Speculation: The 2019 Draft Thread - Sabres pick 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
To the point of Krebs over all there, save for Turcotte? Or over turcotte too????

Krebs is my favorite player in the draft (when looking beyond skill).

Prior to the lottery I said being in the 3 spot would be a very difficult decision for me because I think Turcotte is going to be elite.

But Krebs is the player this franchise needs. When you’re picking within a tier of relatively equal players (I think you know my position here)... I value need. And needs aren’t just positional.

Krebs has the thing this organization has lacked for over 10 years... character

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Prior to the lottery I said being in the 3 spot would be a very difficult decision for me because I think Turcotte is going to be elite.

But Krebs is the player this franchise needs. When you’re picking within a tier of relatively equal players (I think you know my position here)... I value need. And needs aren’t just positional.

It will probably sting when he goes to Edmonton at 8.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

At least this year it’s going to be an exciting draft as we have no idea what’s going to happen and so many options. Last year was so boring with no speculation when we knew were drafting that Dahlin kid. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Rasmi

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

This is true, Krebs is a “hockey players hockey player”

I thought Sam Reinhart would be that guy, but he’s a bit to passive to be that guy you are describing.

Some guys are winners, some are regular season point scorers. I want a guy who performs when it matters.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
This is true, Krebs is a “hockey players hockey player”

I thought Sam Reinhart would be that guy, but he’s a bit to passive to be that guy you are describing.

Some guys are winners, some are regular season point scorers. I want a guy who performs when it matters.

What if I just said... Krebs is a Briere and a Drury all in one.

Reactions: Mitts888

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I'm warming up to the idea of having Krebs. Plays with passion. Plus you dont get selected 1st OA in the WHL Draft for nothing. Hes got drive.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
What are the chances, if the Blues pick ends up ~20, that Caufield is still there?

If not, what about Seider?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I'm warming up to the idea of having Krebs. Plays with passion. Plus you dont get selected 1st OA in the WHL Draft for nothing. Hes got drive.

I think he’s a lot like a Bo Horvat or Barrett Hayton type of pick where people say “well he doesn’t really have the upside of the players around him but he’s a player”. All it takes is only team falling in love with Krebs for him to be a high pick.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think he’s a lot like a Bo Horvat or Barrett Hayton type of pick where people say “well he doesn’t really have the upside of the players around him but he’s a player”. All it takes is only team falling in love with Krebs for him to be a high pick.

Right, and in hindsight, Bo Horvat over Risto does suddenly look pretty solid.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I still like Kirby Dach over Krebs, he is big and strong on the puck, lacks speed but can break thru seams and can protect the puck like Matthew's. I bet once he gets more confident in shooting he will score more but yes hes a pass first type player but if he can make our wingers better than that's just as good.

The games I watched of him he was good in his own end as well, great on the back check and along the boards. His acceleration is what he needs to work on and even at 6'4 200ibs he can still add size to his frame.

Reguardless I doubt Botts takes either Dach or Krebs due to his hate for Canadians or Canadian Leagues, whatever his hate is no Canadians have been selected from Botterill.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Turcotte is a poor mans Nathan MacKinnon, I like Krebs. But there’s no debate if both are on the board for me.

Krebs has gotten slightly overrated in this thread. Don’t get me wrong I’m a big fan of the player and would be happy drafting him. M I just think expectations and the legend of Krebs might be going a bit far and expectations need to be realistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slangston

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Something worth noting. In the NHL it’s likely Zegras and Krebs are wingers, I also think there’s a chance both Cozens and Kakko could play C or W. IMO Hughes, Turcotte and Dach are the true C of this class.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if Newhook doesn’t put himself in the conversation at 7th with a good showing.

This U18 is going to fascinating with all of the possible showcasing going on. It always seems that strong showings at it drive late season pushes up the rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad