Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
leafs lol.png

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
One game winner takes it, Bs with home ice. I like their chances.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
JT pulling a disappearing act. The further this goes the bigger the bullet dodge looks for the Isles.

Reactions: Quicklime

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Sometimes things are a blessing in disguise. Of course I would have loved for Tavares to sign, but signing him would have severely limited the Isles chances for a Cup over the long haul to be honest...

Again, I would've loved to sign him but with that contract you are looking at a 4-5 year window at most to win. Oh and you are not keeping this teams top shutdown forward in Nelson and the leader in Lee. Interesting how the focus has shifted for Leaf fans and Tavares within a mere six games.

Shimmy Cocopop

Oct 26, 2017
Tavares really has been a non factor this post season for the Leafs. I'm actually quite surprised. He was a playoff beast here.
Now watch him score a hatty in game 7, including the game winner in OT

1 goal in 6 games (which was a meaningless goal as time ran out in a 4-1 game) and a -4.

I do think we match up better with the Leafs than the Bruins, but I would bevery happy watching the Leafs get knocked out in round 1.

Reactions: beach and Quicklime

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Lay off man, that Jamie Benn Special he scored was a pivotal goal. It was worth the $11M, that's for sure. Impact player man. 2nd highest paid player in the game this past year.
Not going to agree. Isles are where they are because of a system the A. Is predicated on defense first and B. Works best when bought into a group of players with a chip on their shoulders. If Tavares was still here team would still be leaning on him and Barzal would still be kid who won the calder.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Tavares really has been a non factor this post season for the Leafs. I'm actually quite surprised. He was a playoff beast here.
Now watch him score a hatty in game 7, including the game winner in OT
you know this is what is going to happy, I am guessing he is not going to get a hatty but a big goal nonetheless

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Tavares is not a complete non factor. Tavares' job in this series is to eat up Bergeron's time. His stats were always going to suffer in a series against Boston, but his presence has allowed Matthews to score 5 goals. Matthews doesn't look great either and was really asleep fro the first half of the series (I really wonder if he plays scared because of his shoulder), but Bergeron would destroy Matthews if he was the 1C and leave the Leafs with nothing after that. This Leafs teams vs this Bruins team (as in, not looking at last year's rosters) without Tavares is a complete disaster for the Leafs. That's why he's still a factor.

The problem is that you pay an $11 million guy to take over the series and not just take away the attention from other players. Bergeron will eat up most people, and he ate up Tavares his entire tenure as an Islander. And he would eat up Matthews in the playoffs all day. But that's the flaw in the Leafs' makeup. A lot of money tied up in players that aren't moving the needle enough. They are very talented, but are lacking that extra factor.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
The one Leafs fan standing up and blocking the view of millions of viewers at home... pretty sure he posts on the main board.

That is bighead91leafblower. I hear he also can't just sit at the movies or the dinner table .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad