Prospect Info: The 2019-2020 International Tournaments Thread

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So silky smooth you don't notice him (Davidsson), or transparent, as if he disappears (Nylander)?

Unnoticeable. There was a lot of the Swedish team that did not stand out in this tournament. I'm not taking much from it right now, it was summer hockey.

so D really missing Samuelsson & Johnson today? ugly showing

I think they're both in. And yeah, the guys who are playing for that last spot didn't really shine today.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Saw some of USA-Finland last night before conking out. Pretty impressed with the level of play from players this young. After watching the SC slug fest, the open skating style of the Jrs was highly entertaining even if the defensive miscues were so obvious.....

Reactions: Ralonzo

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Samuelsson seems to be out there a lot when good things happen and not when bad things happen.

Hunter is coaching Canada right? Because they're finishing every tackle.

Also I've liked Zegras in this tourney a lot more than Cozens ;)

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Samuelsson seems to be out there a lot when good things happen and not when bad things happen.

Hunter is coaching Canada right? Because they're finishing every tackle.

Also I've liked Zegras in this tourney a lot more than Cozens ;)

They don’t do advanced stats in the NCAA but I bet Samuelsson is real good at possession and danger area stats.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good point.

Solid win in the final game for USA.

To the credit of the staff, they are using this as an actual evaluation. Almost all of the LHD have worked shifts on the right side to see who does better there. I’m biased but I have like Johnson’s game playing his offhand side more than most of them.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I have to admit, it's hard to watch a player the Sabres passed on have success when their guy isn't there. That said, I didn't really want Caufield in the first place.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
At first I thought I had a bad feed, turns out the rink is just all fog today.
When they were using the cameras at ice level you could really see how bad it was. Drysdale went to throw a d2d pass and you could barely see his target. Still snapped it on the tape though.

Came in here to mention Askarov. I saw a clip of him on Instagram a week or two ago and loved the look of him. Sure enough he’s the guy to shut down Canada in the gold medal game. He’s trending towards being a top 10 pick right now.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad