The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part 2: The Tank is back on?: 30th place | 69.8pt projection

2019-20 Tankathon: Who are the tanking teams

• ANA

• ARI

• BOS

• BUF

• CGY

• COL

• CBJ

• DAL

• DET

• EDM

• FLA

• LAK

• MIN

• MTL

• NSH

• NJD

• NYI

• NYR

• PHI

• PIT

• SJS

• STL

• TBL

• TOR

• VAN

• VGK

• WSH

• WPG

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I feel sorry for EK, heart of a Lion but that injury Cooke gave him is like replacing the chassis on a Lamborghini with a used one - without the perfect balance everything slowly gets pressure put on other areas and the balance and force isn’t there.

Matt Cooke is a piece of garbage and played hockey without any class and claimed what could of been one of the great careers of all time. NHL hockey has always made room for the punk-***** over the super star and it’s why Mario retired, Karlsson will never reach his career potential.

Hockey culture is stupid.
Someone should have ended that no good POS long ago. Matt Cooke was a piece of garbage that should have been permanently banned at some point. I am convinced he stomped Karlsson on purpose.

I know it was technically legal at the time, but his hit on Marc Savard was basically attempted murder imo.

Reactions: Tuna99

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Someone should have ended that no good POS long ago. Matt Cooke was a piece of garbage that should have been permanently banned at some point. I am convinced he stomped Karlsson on purpose.

I know it was technically legal at the time, but his hit on Marc Savard was basically attempted murder imo.
It was absolutely on purpose. That piece of shit should never get the benefit of the doubt.

Ive never seen a player raise their skate that way when going to pin someonone against the boards. Ever.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Tuna99

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Honest question: if you were Vegas, would you ever have the Sens favoured to win any game this year?

Unless the opponent is on a back to back with 5 major injuries, it would be hard to see.

Was good with the Anisimov trade, but dude is -6 after 3 games, while the team is -7 goal differential.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
The four teams I voted for in this poll have started off the season a combined 14-7-0 :laugh:

I'm surprised at the Devils' awful start. I didn't think they'd be a playoff team but the leads they've blown are just pathetic.

Dallas is also taking the absolute piss but I doubt they stay that bad

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Let's just hope LA figures out that Campbell is their guy. If they keep rolling with Quick they will be worst in the league without breaking a sweat. That guy has been God-awful for the past year and a half. Minnesota could be awful. New Jersey could be a contender for last place. I am rooting for them, but Hughes, Hischier, Ty Smith are young af. Could be another rough go this year. Would really hurt if they lose Hall

Personally, I think Detroit will challenge for a playoff spot. That Production Line is just so good. And Hronek and Cholowski are ready to be impact players on defense.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
33 point pace...lol, hopefully we can grab one of the big 2 with our top 4 pick this year. Sadly I would assume if either guy comes close to their pedigree initially we can only expect their services for 3 entry level year$!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The “tank” is on. Results to date are consistent with expectations of hockey fans but at odds with the views of our GM.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Just for fun:

Tkachuk-Byfield-Batherson
Duclair-Brown/Norris-Abramov/Davidsson
Formenton-White-C.Brown

That looks damn solid and obviously if FYOUS is the real deal you can add a UFA somewhere there.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Just for fun:

Formenton-White-C.Brown

That looks damn solid and obviously if FYOUS is the real deal you can add a UFA somewhere there.

Looks like a whole bunch of question marks to me.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Looks like a whole bunch of question marks to me.

the only real question marks I see are Abramov/Davidsson, so 2nd line RW.

Batherson will at the very least be a 2nd line winger imo. Which leads to my UFA comment. If we’re spending we should be able to at least sign one top six winger.

White probably tops out as a good 2C, in which case he and Byfield are a solid 1-2 punch and whoever ends up being better between Norris and Brown should be a very good 3C.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Just for fun:

Formenton-White-C.Brown

Or

Tkachuk/White/Batherson
Lafrenier / Brown / Duclair
Formenton / Norris / C. Brown

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Or

Tkachuk/White/Batherson
Lafrenier / Brown / Duclair
Formenton / Norris / C. Brown

yeah hopefully we get one of the two... at worst we finish last and lose the lottery just once and fall to 2nd. The top 5 looks dope but I really want Laf or Byf with the looks of our future D one of those two would really help this team turn into a contender.

Reactions: Evanc23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad