Prospect Info: The 2019 Draft Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
1. Byram
2. Kakko
3. Hughes

I'm very high on Byram due to him being a tier above the rest of the defenceman and he's that good.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
1. Byram
2. Kakko
3. Hughes

I'm very high on Byram due to him being a tier above the rest of the defenceman and he's that good.

Really? You have him ahead of Kakko or Hughes? Kakko in my book is a sure bet to become a top line winger/center.

He made a record or most goals in the Liiga. Sort of a combination of Barkov and Rantanen.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Really? You have him ahead of Kakko or Hughes? Kakko in my book is a sure bet to become a top line winger/center.

He made a record or most goals in the Liiga. Sort of a combination of Barkov and Rantanen.

I love Byram but woah...

Well look at the defence in this draft. Byram stands out for defenceman.

High i.q, great skater, stellar vision, an absolute workhorse. He can quarterback a powerplay.

I'm high on Kakko as well.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I love Byram, but Kakko is less risk, higher reward, and fits the Oilers better.

Well i do not see the Oil getting the 1st overall or the #2 by any means so I'm not going to debate, although I'm very high on Kakko.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Well look at the defence in this draft. Byram stands out for defenceman.

High i.q, great skater, stellar vision, an absolute workhorse. He can quarterback a powerplay.

I'm high on Kakko as well.
Meh.. He is the Cam Fowler of the Hall/Seguin draft.
Hanifin of McEichel draft.

No way he goes top 2

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Would like to see where scouts would have picked Byram in compared to last year's bumper crop of d-men.

Regarding Krebs it's hard to tell and I'd like a look at the advanced stats. Maybe Canucks Army has taken a look.

A guy like Monahan was on a terrible team but he shined like a light. Same gamble but he had the complete package and I guess you hope it's the same with Krebs.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Would like to see where scouts would have picked Byram in compared to last year's bumper crop of d-men.

Regarding Krebs it's hard to tell and I'd like a look at the advanced stats. Maybe Canucks Army has taken a look.

A guy like Monahan was on a terrible team but he shined like a light. Same gamble but he had the complete package and I guess you hope it's the same with Krebs.
The U18s should provide some context.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Off topic, but the 2020 draft class is looking very strong. I wouldn't trade our 1st next year.

Lafreniere is a monster.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
My first venture into the draft thread as I cannot avoid the fact we are a lottery team again.

Still say trade the pick. Protected maybe but we need a team for McDavid right now. Get it to mediocre and Connor and Leon will get us far.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Zegras at the u18s.

Seems like a guy who could sneak up to even 4th or 5th overall if a team really likes him.

Reactions: Llamamoto

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Meh.. He is the Cam Fowler of the Hall/Seguin draft.
Hanifin of McEichel draft.

No way he goes top 2

The Niedermayer of the Lindros Falloon draft.

Maybe not to that extent but he should pan out better than Fowler I believe. He is a skilled defenceman.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Zegras at the u18s.

Seems like a guy who could sneak up to even 4th or 5th overall if a team really likes him.
He's like a Jack Hughes lite. Very dynamic offensive player but seems to be kinda raw and hasn't filled out his frame yet (he's like 6'0 166lbs). So it's gonna take maybe 3 or on the long end 4 years for him to make an impact in the NHL.

A team like the Rangers that needs a dynamic talent and has the time would probably go for him

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I will be interested to see Alex Newhook at the u18s. Depending on how his team does in the playoffs, he may not be able to play all the games.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I will be interested to see Alex Newhook at the u18s. Depending on how his team does in the playoffs, he may not be able to play all the games.

I'm really interested to see how he fares against better competition. Their in the 2nd round, and the series is tied 3-3.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Curious to see if any of Suzuki, Caufield, Newhook, Pelletier, Lavoie, Soderstrom, etc. rise into the top 9 as a result of the U18's.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Hot Take: Quinton Byfield will go 1st overall.

6'5'' 215lbs at 16 years old and skates like McDavid. He's a freak.

2020 is going to be an insane year for the OHL.

2020 is going to be an insane year, period.

Sweden has two absolutely elite talents in Alexander Holtz and Lucas Raymond, but the funny part is neither one of those guys is even the one that I'm most hyped for. Instead that's Zion Nybeck. He's only 5'8 but he's an incredible talent. I've seen all three guys live but Nybeck is by far the one who has blown me away the most, not just live but on video as well. He can pass, he can shoot, he competes, he has great hands, he's smart and he can really skate. He has everything except size. Going to be very interesting to follow his development over the next year. If he is as good as I imagine he'll be, I'd have him as a top10 pick, even at his size. That's how much I like him.

On top of that Sweden also has Noel Gunler who is a late '00 birthday and torched the junior league while also putting up 5 points in 15 games in SHL this year. Very impressive season from him. Then there's still 16 year old D Helge Grans who has gotten some appearances in SHL as well and a number of interesting guys behind them as well that did very well in TV-pucken here a year ago (annual tournament with the best U16 players in the country).

Just an unreal draft year by the looks of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The Niedermayer of the Lindros Falloon draft.

Maybe not to that extent but he should pan out better than Fowler I believe. He is a skilled defenceman.
He will be lucky to come close to Fowler's level .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->