The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part 2: The Tank is back on?: 30th place | 69.8pt projection

2019-20 Tankathon: Who are the tanking teams

• ANA

• ARI

• BOS

• BUF

• CGY

• COL

• CBJ

• DAL

• DET

• EDM

• FLA

• LAK

• MIN

• MTL

• NSH

• NJD

• NYI

• NYR

• PHI

• PIT

• SJS

• STL

• TBL

• TOR

• VAN

• VGK

• WSH

• WPG

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
captboro.jpg

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
To be frank, the league would be stupid not to rig it.

A #1 or #2 pick is like a steroid injection for a struggling franchise.

My money is on LA #1, Detroit #2 and Ottawa #3 this year. Luckily we'll get a great player at #3 since the draft is stacked this year.

Theoretically, yes. But the draft lottery is monitored by Ernst and Young (or another of the large firms) I believe at the moment. I hardly think they're going to risk their reputation and millions upon millions in lost fees and clientele should they be exposed to bend to the NHL's wishes. Whatever amount the NHL would pay them to look the other way would pale in comparison to the lost business for them were the rigging to be exposed.

People love conspiracy theories, but having a large accounting firm monitor the process would certainly put a dent in any theories once you consider things logically.

We'll have as good a chance as anybody at the rate this thing is going to win the lotto this year.

giphy.gif

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Theoretically, yes. But the draft lottery is monitored by Ernst and Young (or another of the large firms) I believe at the moment. I hardly think they're going to risk their reputation and millions upon millions in lost fees and clientele should they be exposed to bend to the NHL's wishes. Whatever amount the NHL would pay them to look the other way would pale in comparison to the lost business for them were the rigging to be exposed.

People love conspiracy theories, but having a large accounting firm monitor the process would certainly put a dent in any theories once you consider things logically.

We'll have as good a chance as anybody at the rate this thing is going to win the lotto this year.

giphy.gif
The lottery is also recorded and the recording is made public after the winners are announced.

Weakest conspiracy theory around, the draft lottery is not rigged.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
The lottery is also recorded and the recording is made public after the winners are announced.

Weakest conspiracy theory around, the draft lottery is not rigged.

And there is people from teams who are there. They cannot go out until it is announce.

Randy Lee was there for the Dahlin draft.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
I thought it was rigged till Arizona didn't get Matthews. That said it was totally rigged for Pittsburgh to get Crosby.

I still think it's rigged even after Matthews not going to ARZ because he went to Toronto, gotta keep that cash cow interesting, same thing last draft 2 money making teams move up in the draft Chicago magically moving up 9 spots and NYR getting 2nd and NJD (deserved the pick) getting 1st to try and attempt a bigger Hughes vs Kakko rivalry. But that all a conspiracy whether true or not i see it as highly plausible.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I still think it's rigged even after Matthews not going to ARZ because he went to Toronto, gotta keep that cash cow interesting, same thing last draft 2 money making teams move up in the draft Chicago magically moving up 9 spots and NYR getting 2nd and NJD (deserved the pick) getting 1st to try and attempt a bigger Hughes vs Kakko rivalry. But that all a conspiracy whether true or not i see it as highly plausible.
So the draft lottery video that is available publicly that shows the balls being drawn with the result documentation for which numbers correspond to which team that is provided to every member attending, is all cgi?

Or are you implying that all these people, many of them from competing teams, as well as Ernst and Young who run the lottery, are complicit in the rigging?

Here's the 2018 video:
Behind the scenes at NHL Draft Lottery

Reactions: DrEasy and Viletho

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We're not doing a very good job about being subtle about our intentions to tank this year's are we? :laugh:

We're supposed to have plausible deniability when the league confronts us about it, lol.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So the draft lottery video that is available publicly that shows the balls being drawn with the result documentation for which numbers correspond to which team that is provided to every member attending, is all cgi?

Or are you implying that all these people, many of them from competing teams, as well as Ernst and Young who run the lottery, are complicit in the rigging?

Here's the 2018 video:
Behind the scenes at NHL Draft Lottery

meh....why use cgi when you can just re-do the ball drop until you get a result you want? Not saying it's a scam, but the video doesn't really prove much.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
meh....why use cgi when you can just re-do the ball drop until you get a result you want? Not saying it's a scam, but the video doesn't really prove much.
So you are going with option 2. " implying that all these people, many of them from competing teams, as well as Ernst and Young who run the lottery, are complicit in the rigging"

Got it.

Or even more plausible, maybe they use memory drugs to re-do the lottery hundreds of times until they get the correct result, and the people attending other than Bettman have no memory of the multiple lotteries. They spend a week at it, somehow none of the people in attendances family notice they are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad