The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. VI - Zamboni Goalie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Do I cheer for EDM over WPG today? Will I lose my soul if I do?

TastyWastefulIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
So with the announcement that Adam Silver is suspending the NBA season and with the news that Bettman will be making a statement this evening, who else thinks that the NHL will follow suit and do the same in light of the Coronavirus pandemic?

Interesting times to say the least.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
So with the announcement that Adam Silver is suspending the NBA season and with the news that Bettman will be making a statement this evening, who else thinks that the NHL will follow suit and do the same in light of the Coronavirus pandemic?

Interesting times to say the least.

Canucks go on a winning streak and secure a wild card spot on the last day of the regular season.

Buttman suspends the season the next day because of the Coronavirus.

*THAT* is Canuck-luck.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Canucks go on a winning streak and secure a wild card spot on the last day of the regular season.

Buttman suspends the season the next day because of the Coronavirus.

*THAT* is Canuck-luck.

I was just thinking what if the season is suspended indefinitely and the Canucks finish the season, (currently in the 15th position overall and in a playoff spot.) receive the 15th overall pick with no post season appearance.........that would be Canuck luck at it's finest!!!!!!!

Reactions: Hit the post

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I was just thinking what if the season is suspended indefinitely and the Canucks finish the season, (currently in the 15th position overall and in a playoff spot.) receive the 15th overall pick with no post season appearance.........that would be Canuck luck at it's finest!!!!!!!

if the jets win tonight and they suspend then we are out and we keep our pick this year.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
if the jets win tonight and they suspend then we are out and we keep our pick this year.

They might determine it by point % per game rather than total points given that teams have played unequal #'s of games.

Also, if there are no playoffs, then playoff-protected traded picks and the draft lottery might be treated differently.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Could you imagine the Canucks get knocked out of a playoff spot tonight and then they suspend the season until the playoffs tomorrow, that might be an all timer for Canuck luck.

Reactions: vancityluongo

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
I think the Canucks will make it on points %, as the Canucks have a higher point % than the Flames.

Yea they'd be 3rd in the Pacific. With the Jets win tonight pts% look like:

CanucksFlamesJets
GP697071
Max Pts138140142
Actual Pts787980
%0.56520.56430.5634
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I’d be very surprised if the NHL doesn’t suspend play soon. Playing in empty buildings doesn’t seem like a solution and it’s only a matter of time before a player tests positive.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Watched a few of Vilardi's AHL games. Everything except his skating was impressive-- not surprising given his conditioning will be less than optimal this season, plus skating was apparently considered the weaker part of his game even before his back issues. His size, puck skills and hockey sense just leapt off of the screen. Haven't seen any of his NHL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad