Speculation: The 2019 Draft Thread - Sabres pick 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

#TeamKrebs

Our train has been chugging along, more than welcome to join us if you can make the leap...:naughty:

Reactions: Mitts888

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Anyone else just having a really hard time distinguishing these players?
Well, Caufield is a pygmy goal-scoring machine, so he kinda stands out. Turcotte, Cozens, Dach and Krebs are all basically the same to me, nothing makes one seem more exceptional than the next. If one guy is bigger, another is faster. If one's a better stickhandler, another has a better shot. I see the blend.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Late to the party but I agree that one thing that can't be overlooked with Krebs is his ability to succeed on a lousy team.

Its not just a jokey jab at the sabres, but guys are more likely to impact a team if they werent relying on talented teammates

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Train had left the station. Anyone not on board has been left behind

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
So is this the part of prospect process, where we overrate certain prospects, because of a great 6 day tournament, and then belittle every other prospect to make this favorite prospect look favorable because they may have had an average tournament?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No its the part where we stop pretending small players havent been better prospects the whole time as we watch them skate circles around them for another day.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
That is the type of game I wanted to see from Hughes. Maybe he is just bored sometimes.

People can continue to pretend Caufield isn't the real deal but they will look foolish. Kid scores against every level of competition he plays.

He might not even be there at #7.

Krebs has played well for Canada. Newhook is the real deal as well. Someone will get a very good player in the early teens.

I think Cozens might drop. His lack of hockey sense is noticable to the good scouts.

Reactions: Chainshot

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I hadn't watched Boldy but the kid looks solid. I think there is no way the Sabres don't come away with a really nice player at 7. Might not be the player everyone wants but will be a really good player regardless.
The funny thing about this draft is that not too long ago, many people held the belief that it wasn't up to the standard of years past. The talent coming out of the CHL, particularly representation from the Ontario league, isn't what we've come to expect, but what was grossly overlooked was the amount of talent on the NTDP. That team has a disproportionate selection of elite talent on the roster relative to the draft. A good portion of them will go top 15. So while this draft may not have exceptional depth going into to say -- Round 3, it still has some fantastic players, especially in the top round.

I'm expecting the Sabres to come away with a really good player. I have my reservations about some of the talent slated to go in that 5-8 range (Cozens), but I'm confident we'll do ok. I also expect there to be a lot of bitching and complaining about the pick, but that's nothing new around here.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
No its the part where we stop pretending small players havent been better prospects the whole time as we watch them skate circles around them for another day.

Hey, I have Caufield in the #7-#15 range. So it's not a matter of me not liking him, or pretending small players haven't been better prospects, but it's the usual talk of guys that would be catapulted into the top 5 when he's been in the the #11-#20 range for the year all because of a great short term tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad