Prospect Info: The 2018 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Getting the impression that there really is a top 8 or 9 in this draft and the Oilers will not get one of those guys.

Understand why Chiarelli went public with his willingness to move the pick.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Getting the impression that there really is a top 8 or 9 in this draft and the Oilers will not get one of those guys.

Understand why Chiarelli went public with his willingness to move the pick.

My thinking is that there are a top 9. I am hoping that some team goes off the board and one of those top 9 fall to Edmonton.

For that reason, there is little chance that the Oilers move the pick until the top 9 choices are made.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Assuming Edmonton isn't thrilled with who's available when 10 rolls around...why don't they try to trade for Trouba? Right handed offensive defenseman, and not exactly a track record of making it easy for Winnipeg to keep him. Not all teams want to deal with their neighbor, but it might be a unique win-win opportunity.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Assuming Edmonton isn't thrilled with who's available when 10 rolls around...why don't they try to trade for Trouba? Right handed offensive defenseman, and not exactly a track record of making it easy for Winnipeg to keep him. Not all teams want to deal with their neighbor, but it might be a unique win-win opportunity.

Well they have no cap space so they would have get rid of salary. Would have to be Nurse/Klefbom + or Lucic cap dump for something else.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Assuming the pick is not traded, who do you think the pick should be? I know you were high on Sergachev a few years back.

At 10 it's hard to say because I don't know who will be on the board. I agree with Chia saying there's a top group of guys then another group who go anywhere from 5-10 on any given day. For me I want Hughes or Dobson but think they're both gone before 6.

84oiler

Jun 29, 2016
Hey guys. My son spoke to Liam Foudy today (former teammate) and when he suggested that he hopes the Oilers would draft him in the second or trade up into the end of the first to get him he said that would be "sick".

Reactions: nally

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Starting to feel like us dropping that 1 spot in the lottery was a big deal...

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Hey guys. My son spoke to Liam Foudy today (former teammate) and when he suggested that he hopes the Oilers would draft him in the second or trade up into the end of the first to get him he said that would be "sick".

Lol, I first read that as "he said that he would be sick".

Seemed more appropriate, given the somber mood of the fanbase going into the summer here. :)

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Starting to feel like us dropping that 1 spot in the lottery was a big deal...

If you include Boqvist, there is a top 10 for sure. Veleno, Hayton, Farabee, Kravtsov, and Ty Smith (maybe Bokk) form the next grouping.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Uffe Bodin is the Editor in Chief at Hockeysverige.se, Swedens biggest hockey site. Really knowledgeable and respected guy. Again, you won't see anything in swedish media about Boqvist's defensive zone / compete issues. It's all from NA. Weird, considering swedish writers and journalists should be the ones who have seen him the most.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Uffe Bodin is the Editor in Chief at Hockeysverige.se, Swedens biggest hockey site. Really knowledgeable and respected guy. Again, you won't see anything in swedish media about Boqvist's defensive zone / compete issues. It's all from NA. Weird, considering swedish writers and journalists should be the ones who have seen him the most.

Thanks for sharing Zaddy. Glad that people who get to see Boqvist regularly feel any defensive shortcomings are far offset by his obvious offensive talent. I think this draft is similar to Karlsson's draft year in 2008 in terms of the number of quality high end defenders available. Best not to play it safe and get stuck with a Luke Schenn or Colton Teubert when you could've had an Erik Karlsson.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Adam Boqvist's offensive upside is tremendous. Were talking Offensively this guy may be outscoring Dahlin through his prime years. You just can't pass up on that type of talent. You can teach how to be in good defensive positions, but you cannot teach how to pile up points from the backend. Oilers should sprint up to the stage to say his name if he is avail at 10. Boqvist is the ultimate new age defenseman. More so then anyone else in this draft.

Reactions: Saxonsun

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think you gotta swing for the fences at 10. If you are settling for a higher floor player, you are missing out. If the best ou hope from Smith is a Sekera type and level player, well you can find those players in UFA or trade if he look hard enough. If Boqvist does turn out, you cant find those type of D.

Please just draft the swedish D with offensive upside. It should be like an absolute no brainer. RHD with offense. This should be one of the easiest picks ever

Reactions: Saxonsun and Beetle

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Honestly wouldn’t mind trading down for Bokk and Dellandrea if Dobson and Wahlstrom are gone. I'm not a huge fan of Boqvist, but wouldn’t mind if he fell to us. Jett Woo at 40 would be awesome.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Honestly wouldn’t mind trading down for Bokk and Dellandrea if Dobson and Wahlstrom are gone. I'm not a huge fan of Boqvist, but wouldn’t mind if he fell to us. Jett Woo at 40 would be awesome.
I think the most realistic trade down option is with Philly. They are both a bit of a reach, but I'd be okay with Bokk and Dellandrea at 14 & 19.

I'm actually really hoping they trade down, we have s*** in the pipeline.

Dellandrea is going to be a huge steal in 5 years imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad