The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part VI

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This is Bettman’s best chance to rescue Ottawa for another 10 years... or at least save him the hassle of dealing with a weak franchise. If there is any element of control in this I hope things go our way. We fell in the last two drafts.... fingers crossed it’s our turn.

I'm not suggesting anything nefarious and dont believe the inevitable lotto itself is or ever has been fixed at least when conducted by big firms, but more that I'm expecting whatever format they agree too and decide to proceed with will likely screw us even more than what would have been by way of lesser odds, more teams eligible etc... hope I'm wrong but I'm bracing for it naturally.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm not suggesting anything nefarious and dont believe the inevitable lotto itself is or ever has been fixed at least when conducted by big firms, but more that I'm expecting whatever format they agree too and decide to proceed with will likely screw us even more than what would have been by way of lesser odds, more teams eligible etc... hope I'm wrong but I'm bracing for it naturally.

paranoia self destroya

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There is a big downside of the league starts again let's say in late July or August.

Both Karlsson and Hertl will be healthy and could return.
Do you think that the Sharks will risk these players playing coming off a major injury with their season already being decided? Makes no sense long term for the Sharks. They willneed a full traning camp to get going.

I do think they would play some regular season games. Players will want some reps before playing in the playoffs. Maybe 2 to 3 per team.

I highly doubt we have hockey this year but if they play in a secure location with no fans. They could bang out a potential 5, 5, 5, 7 in 45 days. If they start a two week training camp mid june its possible. Any later than that and its not happening i dont think.

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Do you think that the Sharks will risk these players playing coming off a major injury with their season already being decided? Makes no sense long term for the Sharks. They willneed a full traning camp to get going.

I do think they would play some regular season games. Players will want some reps before playing in the playoffs. Maybe 2 to 3 per team.

I highly doubt we have hockey this year but if they play in a secure location with no fans. They could bang out a potential 5, 5, 5, 7 in 45 days. If they start a two week training camp mid june its possible. Any later than that and its not happening i dont think.

I hope you are right but Karlsson declared himself good to go a week ago or so.

I'm just hoping no regular season games are played and we go straight to the playoffs. Helps out picks immensely

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
There is a big downside of the league starts again let's say in late July or August.

Both Karlsson and Hertl will be healthy and could return.

Ek65 will be back, dunno about hertl though they should be cautious with him. Hope it doesnt screw us too much.

I keep reading play out reg season.. that's a lot of games. I guess I should trust the insiders but it seems like alot..

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Heard the news from the GM meeting that the draft may go ahead sometime in June .. possibly ahead of finishing games and/or playoffs... Not sure if that happens but..

Went to Tankathon.. and said ok this is it one time we pick where we pick

1 and 5. I'd be happy.

OR6NQX.jpg

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Heard the news from the GM meeting that the draft may go ahead sometime in June .. possibly ahead of finishing games and/or playoffs... Not sure if that happens but..

1 and 5. I'd be happy.

OR6NQX.jpg

To me, it all depends on who is available at the certain picks. If we got 3 and 5, I'd initially be quite disappointed, but if that meant that we were able to select Stutzle/Byfield and Drysdale/Rossi, I would be ecstatic.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
The season is over IMO. The league is keeping dreams alive given some of the revenue ($'s owed to sponsors / tv) and escrow issues, but at best we're looking at a short-term tourney for the Cup. But even if something does happen to determine a cup champ, based on the draft discussion happening sooner the league has essentially reconciled to a degree that the final standings are almost final. The games they're talking about are more about helping finalize the playoff teams and getting them warmed up for a few games. If they do any regular season games, I wouldn't be surprised if they capped it at 72 games or something to just get a few games in before kicking off a shorter tourney. Not that this is going to happen either way, as there are so many logistical issues, October start for next season is seriously in jeopardy.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

1 and 5. I'd be happy.

OR6NQX.jpg

I hope you'd be happy with 1 and 5 lmao. Chances are we pick 4-5 or 3-5 something like that.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009

1 and 5. I'd be happy.

OR6NQX.jpg

I'd be happy but pretty annoyed at rangers getting 3rd.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder how much hype would be around Laf+By youth injection vs other duos. Daigle was on a Lemieux type hype train.

1. Yashin + Daigle
2. Crosby + Malkin
3. Towes + Kane
4. Matthews + Marner

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
To me, it all depends on who is available at the certain picks. If we got 3 and 5, I'd initially be quite disappointed, but if that meant that we were able to select Stutzle/Byfield and Drysdale/Rossi, I would be ecstatic.

I am saving "ecstatic" for getting Lafrenier and Byfield and "Very happy" for Lafrenniere and one of Stutzle/Raymond/Drysdale.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I thought the highest probability outcome was 3/4 ? Maybe im wrong but id also be happy with that.

The highest probability is 5 and 6 (100%). Not likely is getting positions 1, 2 or 3 which is under 50%. Most likely is probably 4 and 5 which has relatively high probability based on the Tankathon summed odds.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I wonder how much hype would be around Laf+By youth injection vs other duos. Daigle was on a Lemieux type hype train.

1. Yashin + Daigle
2. Crosby + Malkin
3. Towes + Kane
4. Matthews + Marner

If we luck out and get Lafrenier and Byfield, the forwards will look pretty good in 2 or 3 years after those two mature:

Lafrenier - Byfield - Duclair
Tkachuk - Brown - Balcers
Abramov - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - White

Reactions: DrEasy and Sweatred

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The highest probability is 5 and 6 (100%). Not likely is getting positions 1, 2 or 3 which is under 50%. Most likely is probably 4 and 5 which has relatively high probability based on the Tankathon summed odds.
Umm nope its not, its around 8% they pick 5, 6.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Every time I do that dang tankathon both Sens picks usually fall and I never pick first.

I hope our real odds are much better

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Getting 5 and 6 would honestly be so f***ing disappointing with the season we had. I mean it wasn't Detroit bad, but it was still pretty bad.

I want a top 3 pick.

But i guess i should just prepare myself for the extreme disappointment whenever the draft lottery takes place.

Reactions: DJB

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If we luck out and get Lafrenier and Byfield, the forwards will look pretty good in 2 or 3 years after those two mature:

Lafrenier - Byfield - Duclair
Tkachuk - Brown - Balcers
Abramov - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - White

Tkachuk - Byfield - White
Stutzle - L.Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - Duclair
Abramov - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul
Hawryluk

Chabot - JBD
Guhle - Brannstrom
Wolanin - Thomson

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Every time I do that dang tankathon both Sens picks usually fall and I never pick first.

I hope our real odds are much better

I just ran it twice and got 1+5 and 1+2.

We have the best odds of anyone, can't be upset with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad