The 2017-2018 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

What will the Coyotes do before the deadline?

• Total voters

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd prefer Hickey to Schenn. Do we still have a open contract slot? Burke just signed but I think MJ is going to win Memorial Cup so that contract slides, correct? We are going to have to burn a year to get Hickey signed.
I don’t think there’s a single poster on this board that wants Schenn back. I don’t think Hickey is NHL ready. He’ll likely spend more than one season in the AHL before he’s NHL ready. That’s if he’s ever NHL ready.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think there’s a single poster on this board that wants Schenn back. I don’t think Hickey is NHL ready. He’ll likely spend more than one season in the AHL before he’s NHL ready. That’s if he’s ever NHL ready.
I'm indifferent. It's a 6/7 D slot.

I like Hickey as a prospect. I think he'll play.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'd prefer Hickey to Schenn. Do we still have a open contract slot? Burke just signed but I think MJ is going to win Memorial Cup so that contract slides, correct? We are going to have to burn a year to get Hickey signed.
Well worth it. In every viewing I have had of Hickey he looks like a sure fire NHL Dman. Sign him when BU season is over and let him finish the year in the desert ala Keller last year. Hope they sign the goalie Madsen as well.

Reactions: hbk

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Grossman was effective the year before we got him and part of the time we had him. Schenn was effective last year in spots but wasn't great. Z was effective then wound up in the AHL for us. Klesla faded too, it happens. Our top 5D are middle of the pack and Kconn has the 6th spot. There might be a home for Schenn somewhere in the NHL next year, I just don't see it as a for sure thing. He is third pairing at best on a bad team and there are plenty of guys that can fill that roll besides Schenn. Chayka would have unloaded him for a 4th rd pick and we couldn't get that for him, tells me is value is low and NHL days might be over.
Grossmann was not effective the year before. Trust me, I watch damn near every flyers game. He was one of the whipping boys for flyers fans, Schenn was as well, and deservedly so. I talked about it when we acquired him, and was proven right by the end of the year. Then I mentioned how Schenn was Grossmann version 2.0 when we signed him, and was surprised how he was actually pretty good last year. I was ready to eat some crow, but then the real Schenn showed up this year. He looks exactly like his last few years in Philly this year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well worth it. In every viewing I have had of Hickey he looks like a sure fire NHL Dman. Sign him when BU season is over and let him finish the year in the desert ala Keller last year. Hope they sign the goalie Madsen as well.
I’ve watched a handful of BU games this year. Tkachuk stands out to me, Hickey much less so, and Crotty is tough to spot even if you’re looking for him (I don’t think he plays much and he’s got a quiet game anyway - like if Radislav Suchy played 10mins/game - haha).

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
To me, Hickey is a smart, smooth skating D first D with a good transition game. Maybe he is not noticeable because he does not make glaring mistakes?

Reactions: hbk

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
There isn't a player who I wouldn't want replaced with a better player on the team. Replacing Schenn is fine if there is a better player available. I am not a fan of rearranging the deck chairs, particularly on this boat.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
We are currently back at 50 contracts.

Wouldn’t be surprised there are probably 3-4 current ones that will go away at the end of the season.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We are currently back at 50 contracts.

Wouldn’t be surprised there are probably 3-4 current ones that will go away at the end of the season.
Not calling you a liars but are you counting the elcs not on the club and/or the AHL transactions that didn't impact the parent clubs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad