THE 2019-2020 'ADAM GRAVES' 6 IN 5 THREAD

Do we hit our goal of 96-100pts this year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
19-20.jpg

Not good, playing well for stretches but can't put it all together long enough.
Maybe Driedger will get his debut on Saturday?
Well, this is our 9 gamer at home, need at least a 5-2-2 at minimum to get back to a 100pt pace.
Let's see how they react to their first real bout of adversity.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Set 6

Nov 30 vs NSH - I think the Panthers can get back on the snide here. NSH has some holes in their lineup, and other than taking a home & home vs the Blues, they've really been struggling. Not to mention the PP is ranked 22 @ 17.6%, and their PK is T29 @ 72.7%.
W

Dec 3 vs MIN
- They've been stuggling as well, mind you not as bad as NSH. Middle of the pack special teams too. Panthers are looking to put a run together here.
W

Sat Dec 7 vs CBJ
- Looking at Driedger getting the start here. Look for the boys to pay extra attention to protecting the net here.
W

Sun Dec 8 vs SJS
- A team that's been hot lately. Hopefully they cool down in the next week and a half, but on the back end of a B2B, I'm expecting a regress here. Best PK in the league to boot. You know Boog will put some $ on the board for the boys to play well in this one.
L

Tue Dec 10 vs TBL
- This teams getting hotter and has a lethal PP. I expect a really good game, but this team is under-preforming and wouldn't be surprised to see a L here.
OTL/SOL

7 point set

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Set 6

Nov 30 vs NSH - I think the Panthers can get back on the snide here. NSH has some holes in their lineup, and other than taking a home & home vs the Blues, they've really been struggling. Not to mention the PP is ranked 22 @ 17.6%, and their PK is T29 @ 72.7%.
W

Dec 3 vs MIN
- They've been stuggling as well, mind you not as bad as NSH. Middle of the pack special teams too. Panthers are looking to put a run together here.
W

Sat Dec 7 vs CBJ
- Looking at Driedger getting the start here. Look for the boys to pay extra attention to protecting the net here.
W

Sun Dec 8 vs SJS
- A team that's been hot lately. Hopefully they cool down in the next week and a half, but on the back end of a B2B, I'm expecting a regress here. Best PK in the league to boot. You know Boog will put some $ on the board for the boys to play well in this one.
L

Tue Dec 10 vs TBL
- This teams getting hotter and has a lethal PP. I expect a really good game, but this team is under-preforming and wouldn't be surprised to see a L here.
OTL/SOL

7 point set

Some goalie changes have taken place since I made my predictions, but I think I'm going to go with the same calls. Forgot Bob will most likely play against Columbus, so Driedger gets San Jose, which still will feel like a loss.

Hopefully the team locks down tonight against Nashville and we squeak out a win.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
with 56 games to go, we need 33-35 more wins or 66-70 more points. Would have us finish with 97-101 total points.
Can we go 35-21/34-22/33-23 to finish the year? Don't see why not.
Need at least 6 wins on this home-stand to do some damage, create more belief and continue to make a top 3 Atlantic spot, the regular season goal all year long.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So a while ago I heard an NHL season can be split into three categories: No Doubt wins, No Doubt losses, and close games.

Out of 82 games, you can easily expect to lose 25, and easily expect to win 25. It's what you do with the other 32 games that makes or breaks your season.

This is my take on how the seasons gone so far:

No Doubt wins (4)
Oct 27 @ EDM
Nov 2 vs DET
Nov 19 vs PHI
Nov 30 vs NSH

No Doubt Losses: (4)
Oct 3 @ TB
Oct 8 @ CAR
Oct 28 @ VAN
Nov 24 vs BUF

Close games: 9-5-5 (19 gamess)

So what does this list tell me?
It tells me that the Panthers are a very competitive team, and that they are in a lot more games than they should be (i.e. 4-goal combacks.)

You just hope the team is not going to run out of steam at the end of the regular season. They've played so many close games already! You would like to see them use their 'no doubt wins' bank category a little more.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Successful set, hoping for a bonus point or 2 vs Tampa

19-20.jpg

Let 2-3 points slip away during this set and the previous one.
Frustrating that the PP is so up and down in crucial times but the PK has been unbelievable for the last 6-7 games.
Good news is Bob is coming alive and keeping us in games while also shutting the door at 2 goals or less the past 3 games.
Need to continue to find ways to score on the PP. Barkov and Huberdeau came close but they can't do it all if Hoff isn't clicking.
Surprised Connolly hasn't been put on the top unit being the top goal scorer.

I really hate this incoming set. 4 of those teams minus OTT always play us well of recent past.
Wanted 6 wins or at least 12 pts on this 9 gamer, so far we got half but going 3-1-0 or 3-0-1 against those 4 teams should test the Panthers will. Need everything to come together, still missing one key thing at those important moments in a game here or there. Tonight it was the PP.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So a while ago I heard an NHL season can be split into three categories: No Doubt wins, No Doubt losses, and close games.

Out of 82 games, you can easily expect to lose 25, and easily expect to win 25. It's what you do with the other 32 games that makes or breaks your season.

No Doubt wins (4)
Oct 27 @ EDM
Nov 2 vs DET
Nov 19 vs PHI
Nov 30 vs NSH

Oct 3 @ TB
Oct 8 @ CAR
Oct 28 @ VAN
Nov 24 vs BUF

Close games: 9-5-5 (19 gamess)

So what does this list tell me?
It tells me that the Panthers are a very competitive team, and that they are in a lot more games than they should be (i.e. 4-goal combacks.)

You just hope the team is not going to run out of steam at the end of the regular season. They've played so many close games already! You would like to see them use their 'no doubt wins' bank category a little more.

No Doubt wins (5)
Oct 27 @ EDM
Nov 2 vs DET
Nov 19 vs PHI
Nov 30 vs NSH
Dec 8 vs SJS

Oct 3 @ TB
Oct 8 @ CAR
Oct 28 @ VAN
Nov 24 vs BUF

Close games: 10-6-5 (21 games)

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Set 7

Thu Dec 12 vs NYI - I believe we can win this game. Panthers just got Sean how to play good, desperate hockey the last game vs Tampa, and it was a close game. Hopefully they picked up a thing or two from that game and are a little pissed off. I expect a good game tonight.
W

Sat Dec 14 vs BOS - the game versus the Islanders will be followed up by another tough game. Boston is on a bit of a schneid right now oh, so it's important to take advantage of this and get a much-needed win versus Boston if we want to have anything to do with first place in the division this year.
W

Mon Dec 16 vs OTT - after a big couple of wins versus the Islanders and Bruins, I see a stumbling block coming up against a hardworking Senators bunch. They play physical and can frustrate teams at times. One key to playing against the Panthers and succeeding is to play physical.
L

Fri Dec 20 vs DAL - following a disappointing result versus the Senators, I think the Panthers pull it together after a nice 4 day break to cap off a successful home stand with a win against Dallas. A lot of uncertainty surrounding the Stars team currently, hopefully they are still like this in a week.
W

Sat Dec 21 @ CAR - I fear the House of Horrors that has been Carolina's Arena will strike again. I don't think Bob gets this start, as he has shown it hasn't worked out for him against the Hurricanes. Possibly look for Big D to start for what it's worth, but I don't think This game will be successful.
The second of a B2B, and a game before Panthers look to close the season series against their not only division-rival, but state rival Tampa Bay, I feel like they will get tired and caught looking ahead to the next game.
L

6 point set

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

No Doubt wins (5)
Oct 27 @ EDM
Nov 2 vs DET
Nov 19 vs PHI
Nov 30 vs NSH
Dec 8 vs SJS

Oct 3 @ TB
Oct 8 @ CAR
Oct 28 @ VAN
Nov 24 vs BUF

Close games: 10-6-5 (21 games)

Games added:
Vs New York Islanders
Vs Boston
I have both of these as close games, merely based on the fact that it was a one-goal game in the third both games.

No Doubt wins (5)
Oct 27 @ EDM
Nov 2 vs DET
Nov 19 vs PHI
Nov 30 vs NSH
Dec 8 vs SJS

Oct 3 @ TB
Oct 8 @ CAR
Oct 28 @ VAN
Nov 24 vs BUF

Close games: 10-8-5 (23 games)

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Games added:
December 16 vs Ottawa - nothing like adding a no doubt win to the category. Wish I could do this more often.

No Doubt wins (6/25)
Oct 27 @ EDM
Nov 2 vs DET
Nov 19 vs PHI
Nov 30 vs NSH
Dec 8 vs SJS
Dec 16 vs OTT

No Doubt Losses: (4/25)
Oct 3 @ TB
Oct 8 @ CAR
Oct 28 @ VAN
Nov 24 vs BUF

Close games: 10-8-5 (23 games/32)

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just studying Panthers schedule tonight, and by the end of December (3 months in) Panthers will be done playing the following teams:
  • Carolina
  • Nashville
  • Tampa Bay
  • New York Islanders
  • Colorado
By my count, Panthers were 4-6-2 in those games. Not ideal, but to an extent, holding their heads above water, for the most part against tier teams (with two games to go, @ CAR & @ TBL.)

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Games added:
December 16 vs Ottawa - nothing like adding a no doubt win to the category. Wish I could do this more often.

No Doubt wins (6/25)
Oct 27 @ EDM
Nov 2 vs DET
Nov 19 vs PHI
Nov 30 vs NSH
Dec 8 vs SJS
Dec 16 vs OTT

Oct 3 @ TB
Oct 8 @ CAR
Oct 28 @ VAN
Nov 24 vs BUF

Close games: 10-8-5 (23 games/32)

Game added: December 20th vs Dallas
I was never worried that this game would be lost. Love putting no doubt wins on the board back-to-back.

No Doubt wins (7/25)
Oct 27 @ EDM
Nov 2 vs DET
Nov 19 vs PHI
Nov 30 vs NSH
Dec 8 vs SJS
Dec 16 vs OTT
Dec 20 vs DAL

Oct 3 @ TB
Oct 8 @ CAR
Oct 28 @ VAN
Nov 24 vs BUF

Close games: 10-8-5 (23/32)

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
19-20.jpg

Honestly didn't think we'd save this set after starting 0-2 and felt 4 pts was a moral win against these 4-5 teams who normally shut us down sans OTT.
Driedger helps us out big time tonight.
Acciari, 7 goals in 3 games, definitely the 1st star of the week.
Quality wins in regulation against OTT, DAL and CAR.

Next set is relatively "easier" on paper but a win against TB would be nice to keep them struggling while feasting on teams we are better than in DET, MON, CBJ and OTT.
Back on 96pt pace. Let's chase a 5-7 game win streak before the 41 game mark, would only need to go slightly above .500 in the final 41 games.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’m not convinced 96 is enough. It’s gonna have to be 98 points. Teams with 96 missed in the Atlantic two seasons in a row.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
I’m not convinced 96 is enough. It’s gonna have to be 98 points. Teams with 96 missed in the Atlantic two seasons in a row.
6 in 5 pace is 98 points we are still one point from that because of an earlier set. We need at least one 7 point set to get back to the 98 point pace.

TBH don't care enough to bring it up but not sure why that last column is +- from a 96 point pace

Adamgraves9

Dec 22, 2019
Hi guys! Yes it’s me, I’m so honored y’all keep this going. Life got busy, so I’m not around here.

how cool was this comeback to make it Back on pace! Didn’t have to panic during the losing streak. And no coincidence now back on pace and in a playoff spot.

yes it’s a 98 point pace as there’s 2 games left after 80 and the pace has you splitting the last 2..

anyway enjoy, no need to panic after a bad loss and thanks for keeping this going!

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
Hi guys! Yes it’s me, I’m so honored y’all keep this going. Life got busy, so I’m not around here.

how cool was this comeback to make it Back on pace! Didn’t have to panic during the losing streak. And no coincidence now back on pace and in a playoff spot.

yes it’s a 98 point pace as there’s 2 games left after 80 and the pace has you splitting the last 2..

anyway enjoy, no need to panic after a bad loss and thanks for keeping this going!
Welcome back, this has always been my favorite these season after season. Thanks for starting the tradition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad