The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part 2: The Tank is back on?: 30th place | 69.8pt projection

2019-20 Tankathon: Who are the tanking teams

• ANA

• ARI

• BOS

• BUF

• CGY

• COL

• CBJ

• DAL

• DET

• EDM

• FLA

• LAK

• MIN

• MTL

• NSH

• NJD

• NYI

• NYR

• PHI

• PIT

• SJS

• STL

• TBL

• TOR

• VAN

• VGK

• WSH

• WPG

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We're not doing a very good job about being subtle about our intentions to tank this year's are we? :laugh:

We're supposed to have plausible deniability when the league confronts us about it, lol.

Well when you trade picks for players like the sens have done they can use that as the argument.... I mean they did do that, what tanking team would willingly give up futures for players that are older?

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
meh....why use cgi when you can just re-do the ball drop until you get a result you want? Not saying it's a scam, but the video doesn't really prove much.

There are representatives from the teams there, though. Imagine, "sorry fella this isn't the order we wanted, we're going to re-do it all and screw your team over." "Okay yeah, no problem, boss."

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hopefully not, was poor form when Colorado did it, I would hope we don't repeat it!

Ehhh, as long as we aren't obnoxious about it I think it is fine. Colorado has a ton of abject morons/children cheer for them and parade on the main boards.

They were the problem, that there was a thread on their board was non of our business honestly.

I'd prefer we don't have one because there is little reason to believe that the Sharks are destined for a bottom 3 finish while we absolutely were; but I don't think having one necessarily reflects poorly of us. Being jackasses about it would.

Reactions: derriko

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I like to think of us as un-undefeated.
I think we can steal a couple of worst NHL all-time record.
Eyeing the infamous CAPS one:

1: 1974–75 Washington Capitals

1. Record: 8–67–5
    The 1974-75 Capitals are the worst team to ever skate on the ice.
    Their .131 winning percentage is the worst in league history and they finished with half the points as their fellow expansion brothers, the Kansas City Scouts.
    The Caps managed to lose 39 out of their 40 road games and lost 17 in a row at one point.However, the dreadfulness was not limited to team records, not by a long shot.
    Goaltender Michel Belhumeur went 0-24 and along with fellow netminder Ron Low, they allowed a combined 446 goals (also an NHL record).The team was so bad that they lost four games by 10 or more goals, and coach Jim Anderson had to resign after being diagnosed with stomach ulcers caused by stress.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Ehhh, as long as we aren't obnoxious about it I think it is fine. Colorado has a ton of abject morons/children cheer for them and parade on the main boards.

They were the problem, that there was a thread on their board was non of our business honestly.

I'd prefer we don't have one because there is little reason to believe that the Sharks are destined for a bottom 3 finish while we absolutely were; but I don't think having one necessarily reflects poorly of us. Being jackasses about it would.

To each their own, I assume with our luck we will select 4th and 31st lol....that Senstracker website whilst kinda funny from the outside was way over the top imo!

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
So you are going with option 2. " implying that all these people, many of them from competing teams, as well as Ernst and Young who run the lottery, are complicit in the rigging"

Got it.

Or even more plausible, maybe they use memory drugs to re-do the lottery hundreds of times until they get the correct result, and the people attending other than Bettman have no memory of the multiple lotteries. They spend a week at it, somehow none of the people in attendances family notice they are missing.

tumblr_npkbsnbRvy1qfr6udo6_500.gifv

Lottery rigged: confirmed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We're not doing a very good job about being subtle about our intentions to tank this year's are we? :laugh:

We're supposed to have plausible deniability when the league confronts us about it, lol.
The league will be happy if they make it through the season without any more incidents from Melnyk. Plus having Dorion as our GM is kind of a bonus for not getting blamed for intentionally tanking.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
From the looks of things, I think we're by far and away the top tanking team this season. Ducks and Wings look pretty good, and even LA manages to score regularly with an apparently rejuvenated Kovalchuk.

So no need to worry too much about not finishing last as of how things look right now. We got this.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Lets be honest, from a purely business stand point it makes sense to assign the picks.
Crosby saved Pittsburgh.
Toews and Kane turned Chicago from a team with one of the worst attendance to a team that has one of the best sell out streaks going.

The league can help teams become more viable by generating interest with superstars in the making.
NJ got Nico Hischer. Whoop-d-do. He is not a superstar. They are facing the real possibility of losing Hall. They needed someone that could replace him as far as skills and crowd draw. What better candidate than Jack Hughes, an American. They basically gave NJ a redo.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I feel sorry for EK, heart of a Lion but that injury Cooke gave him is like replacing the chassis on a Lamborghini with a used one - without the perfect balance everything slowly gets pressure put on other areas and the balance and force isn’t there.

Matt Cooke is a piece of garbage and played hockey without any class and claimed what could of been one of the great careers of all time. NHL hockey has always made room for the punk-bitch over the super star and it’s why Mario retired, Karlsson will never reach his career potential.

Hockey culture is stupid.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Lets be honest, from a purely business stand point it makes sense to assign the picks.
Crosby saved Pittsburgh.
Toews and Kane turned Chicago from a team with one of the worst attendance to a team that has one of the best sell out streaks going.

The league can help teams become more viable by generating interest with superstars in the making.
NJ got Nico Hischer. Whoop-d-do. He is not a superstar. They are facing the real possibility of losing Hall. They needed someone that could replace him as far as skills and crowd draw. What better candidate than Jack Hughes, an American. They basically gave NJ a redo.

I used to believe this but when the NHL didn't help Arizona by giving them hometown superstar Matthews I just can't believe it anymore. They gave the richest team that sells out regardless of their on ice product Matthews. That said it makes total sense to rig it.

Reactions: derriko

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I used to believe this but when the NHL didn't help Arizona by giving them hometown superstar Matthews I just can't believe it anymore. They gave the richest team that sells out regardless of their on ice product Matthews. That said it makes total sense to rig it.

The league shares in revenue. Which would make more money, the Yotes making it into the playoffs (still not selling out the arena) or Leafs making multiple rounds each year?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
The league shares in revenue. Which would make more money, the Yotes making it into the playoffs (still not selling out the arena) or Leafs making multiple rounds each year?

Leafs were going to sell out anyways. Would it not be more profitable to help turn Arizona into a financially stable team especially over the long term ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad