1 with a top 7-8 forward and Seider, I'd be pretty happy.

Reactions: S E P H

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Podkolzin is who I realistically want with the Ottawa pick, he possesses everything I love in a prospect. Byram and Cozens are also on my wish list.

Nice to see you posting again tiger. I wouldn't mind any of those selections either. Can't lie though Kakko is who Im hoping for

Reactions: tigervixxxen

AW8

Apr 28, 2014
My hopes in order:
Kakko
Hughes
Dach
Cozens
Pods
Byram

Any is For me. Right now anything is gravy. Loved Dutchy but we made out like bandits.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Podkolzin is who I realistically want with the Ottawa pick, he possesses everything I love in a prospect. Byram and Cozens are also on my wish list.

I love me some Podzi, even with his contract situation. One of the few prospects in this draft I've actually seen any full games of and I love him. Reminds me of the first time I watched Panarin play in the KHL...I never watched Panarin in the MHL or VHL...but more explosive.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Regarding Podkolzin, is the "Russian Factor" worrying?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Regarding Podkolzin, is the "Russian Factor" worrying?
I don't think so, but I remember reading that he's signed for the next two to three years (can't recall which one it is) and will play in Russia for his entire contract. So if we do draft him, we won't see him for the next two years at minimum.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think so, but I remember reading that he's signed for the next two to three years (can't recall which one it is) and will play in Russia for his entire contract. So if we do draft him, we won't see him for the next two years at minimum.
He'd have to be quite a bit better than the next guy in line for me to be comfortable with that though.

Reactions: Tommy G

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Thats shitty. I want him in training camp in September if we draft him.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Kaapo Kakko playing his first Liiga game as a 1C today. Team is dealing with injuries and suspensions.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Watch Chicago win the lottery and the NHL immediately cream its pants collectively. Hughes will help sell outdoor games.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kaapo Kakko playing his first Liiga game as a 1C today. Team is dealing with injuries and suspensions.
And international duty. Still, I think it's also about shaking up the lineup. Our normal 1st C Filppula (who has been the C for Kakko) has been "demoted" to the 2nd line.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
IIRC Podkolzin has 2 years left on his KHL deal after this one. So his arrival schedule would match pretty much everyone else's except for Hughes & Kakko :dunno:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

1. Jack Hughes
2. Kaapo Kakko
3. Vasili Podkolzin
4. Dylan Cozens
5. Kirby Dach

Russian right wing Vasili Podkolzin has jumped three spots from our October ranking to land at No. 3 this month. Podkolzin, who is currently playing for his national team at the World Junior A Challenge in Bonnyville, Alta., is a complete player who can excel in all situations. His style of play and approach to the game reminds me of Pavel Datsyuk.

I know nothing about Podkolzin so I'm looking forward to watching him at the WJC. The hype around him appears to be growing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's how my top 5 looks right now as well, but I also think Hench isn't wrong about Podkolzin's issues either - he is far from a perfect prospect and there is a gap between the first two with the rest of the pack.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad