Line Combos: The 2013-14 starting line-up, as chosen by you, the fans!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Bourque... best forward on the team last year. Relegated to the 3rd line. Sick.

As for above. :facepalm: .. Chirping Briere before he even plays a game. Disgusting.

Don't facepalm me. I actually support the Briere stop gap. I was talking about longer term, where I don't want to see this type of player on a contending Habs team. Get real if you think Briere will be part of that. :)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd go with the predictable:

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
MaxPac - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
Prust - White - Parros
extra: Moen

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I disagree with many of the lines there, but the majority has spoken! (good news : the majority is NOT the Habs GM)

I'm curious : is there anyone who voted exactly like the majority?

I voted for Gionta to play on the 2nd line instead of Gallagher, so Galchenyuk and Eller could play with a veteran leader, for once. Also, I agree with you that our 3rd line could've been better, and the majority didn't thought about that before voting.

First line has some great potential, I agree with the majority.
Second line, OK with Galchenyuk if he looks good during the training camp, OK with Eller if he finds his last year's confidence, but I'd rather see Gionta with them, I'm sure he will help them in many ways, vice versa.
Third line, Agree with Bourque and Desharnais, but c'mon! Do you think adding Gionta will work for us? You could disagree with me, but just put Gallagher there and it could be a great fit for a consistant line. Don't forget, Gallagher is only 21, his development isn't over.
Fourth line looks good, I'm pretty sure it will never be the 3 same fowards playing each games anyway but I could see this line for some games.

Ok with our defensive top 6

If anybody wants to start the Hamilton Bulldogs version of this, it could be fun too.

I don't say no!

My lineup:

Pacioretty-Pleckanec-Briere
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Bourque-Desharnais-Gallagher
Prust-White-Moen

The first line could be our shut down line, playing big defensive minutes and Briere always taking face-offs at the right side, even though Plecky could take them by switching the side of his stick.
Second and third line would have great offensive efficiency.
And we would have a better 4th line than last year.

Looks good to me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
For the regular season those lines are okay I guess but Briere, DD, Gallagher & Gionta on the top three lines for the playoffs tells me it's going to be another short run.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I love the second line, but it needs some balance to it. I doubt Briere was brought in at the cap hit he makes to play soft, third line minutes. He'll likely play top six minutes and get a chance with Plekanec.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta = Worked well last season up until Bourque's concussion.
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere = They'll get thrown out there against weaker opponents like two years ago and see PP time as well.
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher = Love the idea of kid line. Gallagher and Gionta are interchangeable on the 1st/3rd lines.
Prust-White-Moen = Agreed on this one as well. Moen will bounce back, Prust will continue to beast it up and White will smarten up (hopefully). Parros gets inserted in games where they need a fighter (Boston, Toronto, Ottawa).

I'm just confused by how put together that second line. It's an exploitation line, right? Put out there only against weaker opponents and in offensive starts.

Why do you put our best winger, one of the best at his position in the game, on a line that is so context sensitive? Maxpac should be playing a ton. As much as possible, in fact. He gets that chance with Pleks.

Bourque with DD and Briere makes sense since sheltering them is a good idea. You could switch Bourque with Galchenyuk, if anything, but I'd rather him play with a center who knows what the defensive zone looks like.

I'd let Therrien sort it out.

Well, damn. Time to close up shop, folks.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009

thom

Mar 6, 2012
The guy onice is right they seem to be small and how much gass does briere have.If your small you need to be very talented or tough as nails.Martin St Louis or a fleury type are players with those attributes.Its going to be a 82 games scedule and how we played last season will put a lot of pressure on the guys the fans expect a good season

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I admit, he performed better than I expected and the line of Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta was killer before Bourque's concussion. But yeah, best forward is a bit of a stretch.

As for full line-up, I'm not going to post mine with description because it's long and... I also covered it in an article. :D

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/08/31/starting-line-up-the-montreal-canadiens/

Don't get me wrong. I like bourque. He's very good value for his caphit. But that doesn't change the fact that he gets carried by pleks + gio. They handled all the defensive and transition work and bourque fulfilled his end of the bargain and capitalised when he had to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->