The 2018 Panthers off-season thread- Part II

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Panthers are (which I agree with) projected as a low-tier playoff team. But as with any team in that projected 6-8 spot, a couple injuries or cold streaks and they'll be on the outside looking in. I said it before but with how many great and bad teams there are in the East, there's pretty much no chance Florida finishes above 6th or lower than 9th.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The Panthers are (which I agree with) projected as a low-tier playoff team. But as with any team in that projected 6-8 spot, a couple injuries or cold streaks and they'll be on the outside looking in. I said it before but with how many great and bad teams there are in the East, there's pretty much no chance Florida finishes above 6th or lower than 9th.

On paper it's a fringe playoff team but all they have to do is to convert five losses into wins and suddenly perception will change into that they are a major threat.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees

I'm not sold on the Bruins. No reason we can't get the 3rd seed in our division.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I'm not sold on the Bruins. No reason we can't get the 3rd seed in our division.

That 1st line is one of the best in the NHL. It has 3 players that would be the best player on 20/31 teams in the NHL. They aren't a sure thing for the top 3 but they are definitely one of the 3 favorites.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Barkov being charged with a driving offense of some sort (the story has little information and doesn't disclose anything other than "endangering road safety", which includes various driving offenses), probably speeding.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

Barkov being charged with a driving offense of some sort (the story has little information and doesn't disclose anything other than "endangering road safety", which includes various driving offenses), probably speeding.

Last summer he got fined for speeding. Hilarious. Someone get Sasha a bike.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL

Used 'google translate' to read the article and idk if some phrases were lost in translation, but it called it a "criminal case" and said he will face prosecution at a hearing... is that just a poor translation or is typical to have a criminal court hearing for a speeding ticket in Finland? Made me worry it was something more serious like intoxicated driving.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Used 'google translate' to read the article and idk if some phrases were lost in translation, but it called it a "criminal case" and said he will face prosecution at a hearing... is that just a poor translation or is typical to have a criminal court hearing for a speeding ticket in Finland? Made me worry it was something more serious like intoxicated driving.
If it is a speeding ticket then that means he drove over 40km/h over the limit. That's when you gotta go to court.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He can plead guilty as charged and does not need to appear in court then, the fine is going to be hefty though but if it's "just" speeding he'll probably avoid jail time.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Nothings quaranteed but Boston should be an elite team.

Monster 1st line with deep 1-6 blueline& Rask in net, McAvoy addition was massive for Boston, the kid looks like the Chara replacement the team desperately needed.

They've also added ton of young talent at F that aren't household names yet, outside of Pasta. DeBrusk, Donato, Heinen& Bjork look like players as well.

Florida thanks to their elite top5 could challenge last years trio, but they have more question marks around their roster than the 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He can plead guilty as charged and does not need to appear in court then, the fine is going to be hefty though but if it's "just" speeding he'll probably avoid jail time.
I think there's a limit to that too though, right? So if it's excessive speeding (say something like 200 km/h in a 100 zone), you can't just pay and make it go away, I think.

Drunk driving is a seperate offense, so it's not related to that.

Endangering road safety includes things like speeding, reckless driving, passing in areas where you're not supposed to, running a red light, etc.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
the ducks brought back a new rendition of the classic mighty ducks jerseys with most of the original colors (FINALLY!!!!!), we need to do something similar like in that link. use the new redesigned leaping panther and try the classic red design but with a new twist to it.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->