Speculation: The 2019 Draft Thread - Sabres pick 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Just go BPA you can name plenty of good bigger players and small players no matter where the league is trending, Johnny hockey big buff etc etc.

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I normally subscribe to taking BPA, but if we drafted based on need then what position should we draft? Buffalo Sabres at eliteprospects.com

Buffalo definitely needs forwards, especially RWs. We can draft centers that can slide to wing (i.e. Reinhart). Since mid 1st rd draft prospects usually don't make the roster until 2-3 years after they are drafted we need to plan accordingly. We have wing prospects that have potential like Nylander, Thompson and Olofsson, but their potential isn't realized.

Last edited:

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I normally subscribe to taking BPA, but if we drafted based on need then what position should we draft? Buffalo Sabres at eliteprospects.com

An offensively talented center that can drive a second scoring line.

We have Mitts but we have nothing like that in the organization after him. And they appear stubbornly opposed to using Sam at center. I'm not saying Mitts will never become that but you can't pencil him in that role right away without a backup plan (like management tried to do this year.)

Fortunately this draft has a lot of centers, but our draft position may put us just outside where the best ones will be taken. BPA is best but with three picks in the first round you have to think at least one will probably be a center.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
I want a 3 things with our 3 1st this year

Heart and soul winger, brings it every shift

Two-way Centre/Winger

Best D-man available ( Hopefully Broberg if he falls :naughty:)

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Took the lottery simulator for a spin tonight. This was the first time since before the Dahlin Lottery. What an awful feeling.

I know I will still be absurdly happy, but if we somehow really fell apart and landed at 7-10 in the standings, and won the lottery to get Hughes, I’d feel kind of dirty like Oilers east.

I miss when there was a calculated plan to this rebuild.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
With the Sabres luck, they’ll win the second pick and draft Kakko. Just months after trading Cliff Pu.

We’ll never see the vaunted Pekar - Pu - Kakko line.

:sarcasm:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hughes v Kakko is very tricky

I love Hughes’ speed and puck handling

I love Kakko as a pure hockey player more

Reactions: Fearnot

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I think Turcotte is better than Hughes. I would like Hughes a lot more if I thought he’d be afforded a couple of college years. But he’s going to struggle being forced into an NHL role next year.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think Turcotte is better than Hughes. I would like Hughes a lot more if I thought he’d be afforded a couple of college years. But he’s going to struggle being forced into an NHL role next year.

I agree, conditionally. The condition is the role and team he goes to.

Buffalo? Edmonton? 100% guarantee struggles.

Chicago? Right mix of sheltering vets, he'll likely flourish.

Reactions: truthbluth

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Lavoie, Turcotte, Kaliyev (love his game) Really want one of these guys with our first pick if we keep on playing like dog shit

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Lavoie, Turcotte, Kaliyev (love his game) Really want one of these guys with our first pick if we keep on playing like dog ****
I would be interested to hear more positive about Kaliyev. But Lavoie and Turcotte are two of my favorites in this draft.
But, more than anything, I'd rather we stopped playing like dog shit. I'd love to go back to not even thinking about the draft.

Reactions: RWatson29

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I wants three things:

Skill

More skill

Even more skill
Yes.. With attititude and fight that will complement our other skill players and complete the building of a team.. The only trade i dislike or loss is foligno . We need a player like skinner that has the ability and strength to back it up and we are in the playoffs with a shot..
If Mr Botteril pulled off what he was attempting giving picks and prospect for a power forward will SKILL (I agree w you) We make the playoffs.. Thompson wouldnt have to learn to be a protecting force ..
If we beat on Yandle and destroy who cheap shotted and concussed Jack when he started to believe he could really be a top three player in the league woth Toughness. Wow.. And anyone like Kessler Yandle or the scum Bruins would think twice messing with us..
I like our team .. They desire to be honorable and put all that Lucic crap away by teaching this cheap shotting lame league that they must play hockey not injure us . With two skilled power forward/center that can keep up to replace Sobotka.. And the few who cant keep up

We are playofc team if oloffson pans out and we have thachuk and foligno..

Great checking game against Tampa.. Another sniper and a Power forward that can elevate a line and protect..
Are those two type available this year ?

Just imagine Jack playing with confidence a few guys truly have his back risking suspension if anyone concussed him again.Imagine mitts skinner and reinhart with confidence to play hockey and not worry about cheap reality creeping in.

We have felt a mile away after last Florida trip as league kearned our weaknesses. We pushed back last night.

Awesome..

Maybe .. we are closer to the streak team when we play like we did in Tampa against Caps and those panzy leafs and their patriot fans and bad officiating etc.
Keep this room .sign skinner please and draft and aquire the four other pieces that allow us to play hockey.

Get a great doctor to put Kyle and Eichel on strict regimines and negates concussion.. with science rest and reduction of Inflammation and fluid retention etc. ( 'Member the bills doctor who immediately dropped body temp and saved our player from being parylized? )

This team has more heart than 2011 .. Im excited to see Me Botterils' Solutions now and in the future. loved the toughness from Borgen.. The partner and protector to go with a sniper and two power forwards that are truly skilled and we have a team that wins a playoff series..Loved Hutton as a backup.. If he can overcome holes created from lack of size and adjust and learn to overcome the league figuring him out .. He has the guts we need in the room .The sky is not falling..

Like a Thatchuk ( picks) ..they must compete for a spot or call up next year or we must trade..etc . and life isnt that easy so BPA and use good picks to trade for holes .. I think Mr Botteril may not be able to trade now and maybe couldnt get what he wanted so got nothing. He has the balls to stick to real help and not just stop gaps. I am hoping thats true and he said Frack it Ill just draft what we need if this group cant win 15 of 19.

Maybe playing Tage matured him and he gains twenty and decides to beat the world Sorry no trading Risto.. less minutes and more competition.. I would keep Beualieueie ..He gets it it like Borgen

We might just have what need and can find a foligno or draft the missing pieces..Maybe not but I see a plan ..Am I just a Buffalo Homer swimming in my fuzzy delusions..Lets see how they play against Wash and TransTorontopersonalityLacking

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Yes.. With attititude and fight that will complement our other skill players and complete the building of a team.. The only trade i dislike or loss is foligno . We need another player like S skinner that has the ability and strength to back it up and protect others and we are in the humt..Wayne Simmonds type w attitude.. (Kane is gone and Ror didnt want to be here so F them and move on..jeez.. ) and were moving away from people that think dating there hot ex will wnd differently this time ..On paper.. anymway . Sorry rambling .

If Mr Botteril pulled off what he was attempting giving picks and prospect for a power forward with SKILL stealing third pick (I agree w you) We make the playoffs..

Thompson wouldnt have to learn to be Thatchuk just himself.. tough league.
If we beat on Yandle and destroy who cheap shotted and concussed Jack when he started to believe he could really be a top three player in the league with Toughness. Wow.. And anyone like Kessler Yandle or the scum Bruins would think twice messing with us..
I like our team .. They desire to be honorable and put all that Lucic crap away by teaching this cheap shotting lame league that they must play hockey not injure us . With two skilled power forward/center that can keep up to replace Sobotka.. And the few who cant keep up

We are playofc team if oloffson pans out and we have thachuk and foligno..

Great checking game against Tampa.. Another sniper and a Power forward that can elevate a line and protect..
Are those two type available this year ?

Just imagine Jack playing with confidence that a few guys truly have his back risking suspension if anyone concussed him again.Imagine mitts skinner and reinhart with confidence to play hockey and not worry about cheap reality creeping in.

We have felt a mile away after last Florida trip as league learned our weaknesses. We pushed back last night.

Awesome..

Maybe .. we are closer to the streak team when we play like we did in Tampa against Caps and those panzy leafs and their patriot fans and bad officiating etc.
Keep this room .sign skinner please and draft and aquire the four other pieces that allow us to play hockey.

Get a great doctor to put Kyle and Eichel on strict regimines and negates concussion.. with science rest and reduction of Inflammation and fluid retention etc. ( 'Member the bills doctor who immediately dropped body temp and saved our player from being parylized? )

What free agent wouldnt come here if we were on forefront of concusion research with serious looks into changes since 79 .. Gmo to glyphosfate to Wifi electromag cell tower rf and all other dietary amd environmemtal changes causing this rise womb to millenial..

This team has more heart than 2011 .. Im excited to see Me Botterils' Solutions now and in the future. loved the toughness from Borgen.. The partner and protector to go with a sniper and two power forwards that are truly skilled and we have a team that wins a playoff series..Loved Hutton as a backup.. If he can overcome holes created from lack of size and adjust and learn to overcome the league figuring him out .. He has the guts we need in the room .The sky is not falling..

Like a Thatchuk ( picks) ..they must compete for a spot or call up next year or we must trade..etc . and life isnt that easy so BPA and use good picks to trade for holes .. I think Mr Botteril may not be able to trade now and maybe couldnt get what he wanted so got nothing. He has the balls to stick to real help and not just stop gaps. I am hoping thats true and he said Frack it Ill just draft what we need if this group cant win 15 of 19.

Maybe playing Tage matured him and he gains twenty and decides to beat the world Sorry no trading Risto.. less minutes and more competition.. I would keep Beualieueie ..He gets it it like Borgen

We might just have what need and can find a foligno or draft the missing pieces..Maybe not but I see a plan ..Am I just a Buffalo Homer swimming in my fuzzy delusions..Lets see how they play against Wash and TransTorontopersonalityLacking

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Yeah, He's really high on my list right now. The first crop for me ends around 12-13, and McMichael is first man up in group 2.

I think he can play center, but also bump over to wing. He's not a puck driver through the neutral zone like the top centers, but he can fly, and he's got a laser beam for a shot. Add in his high hockey IQ, and you've got a player. I think his ceiling is a faster version of Pavelski.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Really sold on McMichael. Speed, IQ, shot. Kid is legit.

I’ve seen him live a couple times, I think if all goes well he’s a Logan Couture type of player, but realistically I think he’s more of a Tierney type of centre. A guy who can play at both ends and put up 40-50 points playing in that 2-3 hole.

I’ll take just about anyone out of London, the Hunters sure know how to develop kids, especially those with hockey sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad